Zero Punctuation: Killzone 3

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
That Guy Who Phails said:
TheFPSisDead said:
wooo, more yahtzee hating on the US. *yawn*.
Everyone hates on the US nowadays, you guys must really suck or something.
:)
Either that or the rest of the world is sippin some serious haterade.

themanandrey

Jan 12, 2011
Well the last FPS i actually enjoyed playing was Counter Strike (old i know),but at least everything worked just fine unlike the new games where its hard to even crouch and aim.But in the end that is hut my opinion :)

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Why does only HALF of the door break a HALF-second later when I melee it?

Anyway, I find R1 works better than R2 for shooting on PS3.

Since it's "triggers" suck.

R2 works fine for less action focused games like RDR and Mafia 2, but with FPS games on PS3, I prefer R1.
This. R2 is such an incredibly shitty button for shooting. It takes presses more as suggestions than commands, and every time I put it down (say, for a cutscene) and then pick it up, it shoots, which has killed quite a few team-mates in online games.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I'm not sure if it's because this seemed like a genuine rant or what - but this video was one of the more entertaining ones.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Ekonk said:
...You do know this game was made by the Dutch, not by Americans, yeah?
So the Dutch are taking the piss out of the US of A?

I can get behind that.
as can I!
But as a brit... what did we do to the Dutch to upset them? Remember Jedward are Irish and have nothing to do with the rest of the British Isles!

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Jetpacks again? Is it me or have games been featuring jetpacks since Yahtzee said he had tons of fun with one? Or does he just end up getting games that have jetpacks in them?

Jack Phoenix

Mar 16, 2011
I like most of your reviews and the hate comedy on them but if america is so fucking stupid and gay then why do more people move from their countries to ours? The only reason why its hard to get a green card is because we want productive people who can actually help other people in this country and because so many people are flooding toward us faster then a Tsunami in Japan.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
If I'm honest I was on the fence on whether or not to buy this game. so thank you Yahtzee, this video made me realise that it would probably be a waste of my hard earned money...

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Did he try the thing they developed for the PS Move specifically for shooters which emulates a real gun?

Other then that no surprise really, you can just tell by the gameplay what kind of game it is and how many were made in its kind.

Nomanslander said:
Oh, and the developers of this game are Dutch, not us Americans. So I don't know what that means, the relations of you Brits and the Dutch, maybe you can explain...lol
There was a period of time where they hated each other and when a fire occured and burned the Queen's palace they blamed it on the Dutch.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
GIMMICKS

HURT

GAMING QUALITY

3D, waggle controls and cameras don't do anything but try to distract you from how shitty the game is beyond the expensive effects they're trying to make you think you didn't waste your fucking money on.

Movie theaters used 3D, smell-o-vision, vibrating chair 'sense-o-round', and all that crap in the 50's and 60's because the movies were so bad and poorly put together

So fuck 3D, fuck motion control, and fuck the decisions made by shareholders and douchebags in suits

Erdie

Jan 8, 2009
Wow. A little sad how quick you are to jump into anti-American bullshit, especially since this game is Dutch-developed. Who's the bigot again?

Cooperblack

Apr 6, 2009
There is really no excuse for not having fully customizable controls in games any more , hell both Sony and Microsoft will freely GIVE the minuscule programs to any dev team(we're talking kilobytes here) - it's not like it's a huge programming nightmare to have a screen with a photo of the controller and allow the player to place his/her own controls as he/she wishes.

Really whats scarring the devs teams?

That this will lead to some sort of anarchistic nightmare?

Dev one :"look at OUR players.. they are playing OUR game that WE made their OWN way it's bedlam!!"

Dev two :"I can't stand it..it's It's Anarchy..I'M pulling the plug!!!"

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
soldier9501 said:
Yahtzee seemed to miss the fact that this game was made by a company based in Amsterdam.

And you could switch the crouch/aim buttons. It's called the "Alternate" control scheme.
Doesn't change the fact that the game is clearly aimed at Americans and the protagonists are obviously American surrogate characters in their WWII analogy. Hence their American accents and rugged, brown-haired, manly appearance; the default look of practically every Western protagonist.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Jack Phoenix said:
I like most of your reviews and the hate comedy on them but if america is so fucking stupid and gay then why do more people move from their countries to ours? The only reason why its hard to get a green card is because we want productive people who can actually help other people in this country and because so many people are flooding toward us faster then a Tsunami in Japan.
I think you're taking his reviews too seriously. He is after-all only reviewing a silly game, and not launching a polemic dissertation against the US.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Helped defeat? You make it sound like it was America that truly beat the axis while the rest of the Allies gave minor contributions.
Britain Canada and France defeated the Nazis America kinda helped but only during the end when Japan Broke their dock. Seriously why do so many people think America was the Big hero in WWII, they showed up at the last minute and Only because Japan attacked I'm pretty sure America was doing trade with Germany.