Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
Just put a little notch on the slider at the bottom of the screen that tells me how far ahead i need to click to skip other boring shit that isn't Yahtzee.

Delaxo

Apr 1, 2009
Well, first I have to say that I love ZP and Unskippable. Yathzee was really damn good in the newest unskippable but Graham doesnt really fit in ZP. I almost love him in Unskippable but Yathzee owns ZP XD

kavinsky

Feb 11, 2009
I think that if Graham had gotten a better mic and done star ocean istead of x blades it would have been better. But im glad to see that Yahtzee and the unskipable guys are getting out of there comfort zones and trying new things that thye hate, yahtzee should do either driv3r (he hasn't done a drivng game in awhile) or barbie horse adventures next and paul should do zp next week.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Hei I lkei stracfratf! u shuld reviu it lol!

Seriously, isn't Halo Wars basically My First RTS?

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Enosh_ said:
Crash486 said:
Why review DOW2 instead of halo wars? They're practically the same game.
not realy no

if there is anything he should review it's Company of Heroes^^
DOW2 was a ridiculously oversimplified RTS which was a real letdown to anyone who was a fan of the original Dawn of War and it's various expansions. All the reviewers claim this simplification of RTS gameplay showed true innovation, but all I see is yet another game genre falling to the plague of casualgame-itis.

Feb 18, 2009
OK, now this collaboration thingy has (un)officially become...WIN! Yahtzee was as hilariously angry as always and Graham managed to pull off a good joke on him. Very nice indeed.

NOOBSAUCE

Feb 5, 2009
Loved the part about why yahtzee doesn't play rts, plus the guest appearance was hilarious

Joreal

May 7, 2008
Nice. Good to see collaboration between friends, especially when it results in hilarity like that. Graham was awesome. Glad to see it wasn't straight Graham, or rather just him, because nobody can really rage like Yahtzee. I needs me my cup of Croshaw Rage on Wednesdays.

Also, isn't it time that either A) Yahtzee put up the forum topic for each week's ZP ~5-10 minutes after the episode goes live, or B) puts the thread up and then lock the sucker for ~5-10 minutes? I think that'd put an end to most "ZOOMJ FERST DERP" posts, or if not at least make them look even stupider. Granted, they'd be refreshing like crazy and all that... but then you could put a buffer that locks them out of the forums for 30 minutes due to 3-5 refreshes within the last 30-45 seconds.

At least I'm thinking. :|

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
BUG.exe said:
unskippable guy wasn't TOO bad, it just sounded like he was trying to be like yahtzee. halo wars part was pretty good. i don't blame his for hating strategy games. the only one i ever liked was fire emblem.
??? Fire emblem is not an RTS (Real Time), it's a Turn based strategy game. Not saying its bad, its just not an RTS.

Aqua Trenoble

Mar 25, 2009
It's nice to see the people at the escapist trying to mix things up a little, as much as it seems Yahtzee would prefer not to. This experimental stuff is pretty good though, and it appears that Yahtzee is finally developing emphasis and emotion.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
This is the funniest Zero Punctuation yet! Don't give up Graham and Imps, all you need to do is, well, come back to life.

Logicality

Feb 8, 2008
I totally agree with Yahtzee on those timed missions. I understand that games need to be challenging, but some of those challenges make little to no sense at all.

The first portion was kinda funny. I loved the collaboration on Unskippable.

MagusUnion

Apr 1, 2009
The fact that he wouldn't even restart that mission is kinda horrible on his end. HAD he just replayed the damn level, then he would have found out that the ship he was commanding on was FUCKING 3 MILES IN A PLANET at that point. Yeah, you CAN lose contact to a command group eyebrows away when you HAVE NO BASE SHIP TO CONTACT ANYMORE!....

But on that note, Halo Wars is slightly broken. Tanks are overpowered, Infantry is slighty useless unless you are playing that ONE leader who can spam a bunch of those fuckers on the ground. And as far as X Box Live goes, it really just becomes a race for all the human factions to grab their "special unit" first and spam creating them as quickly as possible using "all-peeps-target-kill" button...

BTW Yahtzee, you could select all units of a particular type using the right trigger. So yes, you can send your stupid flying fucks into battle individually. But then again, there's really no point to in most cases...

It's a review that might have made more sense if he had finished the rest of the game, and maybe I'm a bit dissapointed in that. I completed the mission with more than enough time to bone the girl next door, but then again RTS's aren't that unfamiliar to me, probably less so than the female anatomy....

But in conclution to the rant. YES: Halo Wars does suck on the level of dim witted unbalanced unit shit that it has. YES: It's okay to hate it (and yet like it if you are dumb enough to buy the LCE version of it *coughcough*). No: Just because you failed one damn mission for a stupid reason doesn't mean the whole game sucks overall (see: Homeworld 1 and/or 2). and No: Just because you had one bad encounter with an RTS doesn't mean they all reflect the same about of stupidity as a whole....

Only those on a console do, and that may be why only stupid fan boy fucks play the damn game...

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Mischiviktus said:
Did anyone besides me here ACTUALLY watch it, or just LOLRUN here to attempt a ZOMG I R FURST, I M SHPESHAL!!!...?
I watched 3 times, and showed my friends, where it starts with the tanks steamrolling, bull f***ing s*** funny funny funny

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
quickpaw said:
Wow the guy reviewing X-blades has such an annoying voice. Although I did love Yahtzee's bashing of halo fanboys.
you seem to have not noticed all the youtube zero punctuation copycats who all have massively annoying voices.

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
haven't laughed this hard at a zero punctuation ever! the start was awesome, yahtzee was awesome, the imps were awesome, it was just awesome

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
o_O... *facepalm* as i wrote at the Unskippable, the glorifycation is making me sick... Enough of that.
This was a nice ZP. The Z-Blades part was nice but as always the original ZP part was better. Awesome ZP for April 1.