Zero Punctuation: Hitman: Absolution

harryjre

Nov 27, 2008
When he talked about running through the level "smacking your bum" to find where everything is, I was thinking it might help to have an option to do reconnaissance "the day before" or something, then have Hitman show the player points of interest e.g. "That pipe drops pianos every now and again, might be useful". I should probably write the game company rather than posting to this forum, but what the hell, I'm lazy.

My very very limited Hitman experience was also soured by the fact that I was dropped into a level with no idea where anything was or what to do. Maybe I'll go back and run around the levels a bit before seriousing the f up.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
And the hilarious thing about score bar is that the perks it unlocks are once you would only need if played in a way that would get you -100 000 score i.e. shooting everything that moves.

Whoever the hell thought this game mechanic up needs to be examined.

And my feelings on 47's moral awakening are on the line with Yahtzee's. Guy has the kill record of plague and he just suddenly grows a heart out of nowhere because a little girl is involved? Bleh.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
SnowBurst said:
its square enix... your going to be disappointed a lot more than impressed by those guys
Deus Ex HR and Just Cause 2 beg to differ!

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
deus ex was a dissapointment and not played just cause 2 cuz i hated num 1. typical procedure is square enix take over company, company pumps out shit square enix likes, consumers get shafted but still by it

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Grand Pianos are a start, but in order to truly cleanse the world of The Fur, you need to use fire.
Beautiful, dancing, cleansing fire.

Quorothorn

Apr 9, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
I'd like also to criticize people who decide if they're going or not to buy a game based on Yhatzee critics, he's a comedian/critic, not a reviewer.
...and why, exactly, shouldn't I listen to the opinion of a critic when deciding whether or not to get something they are paid to critique?

Astro

Feb 15, 2012
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Racecarlock said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
I hoped you wouldn't be too harsh on Absolution.It's a good game and it tries its best to combine classic Hitman gameplay with the gameplay of more conventional stealth-games to create a more varied and more storydriven experience.
If gameplay matters so little in comparison to story, why not have all games just be virtual books that you turn pages on?
Oh, actually i think, gameplay is more important than the plot. It's what distinguishes games as a medium.
So what? Is the most important aspect of film the special effects because it's what distinguishes film from books? Or should film-makers strive to create a satisfying and well-rounded story using the tools available to the medium in order to improve an experience?

AlwaysPractical

Oct 7, 2011
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Well, I've actually become more interested in Hitman: Blood Money as a result of this, but not Hitman: Absolution.
HURRAH FOR LOGIC!
I stared at your avatar for far too long.

OT: fully agree. a game with the right idea but bad/mediocre execution