Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus

Gerrark

Apr 30, 2008
TheDarkArchon said:
Garfgarog said:
Good Yahtzee, nothing like trolling people to make sure you get more attention.
Nah, he just likes the solid gold reactions from the fanboys.
Being a dick to get a reaction is the definition of trolling. And before everybody screams "ZOMG HE CALLED YAHTZEE A DICK HE'S A FANBOY." Come on. I mean, honestly. Look at the stuff he says. He's a dick. Is that a bad thing? No, it's what entertains us in the first place. We like his searing opinions (so long as they're eloquently stated usually), but that does not change the fact that much of what he does is dickish, and to go even a stop farther, that many of his actions are simply trolling on a pretty grand scale. It's quite beautiful actually.

xanrethan

Apr 23, 2008
the_importer said:
Oh good, you decided to review a game for which you actually like the genre and with it came back your usual standards.

This just in, you suck when your review games from outside your genre tastes, so stay away from fighting games and JRPGs.
Actually, I believe his review on brawl was more funny, more witty and more about the game than this week's.

As for people with sore bums that have persisted from last week, Brawl isn't good. It's just kinda funny that he was generally positive in his connotations about a "meh" game this week.

Keep'm comin', Yahtzee, but we all secretly await more liquid hatred in internet movie format.

The Thief

Apr 24, 2008
This was funnier than the last review, but still a bit behind the rest, imo.

I haven't ever played a god of war game so I can't comment on the review part.

I laughed out loud at the "Brawl still shit" comment. Yahtzee you fucking Trollbag!

Sydash

Apr 30, 2008
Another EPIC review for a great game and btw my girlfriend likes your reviews too but I don't think that I should be worried ;) Thanks again and keep up the AMAZING job you're doing

kiokushitaka

May 1, 2008
MiniMaharu said:
I have to say that I love this review, not that I don't love every review.
Though it seems that our friend, Yahtzee, is getting more and more sexual with each and every review he makes.
Yahtzee! Get yourself a girl, mate!
Or a guy..
I can't really conclude that you're straight, considering almost every review has some sort of homosexual reference.

Oh! And just to add to all of this, I'm a girl who's favourite game is God of War AND I've watched every one of your reviews. So there! You and your assumption that girls don't get the pleasure from ripping eyes out, breaking necks, etc.

And I half expected you to bring up the sex scene near the very beginning of the game. Pft! You're starting to lose your touch! Commenting less and less on the game.

The one part is definately true though...
... The girls who watch it want in your pants!
There was that one review where he vehemently exclaimed that he's not gay at the end, though that may be denial. :B

MiniMaharu

Apr 30, 2008
I think he was making it more of a joke, or just trying to hide it.
I still want in his pants.

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
thats weird, all other the other reviewers say this is the first 'REAL' game to come out on PSP.
personally Ive never played any god of war games, but I hate all this unoriginal crap that is developed now.
but hey, I like Clive Barkers Jericho by Clive Barker XD!

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
I had a friend get me hooked on these with Call of Duty 4 and I've been hooked since. He has a unique way of expressing his opinion and making me laugh at the same time. This was just another in a long line of laughs that have lasted for weeks. Sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I don't, but that never stops the fun of watching the videos. :)

annoyingnitpicker said:
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Yahtzee but this is about the third review where he has pronounced a word, if not incorrectly, then in a way I've never heard before.

I can't remember the other two times but in this case it was "respite" which I have always heard pronounced RE - SPITE (same way as "spiteful") rather than RE_SPIT (same way as "spit at someone")

And I don't think its a cultural thing, as I'm English. Unless it's an Ozzie thing and he has been there too long?

I'm genuinely curious, not a troll. Yahtzee is the man, as proved by the "clumsily finger a robot prostitute" line.
According to Webster's, it is pronounced res-pit.

wench

Braids of Fury!
May 1, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Should I be worried now if my girlfriend likes these reviews?
Only if she starts booking trips to Australia. If you're in Australia, I'd start worrying now.

MiniMaharu said:
The one part is definitely true though... The girls who watch it want in your pants!
She's right, you know! I play my own games, though. Loved the review, and the tagline about Spartans totally broke me up.

- wench

curryinc

May 1, 2008
one hundred and fourteenth..!!

wasn't feeling this one...

i laughed out loud during the ssbb and condemned 2 ones though.

mcderek3000

Nov 15, 2007
So far, I have absolutely loved the God of War series.

I liked the review, but I thought that a character as over-the-top and "I-am-so-serious" as Kratos could have had more jokes written about him.

mcderek3000

Nov 15, 2007
The Legacy said:
Hah! I loved the review. Also loved the part mentioning girlfriends wanting to f*** you. :p
I can tell from that joke alone that Yahtzee has not had a girlfriend since the Sydney Olympics. Still, a man can dream.

kiokushitaka

May 1, 2008
annoyingnitpicker said:
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Yahtzee but this is about the third review where he has pronounced a word, if not incorrectly, then in a way I've never heard before.

I can't remember the other two times but in this case it was "respite" which I have always heard pronounced RE - SPITE (same way as "spiteful") rather than RE_SPIT (same way as "spit at someone")

And I don't think its a cultural thing, as I'm English. Unless it's an Ozzie thing and he has been there too long?

I'm genuinely curious, not a troll. Yahtzee is the man, as proved by the "clumsily finger a robot prostitute" line.
I have always heard it pronounced as the dictionary says, "rěs'pĭt" (that is, res-pit).

Lord T Hawkeye

Oct 24, 2007
I got through GoW 1 though the combat was actually starting to bore me near the end and Hades irked a A LOT. I got a bit through GoW 2 but when I hit the temple and and got deja vu, I packed it in.

Nice review except...

"I'm always the first to cry foul when developers wipe their dicks all over a perfectly good series just for innovation sake"

Yahtzee, if you're a proponent of "don't fix what isn't broken" then I'm Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kindom! ><

MiniMaharu

Apr 30, 2008
These have to be the most sexual comments I've read on a post.

Yahtzee...
Everyone wants you!