Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Nice vid as always, shame you didn't get into the RTS genre, because once you do...you're forced to wait for starcraft 2 to be released...wich sucks...because they will never release it..ever...

Edit: Oh my god! He didn't mention April first!

AfricanSwallow

Jan 17, 2009
Ugh. Unskippable is clearly a virus that is spreading and infecting anything that is entertaining on The Escapist.

I didn't like it when I had to watch 5 seconds of Unskippable ads before ZP, let alone sit through that garbage.

Yes Escapist, we know you want more ad revenue and are trying to increase the popularity of another web comic on this site.
Please at least choose a half decent one.
Don't punish us like that.
We've done nothing to you.

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
Kudos for the guest appearance. It's hard to keep up with Yathzee and he really tried to get a similar style. A bit mean though that Yathzee really had been on a killing spree. That put the measure damn high this time. Nevertheless thumbs up for the guest, nice job.

And Yathzee gets a plus point for plugging a dragon... but I prefer dragons on the winning side ;) . Long time since I had such a good laugh. Fanboys are always a nice way to put fun into peoples face as they are so retarded. And Halo is retarded.

So long for this week. Good to see a website doesn't do this 1.April crap. Thumbs-Up.

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
I dunno...Ive seen a few 'Yahtzee-like' reviews on youtube and they never quite seem to work. Its good to mix things up and as Yahtzee said during his Mirror's Edge review, experimentation is heartening, even if it doesnt work.

BTW, Unskippable needs multiple writers...it really looks as though he fills in commentary during the cutscenes because he's contractually obligated to...its like watching a RiffTrax when its just Mike rather than a team of people chiming in.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Hmm... He uses the same RTS strategy as me.
Infinite unit cap + relatively cheap tanks + multiple industry facilities = steamroll city!

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
This was one of his better reviews and I like the "guest" review thing a lot. It probably won't happen again but whatever.

Jim-a-Lim

Jan 10, 2009
haha no don't take offense by it lol, just interesting seeing peoples responses, and working out which ones are which ^^

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Cptn_Squishy said:
I dunno...Ive seen a few 'Yahtzee-like' reviews on youtube and they never quite seem to work. Its good to mix things up and as Yahtzee said during his Mirror's Edge review, experimentation is heartening, even if it doesnt work.

BTW, Unskippable needs multiple writers...it really looks as though he fills in commentary during the cutscenes because he's contractually obligated to...its like watching a RiffTrax when its just Mike rather than a team of people chiming in.
Two guys are doing Unskippable not just one.

Jim-a-Lim

Jan 10, 2009
Out4Blood4 said:
Jim-a-Lim said:
Very, very good guys it's a shame that we may only see one of these cross overs as both halves were fantastic. You can tell alot of effort must have gone in.
EDIT: wow you can tell the people who only come on escapist for zp reading these comments lol :p
Should I take offense at that statement?
Enlong said:
Out4Blood4 said:
I have been waiting for this since yesterday, checking every 15 minutes since daybreak. WOO HOO.
You do know that it always launches at noon, right?
Eeeeh....
haha no don't take offense by it lol, just interesting seeing peoples responses, and working out which ones are which ^^

(sorry for the double post, missed the quote button :p)

ClockworkAngel

Nov 9, 2008
I was hoping that after Monday's crossover that Unskippable would make a showing in today's ZP. And yes .. arbitrary gameplay like that just pisses me off nowadays. It doesn't bother me as much when the game doesn't ask me to assume the game world is real, but if we're to suppose the war between is actually happening, then it doesn't make any sense. Anyway, hilarious stuff as always.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
"The Unskippable guy" as you all love calling him did fine, but his lack of accent is what made it not seem right is all. My favorite part was the rant on the timed mission.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Hmm... He uses the same RTS strategy as me.
Infinite unit cap + relatively cheap tanks + multiple industry facilities = steamroll city!
I thought only I treat Zerging as the only plausible way of winning. High five!

...God damn Advance Wars, you can't use that there...

Also, while we are at it - Graham Stark? I would LOVE to have a surname like that.

Mar 31, 2009
That last joke at the end killed me, and the opening was perfect considering the day it is. he was really genuinely hatefilled by the end of the review, and that was great. I also liked the Battle Royale reference, it was perfect and a reason I don't play RTSG's.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
I wished he'd have let the whatshisname finish the review. I was enjoying it... somewhat.

Taojin

Feb 25, 2009
This made me laugh out loud, something I haven't done with the ZP videos since a couple of weeks. This was hilarious, also I liked the Unskippable appearance, another show I really like on here! Keep it up Yahtzee :)