Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

Sep 24, 2008
Personally, the most striking thing to me was his comment about Louis. Calling him the character one could most identify with... but being black messes it up a bit.

Being a non-white gamer, whenever I or a fellow non-white gamer mentions how adopting another white, square-jawed, stock male character creates some dissonance, we're usually told to get over it. It's nice to see someone else mention that it's a bit wonky having to deal with it.

LCP

Dec 24, 2008
Oh well, people will release custom made maps shortly, and they look fairly promising. But complaining about the price is pointless as many compare to the Orange box, which is by itself very stupid to do as the Orange Box was the deal of the century, really, nobody will find that price ever again for 5 games

-Cheers

frank220

Dec 25, 2008
i think i might be getting this tomorrow, and t3h banhammer strikes like The Mjöllnir

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
You should get it especially because people are working on a few awesome extra maps and once Valve gets of it's lazy ass and finally boots the L4D SDK out of the door the modding community is going to foam at the mouth and release a whole horde of new maps to finally brighten up the criminally low amount of maps. 4 in total replayable about 5-10 times before you know them inside out, still I had over 50 hours of gameplay fun with this so it's like a dollar an hour for fun.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
What's with the bannification ray, I assume it's just because these guys are making these annoying fanboy posts.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Decimator 3000 said:
What's with this guy he gives good games bad reviews and gives mediocre games good reviews. Good thing he's not a real critic.
So, it's his opinion what's mediocre and what's good.

LCP

Dec 24, 2008
MorkFromOrk said:
I considered this game, but then I can play zombie mods for free on my HL2 installation.
Zombie mods suck compared to l4d :p, Really good game, It is very entertaining in VS

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
hey idiot dont accuse him of being a fanboy and then talk about half life as if it were a golden gem that grants wishes your aloud your opinion but not to tread on others

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
corroded said:
DtheHut said:
corroded said:
DtheHut said:
corroded said:
Hamster at Dawn said:
The only way this review could have been better is if it was for Gears of War 2. OK, I'll shut up about Gears 2 for a minute so that I can say I didn't like the Left 4 Dead demo much and I agree that anyone who replaces the word 'for' with '4' should be shot. (Yes I know it's because it's a 4-player game but that doesn't make it clever.)
You'd have a point, and i'd agree if you hadn't have mentioned Gears of Bore 2.
Yes, its unlikely that Yahtzee will be kind to Gears as it's a game for XBOX and a lot of people bought it. Then again, it's also a complete ripoff of the first two Halo games at the end so chances are he'll unwittingly shower it with praise like he does every time a game features something Bungie either invented or refined to perfection thus proving his hypocrisy time and time again.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

And we've all had the Halo is mediocre debate before and this isn't the place for it. I don't remember Bungie inventing anything, and only FPS Perfection has been attained by Call of Duty 4, and Half Life 2.
COD 4, really? Wow. Halflife 2 was good; it certainly wasn't perfect. The Orange Box was a great value. Let's be fair to Bungie for a second my mousy friend. Bungie incorporated storytelling in games in a way that hasn't been achieved since the days of real-time adventure games (Movies with puzzles); and it did it in a way that--unlike real-time adventure games--didn't suck. The pacing has an engine of its own as well, giving the user the choice between very Halflife-esque cutscene interaction, tradition sit-back-and-watch interaction, and an altogether revolutionary interruption interaction. Aside from that, Bungie has built every game from the ground up; unlike Valve, who profits widely from the proliferation of their buggy engines.

In any case, I'm not trying to have the Halo isn't mediocre debate. All I'm saying is that if Activision made Left 4 Dead he would have said that it made him want to shoot infant children and it was a total waste of money.
Wow, arguing with you is pointless. Fanboyism is mighty with you.

Half Life 2 has by far the better story telling, characters you can empathise with and is the benchmark for most people of that. Others mentioning Call of Duty 4, entirely because of how it was done, specially the sequence after 'The Event' and a few others.

People make Engines, to sell. You don't see people criticising ID for the same thing.

Building from the ground up is expensive, and largely idiotic. Why reinvent the wheel?
hey idiot dont accuse him of fanboyism when you talk of half life as if its a golden gem that grants wishes your allowed an opinion but not to tell other that they have the wrong one

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
corroded said:
blinkgun96 said:
corroded said:
DtheHut said:
corroded said:
DtheHut said:
corroded said:
Hamster at Dawn said:
The only way this review could have been better is if it was for Gears of War 2. OK, I'll shut up about Gears 2 for a minute so that I can say I didn't like the Left 4 Dead demo much and I agree that anyone who replaces the word 'for' with '4' should be shot. (Yes I know it's because it's a 4-player game but that doesn't make it clever.)
You'd have a point, and i'd agree if you hadn't have mentioned Gears of Bore 2.
Yes, its unlikely that Yahtzee will be kind to Gears as it's a game for XBOX and a lot of people bought it. Then again, it's also a complete ripoff of the first two Halo games at the end so chances are he'll unwittingly shower it with praise like he does every time a game features something Bungie either invented or refined to perfection thus proving his hypocrisy time and time again.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

And we've all had the Halo is mediocre debate before and this isn't the place for it. I don't remember Bungie inventing anything, and only FPS Perfection has been attained by Call of Duty 4, and Half Life 2.
COD 4, really? Wow. Halflife 2 was good; it certainly wasn't perfect. The Orange Box was a great value. Let's be fair to Bungie for a second my mousy friend. Bungie incorporated storytelling in games in a way that hasn't been achieved since the days of real-time adventure games (Movies with puzzles); and it did it in a way that--unlike real-time adventure games--didn't suck. The pacing has an engine of its own as well, giving the user the choice between very Halflife-esque cutscene interaction, tradition sit-back-and-watch interaction, and an altogether revolutionary interruption interaction. Aside from that, Bungie has built every game from the ground up; unlike Valve, who profits widely from the proliferation of their buggy engines.

In any case, I'm not trying to have the Halo isn't mediocre debate. All I'm saying is that if Activision made Left 4 Dead he would have said that it made him want to shoot infant children and it was a total waste of money.
Wow, arguing with you is pointless. Fanboyism is mighty with you.

Half Life 2 has by far the better story telling, characters you can empathise with and is the benchmark for most people of that. Others mentioning Call of Duty 4, entirely because of how it was done, specially the sequence after 'The Event' and a few others.

People make Engines, to sell. You don't see people criticising ID for the same thing.

Building from the ground up is expensive, and largely idiotic. Why reinvent the wheel?
hey idiot dont accuse him of fanboyism when you talk of half life as if its a golden gem that grants wishes your allowed an opinion but not to tell other that they have the wrong one
Nice job jumping on only picking up on Half Life 2, seeing as i talked equally as with equal praise about Call of Duty 4. I picked up on someone with a severe anti Valve problem, first off, i enjoy of the Valve games i've played, but i certainly don't expect everything they release to be the best thing evar. And i won't defend something that is not worthy either. So at best, you are confused at exactly what a fanboy is.

But i imagine that someone who writes a sentence that long, without any punctuation, capitalisation and starting with an insult is a bit of an 'Internets Hero', violently keyboard bashing and any form of reasoned argument is largely pointless, and how explaining your points creates something called debate.
your mistaken if you think im gonna start an arguement with you. you also cannot read as you missed the part about opinions. Few games really suck and those are the incredibly bad kind that no one likes at all and if you dont like halo 3 thats fine but dont go shoving it down other peoples throats because you dont like it.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
also this is the internet not english class, there is no rule that i have to punctuate properly, or at all for that matter. as a matter of fact when i typed in response to that remake oh about 3 comments above it was not frustration towards your point of view but rather your disregard to let anyone else have one

Slipslop

Feb 24, 2009
Left 4 Dead is a great game, because it actually forces teamplay and if you are not able, may it be on purpose(griefing) or not(newb (not noob, that would be a griefer again)), to utilize teamwork then you will fail miserably in this game. At least the infected team has fun killing the nubs.

The only thing that i don't like, is that it was a rushed release. It lacks content, only 2 campaigns for the great Versus mode. Enough for the mass market, but not enough for passioned gamers. But Valve is known for it's good costumersupport and updates will follow, so it's not a big deal for me.

tantric whale

Mar 3, 2009
Kringel said:
Last part made me laugh, still not buying mirrors edge.
good horibale game my friend says its good i just played the demo and decided nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo