Zero Punctuation: Heavy Rain

sibrenfetter

Oct 26, 2009
Wauw, I have watched all the Zero Punctuation episodes multiple times by now, but this one is by far the best. He's not even completely hating it, yet at the same time gets to the core and destroys it. Fantastic!

WJeff

Aug 14, 2009
First game Yahtzee liked more than me.

I thought it was terrible in every aspect. glad I only rented it.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I actually quite liked it.
By the by, "Heavy Complain"?
That is a stretch.

Thought I loved it I can fully understand while others would not. The start is slow, but I think it needed to be. This is obviously a work of love,
based on the way he lost his own son [http://blogs.ign.com/SCE_HeavyRain]. This is his grieving process and I think quite an amazing one.

Of course, I loved Shenmue as well, so I also just enjoy a mood deepening leisurely pace.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I don't own a PS3 myself,but I will just give me my 2 cents.I played Fahrenheit and I enjoyed it even though 90% of the game was QTE.Heavy Rain on the other hand I have watched gameplay movies and I can say that I can agree with Yahtzee with his statements.

On the other hand,I would consider buying it if I'd own a PS3,just putting it out there :)

PS: Another funny review,good job!

Clueless Hero

Oct 5, 2009
Most of the review is pretty accurate, except for the end where he implies that he knew who the killer was going to be from the start.

I, on the other hand, was blown away when I found out who the real killer was, mostly because of the fact they drop a crapload of false clues in the story to make you think it's different people throughout the story.

Maybe Yahtzee is just psychic...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
delta46 said:
WAnk!
wank !
Wank!
Wank!

I'm glad that someone saw it was just a big quicktime event
Well, most of those I've seen talk about it says it is, and it really fucking IS!!! When they announced the movie I thought that would be the game except they removed the buttons you need to press.

I didn't want him to do a review of this game because I thought I knew what he'd say about it. I was wrong, he did surprise me and I love this review.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Wasn't gonna get it before, still not gonna get it now. I watched a friend play and I can honestly tell you it was the most boring game I have ever seen. Bad gameplay, bad pacing, bad characters, bad story.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Huh, early this week, I assume there's been a day-light saving change somewhere in the world that isn't here?
Kinda disappointed he even reviewed this to be honest, not his best. Still, Final Fantasy XIII and God Of War III soon, can't wait!
I wouldn't hold my breath for a FF XIII review from Yahtzee He's been quite clear on his thoughts of JRPGs. Finished God of War III today. It may be my new third favorite game ever. Super epic.

OT: This was the funniest review of his in months. Shampoo-drinkingly will have to be added to my lexicon of awesome Yahtzee-inspired adverbs.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
When i saw the review supplement for Heavy Rain I knew Yaz would rip it a new one, I was not disapointed.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Funny as always but im still getting this, mostly just to get a break from all the gods of war rip offs and power armored space marines! :p

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
hmm..

I already spoilered myself in the forum, seeing how I'm unlikely to play this game anytime soon but shouldn't that info about the killer be in a spoiler tag?

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I'm surprised Yathzee actually like the game
Interesting interpretation of, "as a game, it's a stack of poo poo pancakes."

That's pretty much what I derived from researching it, really. It's not so much a game as it is a cinematic experience. Then, it's not so much a cinematic experience as it is a movie with some elements of interactions being rendered on PS3 hardware.

On the other hard, it did make Yahtzee highly uncomfortable, so it served as an excellent game for a Zero Punctuation review.

demouse

Nov 23, 2009
pretty much exactly what i expected of his review and the game.

still, very entertaining review, if the game was on PC id consider buying it

werekitsune

Oct 18, 2009
Hm, I hear Heavy Rain is really good, so I'll probably buy it, but I didn't like this episode that much. Yahtzee's pacing and tone sound rushed and really off.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Oh wow, for a game he kinda liked, he really obliterated it! Very funny video!

Amata

Mar 18, 2009
Definately one of his funniest reviews, I hope he will do God of War III soon, and maybe even FFXIII. I know he's not too keen on JRPGs but he did do Valkyria Chronicles, so yeah...

Anyways I loved the bit, "Baron von Teapot's fucking ludicrous adventure". :p