Zero Punctuation: Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I could have sworn he explained the whole week-to-play-week-to-make-video schedule at least once before.

Maybe it was in one of the EP articles.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
If there are four legged spiders, does that mean insects only have three legs? Are dogs bipedal? Do humans hop around on one leg? Has every snake just been cut in half down the middle?

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
spelguru said:
Ah what the hell. I can't resist. Hit me with preferably not a ban but something heavy.
I just want to clarify... did you really create a comment with the intent of getting warnings tagged onto your account?

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
I think that DNF should have included the dolphin races and the gun that shoots dogs. It would have made the game a little bit better...

Jun 10, 2011
Don't be mad, everyone's just REALLY excited to hear you annihilate DNF (again) can you blame us for wanting to see a shit game professionally torn a new cockhole?

BTW, if the old Duke Nukem review just gets copy/pasted I'll still laugh my ass off.

Jin-Roh

Oct 26, 2009
Sigh... on the other hand i think Yahtzee was drinking or is sick. What ever the case, I will blame the game; Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
i figured that since it has barely a stub for a page on wikipedia and IGN didn't have a review out at least 24 hours in advance that this game was a low-budget B-Movie affair.

Only good one of those was Earth Defense Force 2017.

I wonder if yahtzee will review EDF: Insect Armageddon... looks gamey enough.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I hadn't realized inFamous 2 was out yet...since it's been established that next week will likely be DNF so that begs the question of when Alice and inFamous be critiqued!

As for this week, another great show. I remember seeing this game advertised a couple months ago and hating Bethesda for pissing this out when they could be working on a new Call of Cthulhu.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow I feel like we got burned in some way. Anyway I knew this game would be bad and I chuckle that the AI is sarcastic.
Man you going to have a field day on reviewing Duke Nukem Forever.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
ace_of_something said:
I'm pleased that the mcguffin in the review was a delicious cadbury egg. I would go thru mezzanine mazes for cadbury eggs.

I'm surprised Yahtzee has to explain that games that came out a day ago can't be reviewed. I thought everyone would've figured that out by now...
It was released in the EU and Australia on the 10th. It only came out yesterday in the US.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I played this game with my friend, I wanted to bash my head in with the controller but he was so blinded by Bethesda making this game that he thought it was a perfect jewel, so I endured it for his sake...for 3 HOURS x.x

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
orangeapples said:
Don't worry about it, you already reviewed DNF like 2 years ago, and that review is still on the mark.
No, that review was positive. I'm not nearly as critical as Yahtzee but I found the game only passable. The game I played after that (Necrovision, like a low-budget mixture of Painkiller and Bulletstorm) to compare DNF to another mindless shooter blew me away with how much more fun it was.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Thanks for the heads-up another game I won't be buying. Now I'm going to watch the DNF review from 2 years ago, but as far I remember that one will be quite spot on anyway.

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
woodaba said:
Can't say im suprised. Hunted is one of the worst games ive had the displeasure of playing in a LONG time.
Try out Mindjack and you'll see what a truly bad game is and realise how Hunted isn't that bad.

IMO this game isn't that bad. I enjoyed it more than I did Homefront, DNF and a couple of the other releases this year. The Online co-op was very bad but playing co-op is a good laugh and when I didn't have someone to play with I never had any problems with the AI. Actually on the flip side I found the AI to be quite good as it saved my bacon a number of times during boss fights when I was playing as Caddoc.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Fronzel said:
KDR_11k said:
Are those maltesers you're hunting candy or alcohol?
I know those things but was it those or Malterser Akvavit [https://www.weinquelle.com/artikel/Malteserkreuz_582_e.html]? I guess they don't sell the latter in Australia...

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
Where's the Duke Nukem Forever review?

Seriously though not too bad a review though considering I've never heard of this game and it doesn't interest me in the least.
Awesome avatar xD.

On topic: I was a little surprised that Yahtzee addressed the comments for each of his videos this time. That's pretty much all I have to say about it though.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Micalas said:
ace_of_something said:
I'm pleased that the mcguffin in the review was a delicious cadbury egg. I would go thru mezzanine mazes for cadbury eggs.

I'm surprised Yahtzee has to explain that games that came out a day ago can't be reviewed. I thought everyone would've figured that out by now...
It was released in the EU and Australia on the 10th. It only came out yesterday in the US.
Okay. I'm surprised A) The game came out in australia at all really.
B) I'm surprised people expect him to review games he's had less than a week to do.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
Don't bother doing DNF. Your previous review will suffice, what with you mocking it to seem like an excellent game, only to shit on the developers for not actually putting a game out. Because the only difference NOW is that you could continue to mock it as if it were an excellent game, only to shit on the developers for finally putting the game out...and making it awful.

So, I'd rather hear about inFAMOUS 2 instead, if it's one or the other.