Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus

swatmajor1

Gimme 5 Minutes!
Jan 3, 2008
Again, great review. The Fuck You button, well, mine is the good old shot gun to face. And well, I think some personal Yahtzee issues about his childhood came up n this review....

Where was I, oh yes, great review

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Good review.

now is time for zippy rant mode
I hate the PSP crap layout questionable movie making..er money making shcemes on the PSP movie discs..why not I dunno stick a simple copy of the movie on a PSP disc in with all the dvds you make then then sale the special custom PSP disc edition for 29.99$ instead of trying to sale the PSP movie discs for the fcking price of a DVD....

and god the layout is so bad...put a 2ndnub on it and make the nubs slightly exstenable wif alil kit, if you make the layout like the PS2 you'll get better ports and better games..... oh well the PSP is nothing more than a OTT PDA anyway..I hope they get the PSP2 right.. did love the TV link for it when I had one.

bhoksbergen

Jan 24, 2008
hey, this one is really good, i liked it better than the last couple ones... while am at bleating like a little lamb of the flock, where the hell has my GTA IV Yahtzee hands-on gone? NO. Seriously. I dare you. Do it.

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
I've never played God of War and yahtzee didn't really help me understand why it's popular, I am not saying it's probably rubbish I just wondered why it is good?

Snake Bandage

Apr 24, 2008
"Brawl still shit"? I like you, Yahtzee, you got balls.

Great review, as always! I love the Fuck You Button too. I'm not surprised Yahtzee is cool with GoW despite all its cons (and it does have some), it's hard to dislike a game where you get to impale giant monsters on poles and kill whatever you feel like killing.

Feb 13, 2008
Mistress Harpo said:
Thats not fair! I'm not here just because I secretly want to fuck him... That's an added bonus. ^-^
Root_of_all_evil : Page 16 of the SSBB thread said:
Putting in something like "Send me your knickers girls" will be acted upon. Many times. Many Scary times.
I called it. ;)

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
144 said:
Yeah, he did realize how hypocritical it sounded, but said it anyway, likely for comic relief. We know this because his next post said so. However, you have no such justification. Clearly, the hypocrite here is you. We DO need his kind here, because otherwise the only people in the forum would be arrogant pricks like myself, and retarded arrogant pricks like yourself. So I hope there isn't a flying moose in his near future.
Oooo, yay, argument!

I would put forward the point that he only realised how stupid he sounded after writing it, hence the admission of hypocrisy being in a post after the original. Although I fail to see the real comic effect of a badly written piece whining about how much people like someone else, a point that would merely imply he was jealous of said popularity, and made himself feel better by making an insulting post about anyone who likes this symbol of envy. Retrospectively, he realises he sounds stupid, but rather than edit his original post, he makes a second one. This one is self mocking, an attempt to placate the people who just read the original post and are peeved at how someone who can't even spell feels justified to insult others.

"Horsey to king 6"

Mezza

May 3, 2008
thats was gwd but do u recon u could do starwars republican commando on the xbox it was an awsome game

-Rykan-

May 3, 2008
I'm the girlfriend of a gamer, but I am a gamer myself, but even so, HOW DID HE KNOW?
I did a BA in Archaeology, this game makes my eye twitch.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Rest easy. in GOW III they explain not only why they deviate so much from Greek Mythology, but also why we no longer live in a world of Greek Mythology.
I heard a rumour that the Egyptian gods have something to do with it. Anyway, I don't want to spam :p (even more)

Tanthalos

Mar 25, 2008
Good review.

I actually finally got around to buying the first God of War because of this review and for the first time I found Yahtzee made an understatement.

"Violence is between somewhere between excessive and off its tits."

I personally found the level of violence to start at "Off its tits".