Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
My brother plays the same song on his saxophone that was playing alongside the eye-ass. Nice going with "Earhole" and "Cochlea"

Eternal-Blood

Apr 24, 2009
God I must sound like such a cynical gamer being able to agree with a lot of Yahtzee's reviews but I'm really not... I don't think. I guess I'm starting to do that to myself slightly by starting to become a bit more serious about gaming and actually critiquing for myself. Okay I will admit Little Big Planet is okay for 2 or more player game as I did find great amusement in watching others people die and getting them stuck on the opposite side of the screen after succesfully completing a puzzle myself. Other than that I think if I bought and had to play it on my own I'd find it insanely boring.

This must make me think why I bought a PS3 in the first place (saying that I am planning to buy a 360 in the future to broaden my expirience if nothing else) but I suppose its loyalty if nothing else. As the console wars stands there is always going to be some bias for people, and I guess mine is loyalty, being that a Playstation was my first console and it hasn't let me down since and I'm still banking on that.

Battle Medic

Sep 3, 2008
Evilbunny said:
I liked the part with the dancing. Although I disagree with his thoughts on user made content.
I concur. I can find great levels on a daily basis (perhaps because the community has had some time to warm up) and level packs are sure to lengthen the story mode buff's play time. Also, the eyeball dance thing makes me crack up every time.

Kholdgrave

Jul 11, 2008
I loved the dance. It is a strange sensation. Really did anyone feel hypnotized by that strange googly-eyed dance?

Either way, LBP has some good levels.

Best one I ever played was this sea level made by some japanese bloke. Fantastic experience.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I didn't really need to see you shaking your ass Yahtzee, don't ever show me that again. I assume that was your ass.
Anyway I completely agree with you regarding the user made content though, apparently whoever it is that on the LBP dev team who thinks that courting user made content is a good idea obviously hasn't been on the internet lately. Go to any website that allows people to share their "creativity",like say YouTube or any Fanfic site, for proof as to why user made anything is a BAD IDEA!! Using the imagery of the bud and flower, I think that anything the "buds" from the minds of most people tends burst forth into one of those haunted trees you see in animated Halloween movies for kids.

Mattteus

May 1, 2009
watching the dancing pants I found my head cocking to one side like a dog in a room full of clarinet players

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Little Big Planet was the first game I owned for the PS3 by way of a bundle pack for the console. The narrator's reassuring voice did make that jet black monolith somewhat "cute". They further ran along with this strategy by way of including the Bluray version of Wall-E in the aforementioned bundle pack. They aren't fooling anyone with their family friendly ploys, though.

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
Eternal-Blood said:
This must make me think why I bought a PS3 in the first place (saying that I am planning to buy a 360 in the future to broaden my expirience if nothing else) but I suppose its loyalty if nothing else. As the console wars stands there is always going to be some bias for people, and I guess mine is loyalty, being that a Playstation was my first console and it hasn't let me down since and I'm still banking on that.
As was mine, and I had me a fierce loyalty back in the Playstation 2 days... but when the three came out I was like... Ehhh... Sony... I don't know. The lack of adequate backwards compatibility is what killed it for me I think... and as far as blu-ray goes, I'm one of those belligerent people who don't jump on the new formats if it means I have to buy all of my crap again (I was all about VHS and cassette until I realized that there was less of a gamble with DVD and CD as to whether the player was going to pulverize my thing). Now my 2 has seen better days and I'll probably just buy another one. They would have had me sold if they'd have just made the PS3 backwards compatible.

As for the googly-eye pants... I'm just going to blame that on heat stroke and pretend it never happened... 0_0

AntimatterKING

Sep 2, 2009
I'm getting tired of people without the proper sense of a fucked-up mind trying to sound as if they're part of one of these reviews. I don't think I do it that well myself. But when someone goes from shitface to dickhead on the "obscure angry persons" ladder it's quite the annoyance when they try to impersonate Hitler's personal comedian. It's like trying to fit a black dick in one of those Asian plastic asses. It just WON'T WORK. Unless you're as fucked up in the head as myself and some of my friends are, trying to copy Yahtzee has about the same effect as licking a car battery. It's dangerous, and when done unsuccessfully makes you look like an epileptic 8-year-old with down syndrome. All in all, it's a stupid Idea.

scampied

Feb 28, 2010
Hahahaha i cant see why people complain about these reviews when he dises something they like, as u can see i play lbp and yeh it can be FUCKING anoying and im happy he reviewed it :3