Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

vennom

Apr 6, 2009
Yahtzee was obviously hysterical but thats no surprise honestly. I was surprised with Grahams review. I have seen many insults and critiques towards him on this board but really, did any of you actually listen to what he said? Do you have your heads so far up Yhatzees ass that you cant see a funny analogy when it doesnt come with a British accent said in Australian vernacular. And why would any of you be under the impression its going to happen every week. eh i dont want to rant its to early in the morning and im naturally pissed off because it is, then again it could be becasue I really believe that pregnancy is the #1 most common STD and internet boards are blatant proof of that. I just want to give credit where credit is due and i think that most of the detritus (or as my mom calls them "human beings") that frequent this board have been so spoiled on yahtzees humor that they can't appreciate anything else. Not that I dont get that, i mean i do, yahtzee has perhaps made me laugh more than any one human being ever and i mean that, but i guess my point is if you gave yahtzee Grahams script everyone would be lauding it as another amazing installment instead of the criticizing just because its him. Like i said credit where credit is due. Anyway i shall STFU now, As no one cares what the hell I think anyway.

Evertw

Apr 3, 2009
"What are you guys doing in the toilet?"

"Its where we record."

"Oh well, budge over."

Very comical.

seandingley

Jan 22, 2009
Lol! The guy from Unskippable really didn't know how to do that :p.

Btw, what's up with all the guys getting banned/suspended?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
vennom said:
Yahtzee was obviously hysterical but thats no surprise honestly. I was surprised with Grahams review. I have seen many insults and critiques towards him on this board but really, did any of you actually listen to what he said? Do you have your heads so far up Yhatzees ass that you cant see a funny analogy when it doesnt come with a British accent said in Australian vernacular. And why would any of you be under the impression its going to happen every week. eh i dont want to rant its to early in the morning and im naturally pissed off because it is, then again it could be becasue I really believe that pregnancy is the #1 most common STD and internet boards are blatant proof of that. I just want to give credit where credit is due and i think that most of the detritus (or as my mom calls them "human beings") that frequent this board have been so spoiled on yahtzees humor that they can't appreciate anything else. Not that I dont get that, i mean i do, yahtzee has perhaps made me laugh more than any one human being ever and i mean that, but i guess my point is if you gave yahtzee Grahams script everyone would be lauding it as another amazing installment instead of the criticizing just because its him. Like i said credit where credit is due. Anyway i shall STFU now, As no one cares what the hell I think anyway.
QFT

CarbonEagle

Apr 19, 2008
Well, the intro left me somewhat confused. At first i thought yahtzee had taken a vacation and was very sad.
Also i agree that in most rts the infantry are useless as soon as tanks are avalable, the only exception (that i know of) is Company of Heroes where infantry are an absolute requirement at all times.
And everybody has known that rts doesnt work on consoles since the days the first command and conquer was put on a console. There are some good turn based ones though like advanced wars.

hannahdonno

Apr 5, 2009
CarbonEagle said:
Well, the intro left me somewhat confused. At first i thought yahtzee had taken a vacation and was very sad.
Also i agree that in most rts the infantry are useless as soon as tanks are avalable, the only exception (that i know of) is Company of Heroes where infantry are an absolute requirement at all times.
And everybody has known that rts doesnt work on consoles since the days the first command and conquer was put on a console. There are some good turn based ones though like advanced wars.
Same for me. I have never watched Unskippable before and just thought some American fag had kidnapped Yahtzee and took over ZP, hoping his trying to be witty banter would disguis his crime and we would be none the wiser.

crouchingtigress01

Mar 14, 2009
Although I don't completely understand the joke with the imps, I thought the entire video was well done and held the classic ZP nature. However, I do have to say that it would have been nice if Graham or Paul spoke a little faster during their review so that he could get more jokes in, but you could tell he was trying his best and so for a first timer I was impressed ^__^

Hindesite

Apr 7, 2009
With how many pages these comments go to I'm sure someone else has mentioned it too, but I felt compelled to point out that he was wrong when he was talking about difficulties selecting units.

He mentioned how you can select one unit, a small group of units, all units on screen, or all units on the map, but then gave an example how if you wanted to get a bunch of specific air born units and move them exclusively it isn't really possible. Well, infact it is possible:

Select all units then press Right Trigger to cycle through your units to the specific air born ones you want to move, then issue the move command. Though you still have all units selected, only the specific one you focused your selection down to will actually go where you say. You can then press B to cancel your more detailed selection and go back to the more general selection of units. It's really fast an easy to do.

But other then that, funny review. I definately had a timed level screw me over just like he mentioned, drove me nuts! xD

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I found the random x-blades review to be quite funny, sure hes not 'yahtzee funny' but I was laughing.
I love the rts genre but on consoles? lol what a wast of time and money. Its never going to work, developers should just stop trying.

Would be nice if yahtzee was a little more open minded about rts', they're not all the same as he seemed to imply. The genre now spans everything from excessive micromanagement with long ass investment(supreme commander for example) all the way up to no base building and super fast rpg style gameplay(dawn of war 2).

If he was judging the entirety of these games on the laughably horrible example that is halo wars no wonder he still thinks they're all shite. Halo Wars is bogged down on ancient game design as well as a franchise that frankly has less inspiring originality than a pile of dog turds.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
vennom said:
AAA... Wall of text hurts my eyes.

If you are going to come onto a forum and proceed to insult its entire population with an angry rant referring to them as 'detritus', first off try using paragraphs because then you might actually have more people read your post and give you the argument you seem to want to start.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I loved this one.
Admittedly the Unskippable duo havent got the same timing as Yahtzee, but they still gave me a few laughs.

Also, the Battle Royale reference had me pissing myself.
But I've noticed that I forget everything Yahtzee says about a game about 5 minutes after I watch it because Im too busy thinking about all the amazing phrases in it.

ChrisUS

Mar 31, 2009
Yahtzee, you always outdo yourself. Hilarious. More Unskippable crossovers, please. Great stuff.

Panda bit -- priceless.

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
The closest break through into the RTS-range of dynamic gaming face-bleeds was Disciples 2. The RPG elements mixed with a grander RTS-style world element helped me to like it a lot more. Other than that though, my friend keeps saying I should play Starcraft. A comment that, like most things, ends up getting being shoveled into my ear and getting strained out the other as I start to care less.

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
vennom said:
Factor out the wall of text/grammatical errors and I agree with this.

It's almost as though people are so driven to believe that only Benjamin can do what he does, and any attempts to show that someone else might be able to are pointless.

I really enjoyed Graham's segment, I thought it was a refreshing change to have a different take on gaming.

So, since you Yahtzee fanboys communicate primarily through Zero Punctutation quotes, references, and paraphrases, then this one could work...

"I never really understood the almost crusader-like fervor that consoles attract..."

Yahtzee is now getting that which he criticized in one of his own videos.