Zero Punctuation: Hitman: Absolution

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well, I've actually become more interested in Hitman: Blood Money as a result of this, but not Hitman: Absolution.
HURRAH FOR LOGIC!

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
The in-game score tracker is easily my biggest gripe about the gameplay. I literally would reset every time I was spotted or failed to be absolutely perfect because of the severe point loss for certain actions (like getting spotted or murdering civilians. The scoring system itself was fine, but having that bar in the upper hand corner just changed my motivations and techniques along a strict linear path.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Yahtzee, you know, that when even voices in your head tries to persuade you to attend the therapy, they are right!
And if furniture claims that you are insane it is also tight.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I hoped you wouldn't be too harsh on Absolution.It's a good game and it tries its best to combine classic Hitman gameplay with the gameplay of more conventional stealth-games to create a more varied and more storydriven experience.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Agent 47 actually has a band aid over his bar code because he attempts to cut it off, as shown in a cutscene.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Normally the action bit would deter me, but with both this and Dishonored on my Christmas list, I figure I'll have at least the best of both worlds: the somewhat more serious yet visually stylish stealth game and the somewhat cartoony yet realistic looking stealth action.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I wouldn't consider Hitman 2 the worst as quickly conveyed in this review. I have yet to play this one as I'm less enthused the more I hear and I love the series, even Contracts, which I'd consider the "worst" - emphasis on quotations.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Mattteus said:
fish bone in the cock hole? *insert Wunderboner reference here*
My wife would like that.

OT: Why does everything stupid claim to be Grindhouse?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Stabby Joe said:
I wouldn't consider Hitman 2 the worst as quickly conveyed in this review. I have yet to play this one as I'm less enthused the more I hear and I love the series, even Contracts, which I'd consider the "worst" - emphasis on quotations.
Can you say Contracts was the worst game, when every installment significantly improved upon its predecessor? Contracts sin wasn't that it was -bad- (it was still downright excellent), it was that it didn't revolutionise every single aspect of the game as much as Silent Assassin did - it merely improved it by leaps and bounds.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I'm glad you hold Blood Money as the best and Silent Assassin as the worst. The Hitman series is my favorite and I never got why everyone loved the second game so much.

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
I'm so happy that the Ocelot God appears regularly in the videos, and wasn't just a one-time joke.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Hm I found that quite fair and every gripe he had with the game I myself also have.
Though I am tending to enjoy that it is story driven (just the once thank you)
And might I also add that for the most part I am enjoying the game
despite its save system and disguises almost being useless.
And in the end I agree. No the best *waves at blood money* Not the worst *nods to the first game*
It's just good and I'm alright with that so long as nobody takes Hitman the way Ubisoft took Sam Fisher after Conviction o_O!!
Okay back to laughing at from this review.