Zero Punctuation: Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Hunted: The Demon's Forge

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Hunted: The Demon's Forge and explains why it isn't Duke Nukem Forever [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/748-Duke-Nukem-Forever] yet.

Watch Video

woodaba

May 31, 2011
Can't say im suprised. Hunted is one of the worst games ive had the displeasure of playing in a LONG time.

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
Played this game with my freind, Coulden't have opend more dreary. In the first two chapters the only colour was red blood. Everything else was grey/black. Chapter 3 hit you like a brick when you enterd a forest. I was like "WOW green, so their is colour in this game".

wadark

Dec 22, 2007
Hilarious as always Yahtzee, though for some reason, I didn't laugh as hard as in the witcher 2 review. Ah well, it was cool getting some specific insight into when each video gets made.

But seriously?! DNF ALREADY YOU LAZY TW....ohhhh...nevermine. (I'm so witty.)

Seriously though, great work again Yahtzee.

demoncub1990

Apr 16, 2011
Wow i actually just saw a vid about DNF and how it sucks if you weren't over the age of 12. Yahtzee's gonna tear it apart or not i guess we just gotta wait :3

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Obligatory "I was really hoping you'd do Duke Nukem Forever TB!" There. It's done. Otherwise good video as always.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Don't worry about it, you already reviewed DNF like 2 years ago, and that review is still on the mark.

And I can honestly say I never cared much about Hunted and I'm glad it looks/plays/feels like a piece of crap.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Guh. I hate the AI playing characters who seem to have an IQ of minus 1000, as I feel my brains leaking out of my ears as I try to get them to do as I want, slowly feeling my brain cells annihilating themselves amidst the tedium. When you end up feeling like you are shortly going to be just as intelligent as the AI, that's a BAD GAME.

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
Well it's nice to find out what the timescale these videoes work on is.

I think you have a new thing for this year - "You can but why would you want to". I mean a Gears of War with melee combat just sounds awful and you have my sympathies for actually playing it.

It was also a suprise you didn't actually say the swear that rhymes with 'hunt'. :)

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Poor Yahzee, did no one tell him his life is now all champagne swimming pools and gold cars?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Where's the Duke Nukem Forever review?

Seriously though not too bad a review though considering I've never heard of this game and it doesn't interest me in the least.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Don't worry Yahtz, I knew for a fact you wouldn't be doing Duke Nuke'm this week. I was expecting that next week. Unless you can super finish a game then write a script/review of it, followed by a video... its not happening. If you could I'd be hunting you down to burn you as a witch for possessing such powers.

As for the reviews, guess there's nothing much to say. I've already heard how shite it is from other sites and in all honesty it wasn't on my "To buy list". Though your review did give me the good ol'chuckle.

Though speaking of the Duke, have you read the reviews trying to defend the game. Now I'm all for people having differing opinions and such however some of these guys even acknowledge its shite, its just they're trying to justify with some real hilarious excuses like "It's supposed to be shite, its a parody of gaming" and such...

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I honestly wish this game will sell well. Maybe then Fargo will get to making Wasteland 2.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'm pleased that the mcguffin in the review was a delicious cadbury egg. I would go thru mezzanine mazes for cadbury eggs.

I'm surprised Yahtzee has to explain that games that came out a day ago can't be reviewed. I thought everyone would've figured that out by now...