Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero III

RodneyChops

Sep 18, 2007
Good review, and I totally agree with the 'Quit the game here brick wall of difficulty jumping doom.' Still haven't beaten that.

However, I don't know if anyone has griped yet about the retarded adds on whatever video hosting service the reviews are hosted on, but holy crap. That add popover thing and the annoying videos afterwards when I forget to close the window. Whats wrong with Youtube? There must be slightly lessing annoying alternatives.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Jeigan said:
Corbineau said:
Jeigan said:
Sorry, Corbineau I don't really have the time to read through five pages of messages. And that wasn't meant to rude, it's just the truth. It's quite nice to know, though :D
It's all good. :D We should start a band.
Heh, what would we call ourselves? Shadows of a Gentleman Thief?
Actually, I think that would be an excellent name for a rock band. Then again, it's hard to do worse than "The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus". :p

Jeigan

Dec 13, 2007
I suppose it has a certain ring to it, but it's missing something... It just doesn't roll off the tongue. Hey Yahtzee, what do you think? Or do you not read these?

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
So ... when are you and the escapist gonna stop dicking around, buy a huge pc and review Crysis? I fear you'll have to jam forks in your eyes though ;)

beoweasel

Nov 26, 2007
mGoLos said:
So ... when are you and the escapist gonna stop dicking around, buy a huge pc and review Crysis? I fear you'll have to jam forks in your eyes though ;)
What, because Yahtzee will find it so monotonous that the only way to escape the bland is to shove forks in his eyes?

Skatoony

Oct 4, 2007
By far the funniest ZP I've watched to date. The ending had me in tears!

I hope my boyfriend doesn't try playing GH3...

TSED

Dec 16, 2007
I registered just to say:

There IS, absolutely IS, coop quickplay. It's under the 'Multiplayer' section, instead of being on the main menu. Shame, Yahtzee!

But, now that I'm here, I might as well spew my unsolicited opinion like every one else:

Gay jokes aren't all that funny. The odd one here or there's fine, but a whole review with the theme... it just isn't funny. Been done before and way better. Sorry.

Gnuzzk

Oct 26, 2007
great episode!:D your the only reason i registerd on this site... i wanted to make comments on your videos... IM NOT GAY!

Jeigan

Dec 13, 2007
TSED said:
I registered just to say:

There IS, absolutely IS, coop quickplay. It's under the 'Multiplayer' section, instead of being on the main menu. Shame, Yahtzee!

But, now that I'm here, I might as well spew my unsolicited opinion like every one else:

Gay jokes aren't all that funny. The odd one here or there's fine, but a whole review with the theme... it just isn't funny. Been done before and way better. Sorry.
Hell, he probably does it just to egg people like me on... such a tease...

Norwegianguy

Dec 17, 2007
First time poster, but I love Yahtzees reviews, it usually hit the nail straight home and did it again with this. It even got an impact on my local gamestore, we watched the Jericho review and he decided not to bring the shait into the store :)

JoeCooL said:
No ... u're not...it's the most idiotic game ever... and "Who's Tom Morello ?" ...are u fuckin hamsters?!?!? http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time (check no.26)
Yahtzee U "twat" ,do u see Slash anywhere on that list?!? but I guess the boys and girls at the Rolling Stone are a bunch of gays
You can also look at the date posted, the lack of Mike Oldfield and that Mark Knopfler is rated under both Tom Morello and The Edge, my respect for U2 and The Edge is boundless, but is a better guitarist than Mark Knopfler? No he isn't, any "Top 100" list with Knopfler not in the top 10 is a axe job.... IMHO.

VKhaun

Nov 17, 2007
How Yahtzee got Guitar Hero Three:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071216/od_afp/canadainternetdrugchristmasoffbeat

soladrin

Sep 9, 2007
i still stay with my view on any guitar hero-like game... Its as appealing as a karaoke bar filled with drunken germans....

Beanish

Dec 7, 2007
TSED said:
Agreed. The jokes would seem to be making fun of homophobia. But like racism and sexism, ridiculing homophobes usually isn't funny (at least to me) because they're sad and pathetic.

I'm not saying that I want Yahtzee to start being Politcally Correct - anything but! That's one of the things that makes his stuff great, that he'll go places other people are afraid to, and be smart and funny about it. My point is just that teh gay jokes weren't funny to me.

TSED

Dec 16, 2007
Beanish said:
TSED said:
Agreed. The jokes would seem to be making fun of homophobia. But like racism and sexism, ridiculing homophobes usually isn't funny (at least to me) because they're sad and pathetic.

I'm not saying that I want Yahtzee to start being Politcally Correct - anything but! That's one of the things that makes his stuff great, that he'll go places other people are afraid to, and be smart and funny about it. My point is just that teh gay jokes weren't funny to me.
Yes, you put it much more eloquently than I did.