Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
flaming_squirrel said:
That's some speedy banage up there.
Thank You :)

"If you don't ban 'um, they won't learn nothin'"
I always found it strange how people can apparently watch a 4 minute movie within a minute. Hmm, must be a different universe.

Also, Yahtzee seemed to have a cold this time..

Anyway, I never really got into L4D. Yes, it's a *fun* game.. but gets bland after a while. At least, I can't keep shooting the same zombies over and over and over and over with the same 3 guns over and over and over and over.

I wonder how the hell I got to level 70 when I still played WoW..

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Hehe that made me chuckle :)
Looks like Yahtzee kind of likes everything Valve comes up with, and in this case I must say it's justified. Looks like a cool game to take on at a lan-party.

Also: is there a special "Yahtzee thread banning contest" the mods engage in every wednesday or what?

Georgie2x4

Oct 1, 2008
Great video as always. The repetition of this game is great all praise to the AI Director :)

The reee-taarrrd bit at the end cracked me up :D

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
I agree so hard with that last bit about people who replace letters with numbers. Anyway, loved the review, loved the game.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Mariena said:
Spinwhiz said:
flaming_squirrel said:
That's some speedy banage up there.
Thank You :)

"If you don't ban 'um, they won't learn nothin'"
I always found it strange how people can apparently watch a 4 minute movie within a minute. Hmm, must be a different universe.
It's very nice here. You got to check it out sometime.

chanceashaman

Nov 21, 2008
I guess no matter how old I get I always enjoy shooting a zombie in the head, this one I think was more of a rental. I each console generation seems to cause the games I actually buy vs those I rent to change in favor of renting.

spudpuffin

Apr 27, 2008
Surggical_Scar said:
Mmm, nice.

Although seeing as I bought L4D recently, only to discover my PC can't hadle it, it's a bit of a moot point until I get a better rig.

Nonetheless, solid review, and yeah, I think cults are started that way. Well, apart from Buddhism - that was from a really long-winded game of Scrabble.
Theres one thing i have to stress in relation to this random guys post.
The one thing that all us PC gamers (exept the rich ones) can agree on is that there should be a set comp. requirments for an amount of time so that something like crysis dosn't come along and make everyone moan in dispear as we all no a select few are going to get to enjoy it.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Is there nobody without a cold in this godforsaken world?

Loved the review, Mr Croshaw

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
This is the first time I've ever seen Yahtzee ever say ANYTHING bad about valve. Tho the bad part is actually a compliment considering how he destroys other ones. This review was a breath of fresh air in this carbon dioxide world, thank you Yahtzee.

TASagent

Sep 15, 2008
I'm pretty sure that bit about cults is actually how all religions get started... :-D

Great review, though.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Jursa said:
This is the first time I've ever seen Yahtzee ever say ANYTHING bad about valve. Tho the bad part is actually a compliment considering how he destroys other ones. This review was a breath of fresh air in this carbon dioxide world, thank you Yahtzee.
I find that strangely ironic :p

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
This one felt a little flat, i dare say. Your/His voice seems to be in the lower tone which makes you/him sound too serious to be entertaining, and there wasn't anything that really made me laugh. Of course, this was more of an actual review than a 'this game sucks and here's why' rant, so maybe that's the reason.

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
I'd agree with one of the last typed jokes, I don't get the whole "Smoker" name either. I mean, yes, I get that they poof into clouds of smoke, but that's obviously kind of an arbitrary distinction that feels kind of tacked on.

I also wonder if I'm the only one who thinks of Waterworld every time they hear the characters yell out "SMOKER!", I half expect to see the zombies eating "Smeat", with one of them yelling "It does look like shit". Or am I the only one who remembers that much about Waterworld at all?

Nice review, good to see a good game get praise.

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Sennz0r said:
Hehe that made me chuckle :)
Looks like Yahtzee kind of likes everything Valve comes up with, and in this case I must say it's justified. Looks like a cool game to take on at a lan-party.

Also: is there a special "Yahtzee thread banning contest" the mods engage in every wednesday or what?
I think it's like a surprise attack, Yahtzee informs then before he starts the thread so one or two gather in it to mow down the spam as soon as it emerges its putrid head.

Fantastic review as always Yahtzee, you seem to have far less bile right now, don't tell me you're softening up because of the Holidays? I think so.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Pretty fair review I'd say. For me, I just play the game because it's fun to run around with a group of friends and kill zombies, and I think as long as you don't expect it to be more, you'll be happy. Seems that's the jist that Yahtzee's getting at...

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
spudpuffin said:
Sgt. Dante said:
xD hot colllage chick +guy with long tounge.
isnt there a better website to make sexual enuendos on you fucktard
...Wow, Umm...Did you even watch the video? It was what Yahtzee circled and drew a line to. Don't post in response to something you have no idea he is talking about.

Anyways, great video. I especially like the part about the 4 people huddled in a basement waiting it out while the zombies are rubbing their bellies with ice cream scoopers in their hands. And then you switched it to Koalas. Great stuff. I especially liked this episode.