Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Worm4Life said:
Yeah doling out 100 bucks on Mirror's Edge either means you've got it to burn, don't pay for the games(probably), or are retarded. Glad to see you own up.
Actually, it means he lives in Australia, where they routinely charge that much for games.

Worm4Life

May 30, 2008
geldonyetich said:
Worm4Life said:
Yeah doling out 100 bucks on Mirror's Edge either means you've got it to burn, don't pay for the games(probably), or are retarded. Glad to see you own up.
Actually, it means he lives in Australia, where they routinely charge that much for games.
So, import. Oh wait that means less content for the videos nix that idea.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Worm4Life said:
geldonyetich said:
Worm4Life said:
So, import. Oh wait that means less content for the videos nix that idea.
He probably purchased it the way the rest of us did, over Steam, where they didn't give him a whole lot of choice.

[Edit: Oh wait, we're talking about Mirror's Edge. Well, I don't know what the story is there. Maybe he just wanted to buy local for support of the local economy or because it doesn't require the difficulty of waiting for the mail to show up or somesuch.]

Worm4Life

May 30, 2008
geldonyetich said:
[Edit: Oh wait, we're talking about Mirror's Edge. Well, I don't know what the story is there. Maybe he just wanted to buy local for support of the local economy or because it doesn't require the difficulty of waiting for the mail to show up or somesuch.]
In all fairness that sounds like a crock of shit.

andsoitgoes

Mar 6, 2008
I was so worried about this, until I remember that Valve can really do no wrong in Yahtzee's eyes.

Regardless, I'm not surprised he liked the game. it's a good freaking game, and the tension it has continues, even if you know what's going to happen. Sure you know how to kill a smoker or a hunter, but you never know WHEN they're going to show up.

If Valve doesn't diss the 360, it's going to be fantastic. They'll add levels, and such. To be honest, I think Valve, while trying to make it fair for "us" screwed us all over by not releasing ANYTHING for Team Fortress. If they do the same with Left 4 Dead, then I want to personally wander down to their offices and tea bag each person.

WHO IS THE GUY IN THE PICTURE. it's getting on my nerves, now. Grr.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
needausername said:
His voice sounded a bit weird... or was that just me. But still a good review, not as anger filled as normal though...
Oh thank God; your the first non-yahtzee fanboy i've seen.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
Well... to tell the truth, I think the difference between zombies and survivors is pretty good, but then again maybe I pay more attention. Never shot anyone aside from the time they jumped in front of me while I was busily shooting out the bad guys.

The Masked Donut

Aug 13, 2008
I was amazed he didn't make fun of the bit where after you get killed, you just end up locked in some random closet until your teammates rescued you. Bassically, the second before the zombies kill you, they seem to somehow carry you forward and lock you in a closet and give you a medkit.

Vicioussama

Jun 5, 2008
Man, I love this game. Sure it does have the repetitive factor after awhile, but I can't wait for the modding community to get in more and bring Dawn of the Dead mall, Shaun of the dead town, and much more!

Great review though.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I very much agree with his initial statement about co-op being that it's one person eating up half your health/ammo/etc (it was a laugh to my friend and I since that's what he does in most games).
Left 4 Dead is probably the first game to do a lot of things differently and better, the co-op as mentioned actually has a level of depth to it where you have to rely on your allies or you're boned, and certainly Zombie survival considering the bajillion mods for games which, most are half way decent, but this has been the best I've seen.

And it's true, you do see people pray to the Omnipotent AI director for health kits, guns and of course no team destroying tanks.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I think that Gordon Freeman is a great character! More characters should be MIT educated; more good rolemodels for today's gamer youth.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
off topic: Can any of those who got banned PM me about their incontrolable spasm of posting before you even have watched the video? Because, Im really curious to understand that very disturbing behavior of yours. Thank you in advance.

Back on topic, yeah just like everyone else I found the ''reeat-Hard'' part pretty funny AND I love L4D... BUT I believe it could be soOOoo much more than what it is at this moment. Buying this game on any other platform than the PC is really dumb IMO. Just think of what the comunity can do with this game... yummy.

PS: Sorry for my english, but it seems Im unable to formulate anything coherent today.

thetragicclown

May 29, 2008
The way he said "Apparently I'm a retard" at the end reminded me of British journalist and comedian Charlie Brooker, which is not all that surprising given Yahtzee's a self-confessed fan of his. I didn't notice any other difference in his voice. Maybe this cold I've got has messed up my hearing. :\

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
Great review, he has a great point about the versus mode, waiting 20 seconds sucks, and being a random thrall wouldn't unbalance the game, they're useless.

Coolspeedzero

Nov 12, 2008
Sweet review as always, I Agree that Left 4 dead is repetitive but seeing your friends screw up every time is hilarious. Some parts did feel like I was back in half life 2 with all the head crabs and zombies, but maybe that's the atmosphere valve likes.
But its a great game none the less.

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Ah, back on the wagon Yahtzee.

Sounds like Yahtzee is mellowing out a bit, can't say I blame him, cash and popularity can do that, but, he's still got it and no, zombie games need no further explanation besides "there are zombies".

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
Bwahaha Gerbil in a speedbag!! I'll be using that one more in conversation.
nice review. I reckon yahtzee's getting better again