Zero Punctuation: Halo 3

UCHU

Aug 16, 2008
ever try play any of those on anything other than easy?
Yes, actually. Gradius V is absolutely terrifying on anything higher than Very Easy because the amount of bullets on the screen melts your face, as if the bullet patterns in Very Easy weren't complex enough (If you still don't believe me, I'll show you a few screenshots if you need me to.) I played Metal Gear Solid on the harder difficulties. Even though the AI is pretty much the same, your lower resilience to bullets makes everything a lot tougher. House of the Dead 2...I tried putting it to other difficulties but it didn't seem to have any impact on the gameplay.

Don't assume that just because I point out a few games that are still hard on their easy difficulties that I only play them on that setting.

You was attempting to take a tank out with a warthog? AND you had time to get out and switch?

lolol Yahtzee played on easy!
No, this isn't proof that he played it on easy. It was just a humorous demonstration showing how terrible the friendly AI is. And it really IS that bad. Sometimes when driving, the friendly AI will just stop and back up for absolutely no reason.

Dont give a shit about multiplayer and then reviews games whose greatest FEATURE is multiplayer
If Halo 3's greatest feature is multiplayer, then why was the advertising based entirely around the game's story?

CounterRetort

Aug 16, 2008
"Halo 3 is "good". The storyline is fair enough, even for someone who was left with a gap between the first and third episode. But the game is just the same as the first one, same freaking weapons, same freaking enemies and same freaking voices in your head, except for that alien one who I found masochisticly creepy."

fair enough. even though they refined and added weapons and now deployable equipment so youre dead wrong there.and the also added a few enemies since the first one, so again dead wrong. voices would be voice also. so basically youre first sentance could be taken as "fair" and everything else thats after is just making shit up

Well, when someone launches a sequal (or how the hell you spell that) I expect it to live up to be a new game, this is more of an expansion, the new features are closer to the improvements Starcraft: Brood Wars did to the original game, a few new things and keeping up the story abit longer.

And sequal should be like the good old Age of Empire times. That's a sequal. With every game, there was huge improvements in gameplay, noticable graphic changes, and more content, NEW content.

And you, forum troll. As I said, this is WHAT I THINK, if you dont agree, take it somewhere else. I am just trying to contribute with my own point of view, while you are desperatly trying to defend a game. Try to listen to what I (We, Them, Him, Her, Whatever) write instead of trying to convert us to your belief, it wont work. Once again, my two cents.

UCHU

Aug 16, 2008
"It is contextual proof as far as I am concerned because anyone worth there salt wouldnt be fighting a fucking tank with a fucking warthog."

How would you know that he was in a situation like that? He was probably using stock pictures to get his point about the friendly AI across. On top of this, Yahtzee is more of a comedian than a game critic, so he probably exaggerated the situation a bit more on purpose.

"I doubt bungie actually expected anyone interested in the game to try to make the computer do all the fun/hard stuff"

If Bungie really thought about it that way then they never would've programmed it in to the game in the first place.

UCHU

Aug 16, 2008
"HE FUCKING SAID IT!!!"

Well shit, just watched it again, my mistake.

But still, mounted machine guns on vehicles (especially ones the size of the one on the warthog, and not only that, is about 500 years more advanced than our technology.) should logically be powerful enough to do SOME damage on a tank. Plus, the weaponry on the covenant tank isn't exactly all that reliable since all it shoots is a huge mortar round, so unless you are VERY good at aiming or just really really lucky, you're going to miss the thing. Yes, there's a turret added to the Wraiths in Halo 3, but the projectiles are still very dodgeable.

"Thats just stupid. Youre stupid."

So you're just going to say this and not even explain why? Don't leave me hanging, man. ='C

CounterRetort

Aug 16, 2008
bodiddly83 post=6.49217.635408 said:
"Well, when someone launches a sequal (or how the hell you spell that) I expect it to live up to be a new game, this is more of an expansion, the new features are closer to the improvements Starcraft: Brood Wars did to the original game, a few new things and keeping up the story abit longer."

A a sequel is not a "new game". The improvements of halo 3 over the ones before are dramatic. anyone who says otherwise doesnt play it online. End of story there.

"And you, forum troll. As I said, this is WHAT I THINK, if you dont agree, take it somewhere else. I am just trying to contribute with my own point of view, while you are desperatly trying to defend a game. Try to listen to what I (We, Them, Him, Her, Whatever) write instead of trying to convert us to your belief, it wont work. Once again, my two cents"

I already addressed "trolling" and got banned for it. Halo defends itself with a larger population online than in your moms pants(just barely though) and tournment play that would make the hardest level of gradius look like a picnic. The only thing Im trying desperatly to do is point out that Putzhee is a non-aiming easy mode ***** like most of his nut huggers here and needs to stfu about shit that would get him wtfpwned in any local tourney in whatever backwater aussy dingo riddled village he calls home.
And he has stated that he gives shit care about multiplayer, he only reviews singe player? Take a chill pill. And if you dispise him so much, why do you try to copy his type of speech into your writing with catchy reference (to my mom wich I must thank for). And an online experience is what the players make it, I've played Halo 3 Online and I clearly dont see what makes this into the holy graal of gaming.

Anyhow, I'm glad for you that you enjoy it, I prefer Bad Company since then I can blow up walls, and buildings (no one has a house in halo, poor bastards). I'll enjoy my cup of tea and you enjoy yours.

On a side not tho, a sequel (as it spelled) should still in in my opinion, carry more than a continued story. But fuck me who am I to tell the world. Night

gaming as a hobbie

Sep 3, 2008
i myselfe am a fan of the halo siries, but that was one of the best reviews ive heard, it was really out of my ability to stop laughing, even when everyone in the cofee shop did start looking at me like a freak in a circuse. but i have to disagree about people not giving a shit about the multiplayer, in fact, they give 50 dollars for it.the halo campaign mode has been degrading since the first one, but the multiplayer is what keeps the game going.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
I find it a little troubling that he doesn't even mention the FORGE or Theater parts of the game; I mean, sure it doesn't redeem the short campaign but at least say that you have the opportunity to make a map for you and your friends (assuming you have friends) to play together on when you eventually tire of the maps provided and all of the new ones that come out about every 6months. Or to prove you did something once and for all with a screen shot from the theater section. Just a mention would have been nice.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
bibblles post=6.49217.696044 said:
I find it a little troubling that he doesn't even mention the FORGE or Theater parts of the game; I mean, sure it doesn't redeem the short campaign but at least say that you have the opportunity to make a map for you and your friends (assuming you have friends) to play together on when you eventually tire of the maps provided and all of the new ones that come out about every 6months. Or to prove you did something once and for all with a screen shot from the theater section. Just a mention would have been nice.
This thread should be long necroed. But since we're talking. . .

Agreed, they're really big deals. I think Yahtzee didn't have much time to put this review together (considering the general shortness and incompleteness), but still. And the multiplayer is something he should've at the very least tried.

I mean, who wouldn't like a game where stuff like http://www.gamevee.com/user/EldritchWarlord/videos that happens and the game keeps a record of it? Those are mine by the way.

And bodiddly makes all Halo fans look bad, good thing he's banned.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
This was the very first Zero Punctuation video I ever saw, and it's still special to me. I initially like it because it bashed Halo 3, which I thought it deserved at the time. But afterward, I began watching Yahtzee's other videos, and they've helped me to be a more open-minded person.