Zero Punctuation: Killer Is Dead

gjkbgt

May 5, 2013
Is it just me or does Yahtzee seem a bit angry this week?
Does the new Australian PM have something against video games?
'Cause i can't see why else he'd be so angry about it everyone knew he was going to win.
Also Yathzee doesn't normally get that angry about sexist depictions of women, except in other M i guess.
Is it the money (in the form of gifts) for sex thing?
I've never met a person who doesn't hate that cultural trope but It's so hard wired into society it's almost impossible to get rid of

Fiairflair

Polymath
Oct 16, 2012
Being able to vote is definitely worth having to continue voting. After all, how many countries can boast their own political Sex Party?

Characters not showing emotion is usually lazy storytelling. Sexual conquest as a sidequest is usually lazy gameplay.
Case in point - The Witcher.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Suda 51 seems like my kind of guy. Let's just have a game where you're a cool assassin guy who kills things with a katana. That alone makes this game worth a try.

IrisNetwork

Sep 11, 2013
Wasn't expecting this game. I decided to watch some gameplay vids on YouTube. It seems like the most boring Suda 51 game so far. Gone is the lightness of tone from Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop Chainsaw. Replaced it with emotionless angst.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Actually an over inflated Tony Blair sex doll would probably do a better job running this country then our current leader.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
gjkbgt said:
No, he's just an anachronistic bully-boy who thinks women will never be the equals of men. Somewhere in this video, I kind of got the point that Yahtzee's views on gender relations have progressed beyond the level of cave-man, hence the ire.

Actually, his party has promised to stop rolling out fast internet because apparently all we'd do with it is play games and download Game of Thrones, so you are kind of correct.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Are you also disappointed they won't be bringing fiber to home;
-Or that the science minister is gone
-Or there being a only single woman in the cabinet
-Or that hes basically a giant joke to the international community and sticks his foot in his mouth whenever the oportunity arises

Among other things.

You talking about politics Yahtzee seems more interesting than killer is dead.

sammysoso

Jul 6, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
Yahtzee bashed Suda51 and enjoyed "zany" Saints Row. Either he's being coerced, or Yahtzee has been replaced by some sort of shapeshifting creature for nefarious reasons.

....Seriously, just...My world is upside down!
Maybe because deciding one's opinion of the game isn't just a series of check boxes.

Simply because a game is quirky or zany has no bearing on the quality.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Shamanic Rhythm said:
gjkbgt said:
No, he's just an anachronistic bully-boy who thinks women will never be the equals of men. Somewhere in this video, I kind of got the point that Yahtzee's views on gender relations have progressed beyond the level of cave-man, hence the ire.

Actually, his party has promised to stop rolling out fast internet because apparently all we'd do with it is play games and download Game of Thrones, so you are kind of correct.
He is also destroying everything the previous government has done to tackle climate change. Abolishing the carbon tax and various climate change institutions. He doesn't even have a science minister in his cabinet. He has been quoted saying things like women will never have equal representation in various industries.

Oh and he is opposed to gay marriage.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
sammysoso said:
Maybe because deciding one's opinion of the game isn't just a series of check boxes.

It's a bad idea to bring serious tone to tongue in cheek posts.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
sammysoso said:

It's a bad idea to bring serious tone to tongue in cheek posts.
The issue here id that you can't easily tell that it was tongue in cheek and that this is the internet.

There are some weird people out there who spout insane stagements believing them to be true.

Without vocal inflection it can be difficult to tell the difference between a joke and a nutjob.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ed130 said:
The issue here id that you can't easily tell that it was tongue in cheek and that this is the internet.
Only if you ignore a pretty heavy level of absurdity.

Accusing me of being indistinguishable from a nutjob is nice and all, but it's kind of...Well, false.

The number of people claiming Yahtzee is a shape shifting imposter is pretty low. Another hint might be a deliberate play on the whole Saints Row thing.

I mean, you can pretend it's a crapshot, but it's not.

discrider

Apr 16, 2013
Yahtzee, if you didn't vote then you lose the right to complain about the election results, because if you actually cared you would have done something when you had the chance.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
drummodino said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
gjkbgt said:

He is also destroying everything the previous government has done to tackle climate change. Abolishing the carbon tax and various climate change institutions. He doesn't even have a science minister in his cabinet. He has been quoted saying things like women will never have equal representation in various industries.

You forgot "stop the boats". So basically, Australians now live in a country whose main ambitions are to thwart global efforts to reduce emissions, and prevent refugees from escaping oppression in their own country. Brilliant.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Ed130 said:
Only if you ignore a pretty heavy level of absurdity.

Accusing me of being indistinguishable from a nutjob is nice and all, but it's kind of...Well, false.

The number of people claiming Yahtzee is a shape shifting imposter is pretty low. Another hint might be a deliberate play on the whole Saints Row thing.

I mean, you can pretend it's a crapshot, but it's not.
I wasn't implying that you were a nutjob and for that I aplogise, but I tend to comsign your posts into the 'uncertain if serious or not' pile most of the time.

Your JRPG post later on was rather good however.

SSoSFAGTiaCaGwaP

Mar 11, 2011
That part about the "one hole for flowers, one hole for penis" bit had me rolling. This is probably one of the best episodes yet.

discrider said:
Yahtzee, if you didn't vote then you lose the right to complain about the election results, because if you actually cared you would have done something when you had the chance.
I'm almost certain he was being facetious.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Blood Brain Barrier said:
drummodino said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
gjkbgt said:

You forgot "stop the boats". So basically, Australians now live in a country whose main ambitions are to thwart global efforts to reduce emissions, and prevent refugees from escaping oppression in their own country. Brilliant.
Oh yea that too. To be fair, labor weren't much better in that regard.