Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

Eternal Vigil

Apr 1, 2009
Well as a person who has followed this game for over 2 years, I think I should fly in and counter some of Yahtzee's points.

First off, and I'm a Halo Fanboy. I'm not going to deny it, and feel free to laugh at my views on the game and the fact I must be retarded and incapable of higher thought because I play it.

First off the bat, the story, and I have to agree with him on this. I think the story was cliched and no different from the last game, though I think Anders a wee bit older than he makes out.

Now his strategy of just spamming tanks only works for so long, as you increase the difficulty and reach the endgame, vast numbers of tanks just won't cut it. I know he wouldn't go online on it, but he'd that he strategy would fall apart misberably as everybody else spams air and infrantry, or you get attacked by Covenant leaders who can take on entire armies by themselves.

There are transition issues, espically with a mass of ground vehicles, but if he really wanted to move his bigger units to the front their is a pretty cheap transport power that would of got the job done, even if the issues are questionable to begin with.

As for selecting units, as others have said, if you wanted to select all flying pricks you double tap A on them, and all of them would be selected.

Now for level 10. Shield world. I never had this problem with that mission myself, here is my explanation for that.

1. The enemy in that level regnerates over time, so they could of easily been enemy units on the map.

2. The whole point of that mission was to recover troops and return to your ship before it got sucked into a massive portal and they be trapped on the surface of the planet and chewed on by the alien hordes, hence the time limit. The 'We've lost contact' was about the ship, not your units.

FC Groningen

Apr 1, 2009
Kiutu said:
"The Unskippable guy" as you all love calling him did fine, but his lack of accent is what made it not seem right is all. My favorite part was the rant on the timed mission.
Obviously timed missions in such settings are good for quite some annoyance, but a little bit of tweaking would fix this minor problem and aren't necessarily part of the RTS genre. A second victory condition by routing the enemy would fix it in this case, unless Yathzee actually messed up and left some of the enemy alive.

timb133

Feb 18, 2009
Ronwue said:
I wished he'd have let the whatshisname finish the review. I was enjoying it... somewhat.
Maybe that's what they'l do, take the spinoff from a working franchise route, like itchy and scratchy in the Simpsons. Can't wait for the spinoff movie. Ben Affleck to play Yahtzee.

randomspirits

Apr 1, 2009
Since everyone is flinging RTS names around like feces, and we all know Halo Wars is feces, I will name my favorite RTS: Myth I and II. Great video; right on the money.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
The ZP Imps tryed to review! LAMO!

BTW I think Halo Wars is awesome, I'm so glad I brought it over Resident Evil 5.

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
Eternal Vigil said:
1. The enemy in that level regnerates over time, so they could of easily been enemy units on the map.
I was under the impression he was at the point where the 3rd Pelican had been shot down and was leading the marines back to the base for extraction.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Why review DOW2 instead of halo wars? They're practically the same game. DOW2 is 1 step removed from a console RTS.

Also, don't listen to the Yahtzee fanboys Grahm, I thought you did a great job.

Snoopster

Dec 17, 2008
did anyone else detect a hint that yahtzee is getting a little full of himself now, something to do with his voice and choice of words but I can't quite put my finger on it

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
sethzard said:
he should review DOW 2 instead

also Graham and Paul were bad
I actually agree, he should review Dawn of War 2 instead. It's much more exciting and entertaining than that load of BS that is Halo Wars. To quote Mr. T, "I pity the fool...that tries an RTS on console." Consoles are no place for an RTS game, period.

Enosh_

Aug 27, 2008
Crash486 said:
Why review DOW2 instead of halo wars? They're practically the same game.
not realy no

if there is anything he should review it's Company of Heroes^^

Sayvara

Oct 11, 2007
Oh good lord, the ending about the zoo keeper and pandas still has me in tummy cramps, laughing like I'm on nitrous oxide. I can hardly type. :D

/S

Taranoleion

Dec 26, 2008
Taojin said:
This made me laugh out loud, something I haven't done with the ZP videos since a couple of weeks. This was hilarious, also I liked the Unskippable appearance, another show I really like on here! Keep it up Yahtzee :)
I have to agree with everything said above.
This video was the most hilarious one in the past month or so. Great jokes and the bit of innovation, with the generic baddies reviewing dog food at the end, and Graham at the beginning, added to the greatness of the video.
Graham was great, had awesome jokes and, well, he tried. And succeeded, imo that was the best ZP copy on the interwebz.(Especially considering he doesn't do this sort of thing, so cut him some slack, will you? :p)
I enjoyed both this weeks Unskippable and Zero Punctuation. Keep up the good work guys. :)

Brantyr

Apr 1, 2009
I always enjoy unskippable and the guest parts this week were good. Neither fit well into the other's segment - Yahtzee didn't fit in with the great synergy Graham and Paul have on their own and Graham (I think?) had the content for a decent ZP style review but the voice didn't work, he should have stuck with the intonation he had right at the start, there was too much emphasis and 'boomy' aspect to the sound which made it hard to concentrate on the words.

Gremlins also attempting to do their own ZP review at the end (nice subtle payout in that there yahtzee!) were hilarious, only thing which made me laugh out of yahtzees review this week (bit of a generic rant with not much humour this time :( ).

Made me realise there is a lot of similar attraction between RPG and RTS which I hadn't thought about before, Yahtzee should really take a look at something like DOWII which heavily favours on-the-battlefield strategy over building up strategy (though surely he's pulling our leg about never having played a well known (good) rts before... right??).

Rossinio

Oct 23, 2008
I liked ther review. I also love the little "Gremlin" version of Zero Punctuation at the end. With the 'review' of Pedigree Chum. I laughed so much at that bit despite knowing its a lot of people with high pitched voices going "Rarrrgh Ruurgh ruurrrgh"...

Anyways, quality review mate. Keep 'em coming.

PandarenBa

Mar 27, 2009
Ahahahahahahaa~

Love those small black monsters at the end. Have to make a plushie someday.

Good video. My friend told me that it's "freakin' awesome, dood! i've been playing it fo' six hours now an' ya gotta get it, beetch!", but I really didn't get excited at the idea, since consoles + RTS = strawberry jelly on a sausage.

"Can't take this anymore!" "Oooh crap."