Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

JoeNut

Aug 27, 2008
lol at the retard bit.

Sounds like a bit of a laugh that game, you didnt really explain the AI director thing enough for me to know what its all about but meh.

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Banok said:
This website is tird. why so many people get banned just for posting on ZP videos, jesus. the videos here rarely work also, I have to use IE over firefox (shudder). Yahtzee should find another place or just make his own site, imo.

about the video, it was funny and I liked it (is that ok with you mr. forum mod?). why does yahtzee talk about geeks as if he isn't one, I know for a fact he writes these reviews in his pirate costume.
Sigh, I don't know what tird is. But, the reason they were banned is because they posted a reply to a topic to which there was no way they reviewed the contents of the original post, i.e., the video posted in the link. You know running forums aren't free and I don't remember paying to create this account so they are under no obligation to keep anyone who would sit around Wednesday morning constantly smash reload/refresh dragging their forum servers down just so they can be the first to post within a quarter of a second of the thread's creation.

Frankly I've seen worse treatment of such happening for paid services, for instance, if you call and harass your phone company's customer service enough they will drop your phone service almost immediately because of how much it costs just to take that phone call over and over again. They would usually follow that by blacklisting your residence for a set time period so that you cannot opt to renew service there.

Oh, and Yahtzee's review, a gem as always.

nought_0

Sep 17, 2008
Ah, a good review. The boy's on form.
Personal favourite line is "The four unluckiest bastards in the entire holocaust."
I think he liked this one. The stentch of Zombies is strong with this one; he reeks of
Romero.

Say you love Zombies, Yahtzee.
SAY YOU LOVE LOVE ZOMBIES!!"E£"

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
So no one ever really answered my question. I can either assume that a)no one saw it or b)it's a stupid question that everyone else knows the answer to and doesn't want to tell me. Are there places to rent video games in Australia? If so, why does Yahtzee not use them instead of paying for each game? Is the rental time not long enough to get enough information for a review? Or is there some other reason?

Edit: Thanks Nought_0.

Tenma-Kun

Dec 11, 2008
Hey Yahtzee... I have a request for ya, why don't you try it on expert and see how far you get then... You'll probably love the way the AI Director butt rapes you without lube... looking forward to that review

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
the review was great as always, but why is it that in every zombie game all I need is a shotgun or a hunting rifle?

SanJ

Dec 11, 2008
Good review but i got the feeling the reviewer had a hard time admitting he liked the game :), Personaly after Left 4 Deads Release, I feel like parting with my hard end squids in one of the "rare" LAN gaming centres in London, this game is made for a LAN fest.
This Yahtzee guy needs to calm down a bit tho, he seems to get carried away in his reviews everytime an ethnic shows up.

nought_0

Sep 17, 2008
ManiacRaccoon said:
So no one ever really answered my question. I can either assume that a)no one saw it or b)it's a stupid question that everyone else knows the answer to and doesn't want to tell me. Are there places to rent video games in Australia? If so, why does Yahtzee not use them instead of paying for each game? Is the rental time not long enough to get enough information for a review? Or is there some other reason?

Sir/Madam,
Though I cannot answer your question about Australian games rental opportunities, I believe that Yahtzee has stated in previous reviews that The Escapist Pays for the Titles that he reviews. If he complains about the price, maybe he's thinking of those other folk in the colonies who have to buy all their own games due to having propper jobs.

Since you appear to have an internet connection, searching for on GOOGLE or ALTAVISTA for "game rental australia" may answer your other question.

boyitsme95

Feb 26, 2008
Great episode as always. Nothing like watching Yahtzee bash a game to get me through the awful week. Also, kudos on the bans. It helps the rest of us posters (I don't know about everyone else, but I'm allergic to LOL's and excessive exlemation marks).

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I would have got and played this along time ago upon release yet current barriers have left me without access to online gaming, be it over the PC or console. So the fact it seems this game actually has nailed the co-op zombie game element I've been complaining about the lack of for God knows how long, this clearly has SOD'S LAW written all of it...

Platinum117

Aug 15, 2008
Brilliant review, you can like a game and still be funny!
I haven't played this yet, but i may get it now. =)

ThorUK

Dec 11, 2008
Glad to see that some of your review actually come accross as if you've played the game itself...

The sarcasm over with, it was a rather amusing and critical review.

Good as always.

Oct 16, 2008
Ah! Much better then some of them lately. You didn't seem like being obnoxiously nit-picky was the only thing keeping you alive, so it was just you being entertaining while reviewing a game.

Alacar Leoricar

Aug 29, 2008
Yahtzee seems to sit a little on the fence about this one. He likes the game, yes, but it's really just a souped up mod by the Valve boys.

That being said, I love the game.

griffinith

Nov 12, 2008
Yahtzee has hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. This is more or less what I thought of the game. Unfortunately I usually have to play with only 1 other human player (due to the lack of internet/alternate 360), and at times in Expert, the human AI seems hellbent on getting the rest of the party killed. They wander off at odd times, decide not to shoot at others, and generally make terrible decisions on how to stay alive (IE: Not run away from the Tank. Just stand there shooting at it... Or deciding to startle the witch)

But if you are able to play with a full team of actual people, the game is quite hilarious. The general complaint from many people I play with is the lack of a melee weapon (machete, ax, crowbar, hammer, other things mentioned in the official zombie survival guide), however, you don't really need one, especially when playing on the harder difficulties, normal zombies die in about 4 hits, and the bigger ones you don't want to get near anyways.

I do wonder how long Yahtzee played the game, as there were very little references to many things in the game I would've considered irresistible, like any mention of the witch, burning tanks, shooting the cars with alarms in them.. Or having bitter teammates you accidentally shot.. many times.. til they died.