Zero Punctuation: Killzone 3

Iorio Braga

Sep 10, 2010
Silly Yahtzee, feeling down on account of stereotypes are we? Well get in line!
Ever saw any brazilians in videogame that were not highly deformed monsters, criminals, or just plain retarded?
I mean, in Modern Warfare 2 some US army dudes rip my state appart as if it was they backyard. And when that happened most of the world already knew, or at least heard of the movie "Troop of elite" that depicted the hard ass elite police squad we have (5th in the world). Talk about stomping on your nation's calusses... Well, nonetheless, I feel your pain.
I recognize that as far as the great tradition of "feeling britain", and the importance of such understanding of self to the development of labor moviments eons ago, the brazilian identity may mean squat to you. But it certainly does to me. And in some way I like to think I shared your thoughts.
Well, my best regards sir

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Im English and I love that were the bad guys, their always the best characters anyway. Who would you rather be Bruce Willis or Alan Rickman? Mufasa or Scar? I could proberly find more but my crumpets are ready, I bid you good day.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
YES! Now THAT was an old time Yahtzee post.

100% FUCKING FUCK YOU WRONG of course, except the parts about 3D (of course), which means 95% wrong, however let's not forget, FUCK YOU! Man, such a great piss taking!

Keep it coming, love, er, I mean, Mr. Crowshaw. There is no shark.

P.S.
Your audio setup is pretty much perfection on this one.

angrykrikit

Mar 17, 2011
I hate 3D, it always gives me a whopping headache and makes me feel like dinner is revolting. Also, I've always liked the Killzone games, I've played thru almost a whole level per game (excluding this last one). That's probably why I like them. In my gaming career though I've only finished a few games : Zelda Orcana of Time, Okami (on Wii and PS2), Red Dead Redemption, Cabela's African Safari, Halo 2, Ratchet and Clank (all of them), Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Lion King on Sega, Call of Duty Black Ops. Take that how you see it, I guess I'm not really THAT dedicated of a gamer and I really tend to stick to 1st Person shooter types. I like Little Big Planet because I haven't gotten tired of elecrifiying and charcoaling my character.

Hells High

Mar 2, 2011
Lol Yahtzee I think you got a LITTLE bit too upset over the point about the enemies being "British".

1.) The game was developed by a Dutch development studio.
2.) The US was actually helping Britain, not vice versa. Us commonwealth countries went to war with Germany years before the Americans.

The bashing of any other countries is getting old and it'd be nice to hear some other pissing ;P Come on we know you got it in you!

mptothedc

Jul 23, 2009
Hmm too much USA hate for me here now. I don't think I'll be watching Zero Punctuation anymore.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
mptothedc said:
Hmm too much USA hate for me here now. I don't think I'll be watching Zero Punctuation anymore.
Yeah me neither. Him not knowing this was made by a Dutch company hurts too much.

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
PunkRex said:
Im English and I love that were the bad guys, their always the best characters anyway. Who would you rather be Bruce Willis or Alan Rickman? Mufasa or Scar? I could proberly find more but my crumpets are ready, I bid you good day.
Hwuh...? Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be John McClane? Scar I can understand but... Huh.

On topic, Killzone never really interested me, I always got the "LOOK AT HOW GRIM AND DARK WE ARE" kind of vibe, and there is only so many grey and brown color pallettes I can take. It gets kind of depressing.

J.McMillen

Sep 11, 2008
twaddle said:
why yes i would like to see your bugbear collection
As would I.

Personally though I'm surprised that after 170+ comments, this is only the second to mention bugbears.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Haderos said:
3D today is shit, they should get back on trying holographics. When i feel like i'm in the scene i'll be awed.. not if some shitty dustclouds look they're flowing in my direction for a second. :|
This.

I swear they're trying and failing miserably on purpose at the "pop-out 3D" (you know, what 3D IS SUPPOSED TO BE!) and all it ends up doing is fucking up the colors and MAYBE adding some perceivable "depth" into the background (go watch Avatar in 3D, I guarantee you will hate it).

angrykrikit

Mar 17, 2011
I dont' think that hating on Americans can get old. There's alot to hate about us, and yes I am American, born and bred. The majority of my life has been spent here on US soil, but the few outings (ok, so it's only one outing but I look on us as a country in a very different light because of it). For Harry's sake don't scream Anti-US bullshit, I consider my self very patriotic. It's just that I can only take so much bullshit from people who have thier head's shoved so far up their bums thats the only way they can deficate, out their mouths.
First of all we are ranked pretty high in giving aid to other countries and all that jazz, but our own poo isnt vaccumed up at home. We have our military forces cut down and spread so thin that the homefront(not the game) civilian soldiers have to get activated to come save the day. Then we start two more wars, Iraq and Afganistan. . .what the hell? And granted some soldiers have bad cases of PTSD, but who put a label on that jem? My husband got told by a VA doctor that "he looked like a faker" and didn't get help for his back. I'm sorry but excuse me? Then another soldier (who will remain nameless*the dirty dirty bleep bleep* gets a 10% disability rating for acne. . .WTF!!! and supposedly gets 90% for PTSD when the worst thing she had to deal with was acutally helping get the vehicles ready for missions. God help her if she acutally had to do anything, worthless human being.)
Then, we are soo soft. God help the average person if they can't get thier morning shower because the city pumped too much water at one time and blew our main water pipe( i work at a hotel too). You would have thought the world was coming to an end the way people whined and moaned and complained and bitched about it. Holy Mother of God!!! Last time I checked you can't die or even get slightly sick from lack of a daily shower. . would have to be quite a few showerless days really. I am still thankful*after my all expenses paid trip to Sadr City, Bagdahd, Iraq* that I don't have to worry about being mortered while on the John, booby-traps, RPGs or anyother nasties coming to join me while dropping the kids off at the pool. Hell, I'm thankful if there's a proper toilet, toilet paper, privacy for fuc*ks sake, other than nothing but a vehicle door and a poncho liner. We valued MRE boxes and ass*& tickets like they were gold. The worst toilet I've seen here in the US had a little bit of golden shower on the seat, as opposed to handfuls of shite becuase they dont have TP and use thier freakin meat beaters as a substitute.
I said alot of things, and didn't really give alot of actual evidence for my points (except personal experiences) but it is what it is. If you think Americans suck, then I say you are justified in not liking us and I totally understand. Thanks for being honest.

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
FoOd77 said:
PunkRex said:
Hwuh...? Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be John McClane? Scar I can understand but... Huh.
I prefer Sarah Kerrigan personally.

She's my idol. :D

(Note that I haven't played Starcraft II yet, but I hear she got lame in that one.)

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
silv said:
It's not working for me, anyone else have that problem?
Works for me!

This was a great video, the 'thanks internet' bit cracked me up :D best video of the last 5 or 6 definitely.

Spakkenkhrist

Mar 6, 2008
Zhukov said:
The part regarding the cover system had me laughing out loud.

It's true too. I lost count of how many times I scrambled for cover only to get my face shot off anyway. And I only played the game for about an hour.
You finished it then? Seriously the campaign is way too short, my girlfriend and I were just getting into the game on our third sitting then the credits rolled.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I quite enjoy the US bashing, but then i'm Australian, so I can't exactly throw any stones...

Also, Yahtzee acknowledged the Ducth development thing on his Twitter. He says it doesn't matter since the game was still made with an American audience in mind.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
Ekonk said:
...You do know this game was made by the Dutch, not by Americans, yeah?
In the game, American accents are given to all ISA troops; so I think thats where he gets it.