Zero Punctuation: Killer Is Dead

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
DanHibiki said:
The Sword thing might not be that far fetched for Japanese assassins. Possessing a gun in Japan is illegal and the punishment is so severe that no Yakuza is willing to be caught with one and they're so hard to find that you can't really learn how to shoot one. You end up with a situation where it's just plain easier to hack your enemies up with knives then to try and get a gun then miss horribly when you learn that it's not as easy to shoot as on TV.
And no doubt, without any guns, they have just as many mass shootings as America, because it's common knowledge the availability of guns is not a factor, it's all GTA and mental illness.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
For god's sake Yahtzee, don't complain about the election and then admit you're not even registered to vote! Unless you're under 18, there's no excuse for it.

Oh yeah, nice review. I was kind of expecting it'd be an Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs/Outlast comparison. That seems right up his alley.

Firecracker119

Aug 2, 2013
Producer said:
Wow, the punchline is a fucking national joke. Is it too early to call ZP dead, or perhaps too late?
He's just annoyed that Abbott won the election, along with everyone else in the country who can't vote.

Anyway, nice review. I have been planning to check out some Suda51 games, but I'm not too sure as of yet.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Wait a minute. is it me or is yathzee speaking very slow (for him) this week?

Waddles

Mar 16, 2010
Comparing Tony Abbott to Tony Blair is being really really harsh on Tony Blair

Any chance of some more 3ds reviews? Assuming you aren't gonna do pokemon when it comes out

Professor Zoom

Sep 19, 2013
@Yahtzee

I'm sick of you screaming and complaining about every single game you get your hands on. Killer is Dead is a sci-fi action game and if you don't like being an assasin and having a sword as a weapon, then it might not be a game for you, that's what Suda 51 games are all about.

head desk tricycle

Aug 14, 2010
Suda51 is undoubtedly talented but he doesn't seem to enjoy making games. He had extreme control over pretty much every aspect of the No More Heroes games, and killer7, but with every other AAA he he barely even functions as producer. He seems to seek out potential collaborators who will do everything for him, then takes a writing credit and calls it a day. I wonder, since he's the guy who founded Grasshopper Manufacture as well as its CEO, if he only made those games because he was desperate to save his video game company?

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
"We need originality, not this trite militarist crap over and over"

Then a game like this pops up, and they score it 5 for being too japanese. Aight.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Branindain said:
DanHibiki said:
The Sword thing might not be that far fetched for Japanese assassins. Possessing a gun in Japan is illegal and the punishment is so severe that no Yakuza is willing to be caught with one and they're so hard to find that you can't really learn how to shoot one. You end up with a situation where it's just plain easier to hack your enemies up with knives then to try and get a gun then miss horribly when you learn that it's not as easy to shoot as on TV.
And no doubt, without any guns, they have just as many mass shootings as America, because it's common knowledge the availability of guns is not a factor, it's all GTA and mental illness.
Hey, you keep your leftists bullhonkey to your self, we don't wanna hear your facts backed up by statistics, logic and common sense!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Rainbow_Dashtruction said:
Evonisia said:
Am I the only one who noticed that Killer 7's box art depicts the PS2 Version? Every previous entry had a Gamecube one. YES I AM THAT SAD.
Wait wait wait...PEOPLE BOUGHT THE GAMECUBE?!
Yahtzee clearly did, he often says that he has a liking or fondness to the Gamecube.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Rainbow_Dashtruction said:
Oh yeah right. That makes wondering why he chose the PS2 cover slightly more understandable aside from that likely being the cover more people saw of the owners of the game.
Yeah, he also tends to use the Gamecube or no specific console cover of Resident Evil 4 too, even mentioning the two by bringing up the doomed 5 Gamecube exclusives in an Extra Punctuation.

CTYR

Mar 25, 2012
Wait, no spit-take moments?
Erm...
Yahtzee, did you play the final boss?