Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

Freedon Nad

Feb 5, 2009
Rly, that mission Yahtzee complained about? Freaking hell it's lame. I watched my friend playing. So here how it goes AND MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS:

so three Flood's bases are blocking off three groups of troops that have Spartans and maybe some heavy armour attached. So you build the base, clear the flood (possibly loosing more troops than rescuing) and then lead the whole bunch of tits back. So my roomate leads the last group back. Ant then there is one Spartan that's not at the LZ, but a stone throw away (stuck behing his base's turret). MISSION FAILED, F-YOU. Smooth, real smooth

gunluva

Mar 23, 2009
Eh, the review was kinda bland. The ending where he talks about the mission was really the only interesting portion, imo.

Zak Frost

May 29, 2008
I'm not going to throw RTSs at you -coughStarCraftcough-, but I will say that you can't judge a genre on 1 game, good or bad.
Especially not a Halo game.
I'm not a huge fan of RTSs(only playing the 'Crafts), but I'm willing to bet a lot that Halo Wars is not the best ever.

Also, "cunting" was great.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
finalfantasyrules77 said:
extremly funning yet again llol
but it made me confused with the first bit who was that dude llol
One of the guys from Unskippable. Go to the Unskippable video gallery and watch this week's episode. All will be revealed.

msobetzko

Nov 30, 2008
Inuprince said:
Wooow - didn't like the start honestly - and I also hate RTS-s soo I thought this review was going to be bad - but that rant at the end - it was awesome - and the imp part after the "credits" - I have to say : brilliant work as always!
Enjoyed it. I love the rants, one of the reasons to tune in.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
For me, one of the best in recent memory, I haven't laughed that hard for ages

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
I like the halo wars review it covered the same problem with the contolls I had, also the same hate of abitrary timed missions

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
WolfMage said:
Very well done, and I think that Unskippable and Zero Punctuation should have more guest episodes, but only from each others show, as all the others are pretty snooze worthy.
Also, should make an entire episode where Yahtzee does Unskippable alone, and Graham and Paul should do their own ZP episode without Yahtzee.
Yeah, it'd be awesome.
Yahtzee has done some "Unskippables" of his own in his older reviews. He did one for PainKiller, Silent Hill 3, and one or two others I think..

Balgus

Jul 15, 2008
was a nice change, Grahm really stood out and did well, i mean apart from the sound track...

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
hold on, IS there actually any other tactics than steamrolling in Halo Wars? 'cause that's all I've been doing :p

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
Pedigree Chum~ Oh how delicious! Thought it was a decent review, both of 'em. They put a smile on my face. But then again, it's not that hard to get me to smile either...

BloodyOne

Mar 23, 2009
Jim-a-Lim said:
Very, very good guys it's a shame that we may only see one of these cross overs as both halves were fantastic. You can tell alot of effort must have gone in.
EDIT: wow you can tell the people who only come on escapist for zp reading these comments lol :p
Should I take offense at that statement?
Enlong said:
Out4Blood4 said:
I have been waiting for this since yesterday, checking every 15 minutes since daybreak. WOO HOO.
You do know that it always launches at noon, right?
Eeeeh....

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
It was funny and all, but having the Unskippable guy start the review... meh. I dunno, it wasn't bad, but the joke was in the first few seconds and then it just went on (though the renting a high rise to chuck the controller out of something higher was pretty good).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find Unskippable all that entertaining. I grew up with MST3K and it just seems like it's been done before and much better. But, can't begrudge guys for making a living doing stuff like that. I'd do it too, were the option available. Sadly, I'd just sound like yahtzee only younger and without the accent that sells it.

FC Groningen

Apr 1, 2009
Funny as always and the first 2 minutes were a real surprise. I do wonder why Yathzee didn't know from the start that RTS games don't work on consoles in the first place. If you want to play a RTS, do it on a computer with a mouse.

If you want to dodge the tank rush gameplay, try Empire Total War.

Dyskresiac

Nov 30, 2007
I'm surprised Yahtzee thought that people would be upset by his "Consoles suck for RTS games" because by no means would he have been the first (or by any means the last) to say it. Even Blizzard admits this! Anyone remember Starcraft 64? It just doesn't fit. Unless, that is, you use a mouse and keyboard USB on your 360 at which point.... why are you not playing it on your PC? I had Halo Wars in my hand at one point, but then I thought "Wait... it's on console. Nevermind." Glad I did.

Really, the Unskippable guy made me skip the majority of his review. Ironic, isn't it? He was trying too hard to be Yahtzee, and it showed. I think if he used his own style, it would've been less annoying.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
The beginning Unskippable review was pretty funny although I kind of expected it after watching Unskippable with Yahtzee as a cameo.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
lmfao hey kids just be happy that yahtzee only reviews games ,could you imagine him at the g20 summit or worse yahtzee solving the economic crisis ? me neither, but a great review