Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

Mrmandude

Aug 29, 2008
I was hoping it was gonna be good cos i played demo on x-box but i'm wating 4 PS3 version to come out

panagram

Oct 19, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Thank You :)

"If you don't ban 'um, they won't learn nothin'"
Wholeheartedly agree, i don't understand why these people are soo thrilled with the idea of "Guys! hey everybody look i posted first on something i know nothing about yet!!!......hey wanna watch the video now?"

On a seperate note, how does everybody think 'Prototype' looks? i'm pretty pumped it has a lot of potential i just hope the don't bomb it

Greyhawk

Sep 29, 2008
Wait a sec, did Yahtzee just shoehorn in a reference to the Re-Animator movie? He did circle "guy with long tounge" and "hot college girl", right?

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
I liked the review, but I've been wondering how much I can trust his opinion on things any more after he verbally abused the game (Mirror's Edge) that I loved.

That said, he mostly echos things I've heard from other people I know about the game, and I'm really hoping I get a copy for Christmas. See, I was dumb and threw a few hot new titles out as gift ideas, which means I can't buy anything until, at earliest, the 26'th. I'm looking forward to this game, and a Croshaw stamp of approval must mean good things.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
needausername said:
His voice sounded a bit weird... or was that just me. But still a good review, not as anger filled as normal though...
That's funny, I also noticed he sounded different, but I though he sounded angrier than usual. It's like his tone was harsher, maybe lacking the soft sarcastic tone we find comforting & instead sounding pure angry.

Still, a great video nonetheless.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Yeay, I like it when he reviews games he likes or atleast not hate!
And HOLY CRAP! He said something good about TF2! Huzza!

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Jamash said:
needausername said:
His voice sounded a bit weird... or was that just me. But still a good review, not as anger filled as normal though...
That's funny, I also noticed he sounded different, but I though he sounded angrier than usual. It's like his tone was harsher, maybe lacking the soft sarcastic tone we find comforting & instead sounding pure angry.

I would say his tone was harsher, but I wouldn't have said angrier.

Raxous

Dec 10, 2008
I quite liked both the review and the game itself. The co-op is really top notch in the fact that my friend and I played only the demo (which only give two chapters of the first scenario) and played for hours, exploring in campaign, dicking around with difficulty, falling in love with the red cars with alarms (should've mentioned it yahtzee). and then in online multiplayer we found out that some online suviviors we're complete dicks and proceeded to completely screw the hell out of them during a mission and still survive with only he and I left. but back to the review. yes some not-so-fun bits in the game but just not-so-fun; it's not like they were bad. overall a good game and a better review.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
Can't get enough of L4D. I salute Valve for reminding me why I waste so much time playing computer games.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Very amusing as always. He really didn't have a lot of bad things to say about this one.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Great review, Yahtzee. I recently purchased this game and enjoyed it, though I can understand how the scenarios and weapon selection would get tiring quickly. Still, with the ebb and flow created by the AI director (which seemed to do it's job of keeping the pace reasonable well) and the randomness inherent in playing with other people, it keeps things different enough to be played over and over again. The actual cooperation in a co-op game was amazing.

And I too laughed out loud when you said "retard" at the end.

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
Greyhawk said:
Wait a sec, did Yahtzee just shoehorn in a reference to the Re-Animator movie? He did circle "guy with long tounge" and "hot college girl", right?
Now that you say that, I was just thinking that maybe the squirt gun used by the imp was a reference to another fantastic game: Zombies Ate My Neighbors. A fanastic co-op (mostly) zombie based game as well.

Raxous

Dec 10, 2008
DanRSL said:
I'd agree with one of the last typed jokes, I don't get the whole "Smoker" name either. I mean, yes, I get that they poof into clouds of smoke, but that's obviously kind of an arbitrary distinction that feels kind of tacked on.

I also wonder if I'm the only one who thinks of Waterworld every time they hear the characters yell out "SMOKER!", I half expect to see the zombies eating "Smeat", with one of them yelling "It does look like shit". Or am I the only one who remembers that much about Waterworld at all?

Nice review, good to see a good game get praise.
Why in god's green and blue earth would you WANT to remember waterworld. yay for Kevin Costner though

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I thought The Escapist payed for his games to review, that's what he stated in one of the earlier videos.

Darthracoon

Aug 27, 2008
Aaah, great as always Mr. Crowshaw.

Loved the bit about the office worker being black that was awesome.

I want to get left 4 dead but none of the stores near me don't have it at all they didn't even order it!

Can't wait for the next one.

kapzer

Nov 26, 2008
Why is Yahtzee always right? Hit's the nail on the head almost every time! 'tis a good game but yeah it hasn't got ENDLESS playability. Good fun with friends though. Another great, and entertaining review. I did notice the lack of criticism for a VALVe game though ;P Then again, how many people criticise valve anyway?

ChristmasChild

Dec 4, 2008
He must be on Vicodin. He didn't rant about the game rerally shining, but he somehow didn't feel the need to spew bile all over it . . . ?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
needausername said:
Jamash said:
needausername said:

I would say his tone was harsher, but I wouldn't have said angrier.
Yeah you're probably right. I suppose for me, him opening with "...Zombies join the list of things nerds NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT!" kind of set the anger level to 11 in my mind.

But like Cheesebob said, he could just have a cold...though it is Summer in Australia...