Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

ViviFFIX

Dec 10, 2008
I liked the first review ... It was good to see someone elses take on zero punctuation.

Again a good review however like most recent reviews it lacks the je ne sais quoi that the originals had.

Good review and had some good points in it (like the fact RTS's can't really be put onto a console).

Not played the game and never really intended to ... I prefer to stick to what I know when it comes to RTS games and a game has to show real promise for me to break out of my happy little cuccoon and try something new. Halo Wars showed no promise to me as it is a knock off of a current game and just seemed like an attempt to get some more money out of a dead horse ... Wait ... That doesn't make sense .... Anyway where was my rant going ... Ah yes .... Stay away from drugs!

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Graham, you did pretty good for your first time.
Yahtzee, LMAO! especially the last part of the review when you blew your temper over the time limit. I'm going to watch it again!

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Would just like to point out that you CAN indeed select all your flying pricks.

And you move the camera fast by holding the LT button, and you can jump to hot spots on the map with the D-pad (like your base), removing the "not being able to jump to spesific parts on the map" problem.

Other than that, his complaints and opinions were spot on. But probably not the funniest of him lately :)

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
so why the unskippable crossover? was it a bet or to settle an arguement between you guys? either way, both vidoes were amusing in extreme. i feel this is one of the better vids you've done in recent memory, and i did quite like halo wars for what it was. there was never a chance that it could be a truly good rts, because it's not keyboard/mouse controlled, and the content had to be hugely dumbed down to make it work on a console, still it wasn't too bad

Enosh_

Aug 27, 2008
o.k. the video was funny as hell and I loved but, but out of all the rts games he takes a console one althrough he god damn well knows that the controllers don't realy work -.-

hoov

Jan 21, 2009
It's weird hearing americans trying to imitate yahtzee, it just doesn't sound right especially when saying words like "cunting" which is just such a yahtzee type word to say.

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
lol it was not what i have been expecting since Unskip- Star Ocean....
but not that bad either.I liked it..

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
Both (or is that all three?) reviews were hilarious, but your Halo Wars review leaves me with the feeling that you weren't paying attention at some points.

Incidentally, you can usually select all units of a certain type (Hornets, Scorpions, Marines) by double clicking on one of the units, which selects all on-screen units of that type. This could potentially be used to gather all flying units in one place and then use the on-screen select button to gather all of them. But yes, it does essentially boil down to just rushing the enemy base, which has the potential for resulting in several large, very pretty explosions and much glee (at least in my experience).

Also, when the time limit you spoke of ends, the main ship of the game, the Spirit of Fire, is sucked into the shield world you're currently on and will, yes, lose contact with your ground forces.

tl;dr I R HALOTARD DURR HURR HURR.

EDIT: But what I'm really trying to say was that I love Unskippable, and the crossovers were my favorite episodes in both series thus far.
EDIT2: Also, the RTS controls work in Halo Wars, you all just suck at it LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL j/k no hard feelings.
EDIT3: I was lying about kidding, you all probably did suck at Halo Wars.

KwarK_uK

Mar 27, 2009
I agree with the comments about RTS simply being incompatable with console controls but think you entirely missed the point of the genre. Yes the campaigns are boring and generally solved by attack moving across the map. It's the PvP that makes it interesting as when playing another human with the same options as you strategy gets a little more complex than just swarming tanks. Of course most RTSs lack any kind of racial balance, bugs generally go unpatched and hard counters turn it into a glorified version of rock paper scissors but there are a few gems out there. I'd recommend playing Starcraft but the difficulty curve online is a cliff and anyone without any real passion for RTS should just give up and play Halo.

NC3

Jan 12, 2009
Graaaaham! Aw, I wanted him to finish.

The last bit on halo wars was pretty damn hilarious though. Battle Royale collars and pandas. Yes.

Rouzeki

Feb 11, 2009
This is probably the best time to step out of the lurkin' shadow. reviews in one, and All 3 were good. Might have to go look at X-blades so I can laugh harder then I did with Halo Wars.

The minute I heard about that game and every day after until I saw guides in the stores made me laugh. Bias alert because I was foolin' around with the Warcraft and Starcraft games since before I could think, but you NEED a mouse and keyboard to pull the tried and true method off. they just don't go together otherwise... now I just need several dozen Halo fans opinions on this before i get out my last chuckle.

the Imp's pedigree chow review was awesome. more imp reviews!

Mask of 1000 Faces

Feb 28, 2009
I've been looking forward to this since I saw monday's unskippable. Guest starring was a great idea for both shows, it added that great sense of diversity that so much in the world seems to lack.

And crazy bonus points for a Battle Royale reference... that made my day.

And the dog thing at the end was hilarious. I never know what to expect from you Yahtzee!

Cheers!

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I enjoyed the guy from unskippable doing a little review at the beggining it was a nice suprise and change, they should do guest reviews more often :). I will admit i'm with Yahtzee on this one, I could never get my head around RTS games. Ive tryed to get into them and be strategic, a freind at college recommended C&C: Tiberium wars to me for the 360, I found it fun for a while but all really ended up doing in the game was spawning 10 shitloads of tanks (dreadnuaghts I think, the powerfull ones) then marching them from one side of the map to the other destroying every think in there path without even a struggle. It was fun watching the enemy crumble under my legion of tanks but I had this niggling feeling that I'm really cheating and I should do it another way that as more depth and stratergy.

_Russell_

Jan 5, 2009
Signa said:
Are the imps at the end doing a Yahtzee review on pedigree chow?
Looks like it.

Great Review as always, I loved the Chinese zookeeper joke at the end.