Zero Punctuation: Hunted: The Demon's Forge

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Just as well I avoided this game... reviews, playing and slapping my friend's hands whenever he started it up. I told him he would rage/make snarky comments/not finish it, and true to all accounts... he's playing LA Noire... again.

Still, loved the Dr Strangelove reference... no-one?

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
The DNF review is obviously gonna take at least 14 years to make.Also damn you Yahtzee for tricking me on the last DNF review that it was actually real...

I'd like to say that Hunted was a pleasant diversion and a decent dungeon crawler.Still it wasn't a particularly good game or something defense worthy so I larfed at Yahtzee's review :p.

And to derail a little seeing as I'll never get the desired attention to "my personal problems" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/538.291392-Issues-with-Escapist-Videos] thread.I have a massive problem with Escapist videos and actually this one resulted in a bluescreen but I couldn't resist watching it.The details are in the thread and I'm practically begging for some help :/.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
ace_of_something said:
Micalas said:
ace_of_something said:
I'm pleased that the mcguffin in the review was a delicious cadbury egg. I would go thru mezzanine mazes for cadbury eggs.

I'm surprised Yahtzee has to explain that games that came out a day ago can't be reviewed. I thought everyone would've figured that out by now...
It was released in the EU and Australia on the 10th. It only came out yesterday in the US.
Okay. I'm surprised A) The game came out in australia at all really.
B) I'm surprised people expect him to review games he's had less than a week to do.
A. I know, right? Not only is it odd they got if first, but that they got it at all.
B. Is he not a dirty australian monkey man who should dance for our pleasure as he suggested in his Guitar Hero/Rock Band review? :p

CAPTCHA: your mistem. What about my mistem?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
HankMan2.0 said:
I bet that first boss fight really bugged you, eh Yahtzee?

<color=red>What, Did you think I was gone forever?
Ah, I missed the puns...

OT: Yeah, never was into dungeon crawlers, and this game seems like it took the worst parts of the genre and then put in the worst parts of co-op gameplay...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Given the hilarity of his first DNF review I suspect Yahtzee will need to take some time putting together his second one.

Llamazoid

Mar 10, 2011
Currently playing Hunted the Demons Forge with a friend and I agree it's a dreary single player experience but with a friend I found it pretty enjoyable. It definitely has its faults, it's not the most pleasant game to look at, the combat and control's are clunky and whoever thought it was a good idea to have limited potions and shields that break from two hits needs slapped across the face. None the less I'm still enjoying it, it's consuming enough time to stop me hoping for another good gaming experience to release this year.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
...who expected him to review DNF today? I didn't. But I guess not everyone IS familiar with his schedule.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Funny review and spot on review.The game really felt like medieval Gears of war with all the covering I had to do while playing the elf.

I haven't laughed so much in quite a few days so thank you for that.

head desk tricycle

Aug 14, 2010
Most game narratives need to constantly drag around player characters like so much dead weight, and constantly feed them basic facts about their own world, so right off the bat they make the player character worthless in almost every way. And Fashionably Late Syndrome somehow manages to make the player character even more worthless.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
KreacherOfbloodandRank said:
So Yahtzee... when ya doing Duke Nukem forever *trollface*
No point most reviews already say it sucks he might as well do inFamous.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Every time Yahtzee dislikes a game, I just assumes that it was too difficult or complicated for him, so he resolves to merely fling petulant, misogynistic insults at it in a sad attempt to validate is own inability to not be a leaky teat.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I think 90% of us were expecting Duke Nukem Forever, but I can understand if there wasn't enough time to make a video review. Maybe next week!

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
N'aww, I had my eye on that game. I'd have bought it if I had someone else willing to Co-Op it with me. (They didn't want the game I'm not.. just a loner >_>)

I'll probably still get it from the bargain bin some day.

Oh, and, obligatory Where's-Duke-Nukem-Hurr-Hurr-I'm-the-first-person-to-think-of-this-I-bet joke.