Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe he'll like Vanquish...If he reviews it. Cover based shooting, but JET PROPELLED!
Judging from the demo, he'll make fun of: the loud blaring techno music, the terrible voice acting, and the line "You two are bickering like a pair of MIT graduates!" which I still don't quite get. Is that just a stereotype that I'm not aware of?

Also, you could turn off the shaky cam, at least in the demo. And I don't think there's a reason they'd remove that option since then.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Wow... that was harsh. But good. That review made me chuckle a fair bit. :)

Hope you do Mafia II soon! :)

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Another fun thing is that Jeff on the other hand complimented this game for for instance the graphical effects. ;P

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Wow, that was one of the best ever.

Wonder which game it will be next week. Mafia II? Metroid Other M?

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
God, this was one of the best reviews of recent. That last joke still has me grinning.

The game looks awful, and after this review and Angry Joe's 3/10, I won't even give it a second look.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
He mentioned a lot of things I first thought when I saw the box art. K&L2 looks positively unpleasant.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
So it's basically a cliched story with stolen cover mechanics and motion sickness inducing camera.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
2 very rare things occured in this eppisode: yahtzee didn't pay any attention to the story at all and therefore he doesn't know shit, but on the other hand KnL 2 forgets why games are the way they are, so in conclusion you only view the singleplayer as tutorial included with a glitched multiplayer game(random rank resets) with zero support for modding. there is a reason why realistic games aren't popular(in case it's a racing game it's because IT DOESNT SUPPORT THE ONLY TYPE OF CONTROLLER IT SHOULD BE PLAYED WITH!!! OMFG). and as implication of this STALKER had to go with more traditionalistic approach(like artifacts spawning in logical areas only) for Call of Pripyat to become the best issue in the series.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
duke nukem is serious business. as serious as the guy that procrastinates for 4 months while everyone waits when he promises it will be good but we all know he didn't work on it then bam he shows a quickly drawn picture of a pie chart saying how great our business is.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Congrats to Yahtzee for finally getting his review of a game that starts on K. It was my first thought when I saw which game it was this week, since he mentioned it in another video when he refused to review Killzone 2. Now, since Halo Reach is coming soon, I'd like to make a request. Yahtzee, please play it in multiplayer on the first day, just so we can hear your delicious RAGE!

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Hey, I didn't realize Niko Bellic was in the game.
All the more reason to throw it off a building.
(cause, you know, throwing that slavic dude off of building and outta helicopters with god mode is pretty darn fun)

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Ah Yahtzee, you're always at your best when reviewing utterly terrible games... :D great episode

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
I wasn't really interested in this game but its putting up a few flags for Gears 3 in april. Since it made Cover Based Shooting popular (and I know it was done before I'm just saying Gears made it popular) and is a corner stone of the series, then Yahtzee is probably going to really let loose on it to make a point about all cover based shooting.
The rest of the month should be interesting, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2 and I'm honestly hoping he will look at R.U.S.E for something different.

WiDEEyeDSmILes

Aug 11, 2010
Wow.. lot of angst in this one.

Getting a little aggravated with STD filled red light district that the gaming world has stumbled into Yahtzee?

flosy

Feb 1, 2010
I was quite tempted to get this so I could pretend one of the main characters was Bill Bailey on a homicidal rampage.