Zero Punctuation: Killzone 3

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
gamegod25 said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Also Yathzee please note, We didn't help the USA beat the Germans in WW2, We beat the Germans and the USA jumped in and got shot. Then they went and blew stuff up in an unrelated country.
Oh yeah you and France were doing just fine without our help, letting them occupy France and bomb London was just a trick to fool the Nazis into thinking they were winning :p

I keed, I keed :3 But seriously, I doubt there is any intentional racism going on. Killzone 3 is just a mediocre shooter trying to blind us with shiny new gimmicks to distract us.
Yes, it was all a clever diversion but France wasn't in on it. The French gave up so there was no point in trusting them. If you Americans had kept away, we would have been able to ativate order 67 and taken down the Germans from the inside but now we have to save it till WW3.

I also keed, but its true when America joined in, they got shot more than us. A lot more.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
I was under the impression that R1 to shoot was standard on the PS3. R3 to aim seems a bit weird though.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Guerilla are Dutch developers, just saying.

No problem if your bashing something, just bash it correctly...

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
Geez Yahtzee man up. Tons of games use the stick buttons for zoom and R1 for trigger, you'd think, being a gaming critic you'd have come across a few by now.

I may dislike playstation controllers but I still find R1 perfectly usable and while L buttons are indeed best for zooming it's hardly the end of the world.

Otherwise, very fine review and way to stick up for the Brits *thumbs up*.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Timing problems prevented from seeing that side at about 1:23. Last video had issues like this a bit worse.

Anywho, pretty solid lampoon review all around, perhaps the end dragged on a bit long without adequate sight gag though.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Ekonk said:
...You do know this game was made by the Dutch, not by Americans, yeah?
Yeah, this. I was sitting there going "hang on a bit, Guerrilla Games is based in Amsterdam"..

Kebabco

Jun 5, 2010
As a german I'll say that you're way to easily offended and that you should suck a sock.
As a dutch guy i'll point out that Killzone is made by a dutch developer so all the references to USA patriotism can go fuck themselves.

GoodApprentice

Apr 27, 2010
This is the first Zero Punctuation I've watched in a couple months. Nice to see I haven't missed much. Same old, same old...

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
THE GAME LOOKS BETTER OUT OF 3D?!(sarcasm)
Seriously, 3D is and always has been a gimmick and I'll probably be keeping the 3D off when I get a 3DS.

JFSOCC

Apr 5, 2010
Sorry Yahtzee, but I believe the game is a Dutch production, not an American one. (I may be wrong, but I thought I'd read that somewhere)

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
This is probably one of Yahtzees weakest reviews. The arguments he comes up with (and there honestly arent many. Hell, maybe he liked the game afterall?) are abit dodgy (i mean, complaining about something that can be changed in options?). And he seems to think the game is American... Yeah, i mean, so little knowledge from someone who works in the industry is pretty ridiculous.

This review is right up there with his MGS4 one (which complained about a weapon you only have if you play on 'Very Easy') as one of Yahtzees... Not "worst" but, 'poorest' reviews.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Stupid gimmicky bullshit is stupid and gimmicky? NOOOOOOOOOO.

Be honest Yahtzee, what the fuck did you expect? A stupid movie gimmick is bad enough on it's own, but a badly designed game taking on two stupid gimmicks is begging for disaster.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Oh man, when I saw the review was going to be KZ3, I cringed a little knowing what to expect from Yahtzee.

Anyways, I liked the game, plus it's strange that Yahtzee is complaining about the R1/L1 buttons being used for firing since every shooter on the PS3 sets it up that way.

Oh, and the developers of this game are Dutch, not us Americans. So I don't know what that means, the relations of you Brits and the Dutch, maybe you can explain...lol

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
So the 3d and motion controls are bad huh?
Color me surprised.
Wait...not really

Good review as always
cheers

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Huh, I would have thought the ISA was the IRA not the USA. Well missed that one I guess.

Ah well had a few laughs and proud of Yahtzee to tell Move and 3D to fuck off.