Zero Punctuation: Lollipop Chainsaw

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
So its moderately fun to pass the time with but really just fluff to fill the void while waiting for better games around the corner..

got it.

and what's with all the rape references lately?

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
I laughed too hard at the 'quiiiiirkyyyyyyy' part.
Good review, though. I was surprised he managed to fill 6 minutes talking about a game this repetitive and empty.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Not liking the look of the game and reviews have helped support my decision not to buy it. That being said, I'm glad a studio is willing to do something a little different. Very funny review though! *unconvincing cough*

Quite looking forward to a review of the new Spiderman game as that has been receiving a fairly warm reception from critics too.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Am I the only one who didn't really have any problems with zombie baseball? Yeah, it was annoying but it didn't take me more then one try.

Also, the Armadillo Spin combo Yahtzee mentioned does tend to break the game a bit.

Overall, I liked the game a lot even if it was kinda shallow. Still, I would like to see Suda make something a bit more complex.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Word on the street is that Suda51 had very little to do with the production of Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw. Instead he stays at home doing "research."

And the person who was most hands on with Shadows of the Damned was Massimo Guarini not Shinji Mikami who apparently contributed very little.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Is it just me, or did Yahtzee sound a bit slower in his oration than usual, like he has a cold or something? I mention because him taking it slow, even if it's only a bit slower than usual, really does stand out and kind of ruin the whole rapid-fire comedy schtick.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
PureIrony said:
Is it just me, or did Yahtzee sound a bit slower in his oration than usual, like he has a cold or something? I mention because him taking it slow, even if it's only a bit slower than usual, really does stand out and kind of ruin the whole rapid-fire comedy schtick.
I noticed the exact same thing, it really threw off the video.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Another thing about the game is, they've turned things a bit on its head by LITERALLY objectifying the "male lead", Nick. Take it for whatever you want, but I think that's kinda clever.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I didn't have much fun with this game. The setting and character never quite engaged, but more than that the combat, which is 90% of the experience, just wasn't that satisfying.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
This is still on my "must buy" list. But only when it's cheaper on Amazon. I've been hearing mixed pros and cons about the game and I enjoy playing Suda 51 games (too bad I never played Shadow of the Damned).

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
PureIrony said:
He talked about this I think in an Extra Punctuation last year, where he said that he always get a cold around this time in the summer.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Just what kind of world has a family that are zombie hunters by trade? You know, besides one that obviously suffers from zombie attacks A LOT!

It also worries me that the best zombie hunter around in this place is a ditzy blond air-headed high school cheerleader with a chainsaw. BTW, I can't stand the ditzy air-head types, so I definitely will not be playing this game.

Also did anyone else find Yahtzee hard to hear in this video?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I like Suda 51's humor so i defiantly want give this a play either renting it or buying it a year down the line, good review and all that.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
*waves hands*
FAN SERVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!
What's sexier? An airhead, scantly clad cheerleader or a rainbow colored chainsaw?

The one that stops making noise when you put it down.
Well if done right...

both

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
"Your faithful student,
Yahtzee Croshaw"

Yeah, when I saw trailers for this, I was indifferent. And then I came across a thread where someone was asking if this game was ruining the industry. My response was that games like Lollipop Chainsaw are really just the B-movies and pulp novels of video games. People consume them because they provide simple stimuli without any attempt at pretense. And while I don't consume those things, I have no problem with them existing. If you can make money by making a game that has no purpose other than to pander to the desires of the lowest common denominator and can do so without trying to claim your work is supposed to be a fine example of art, then more power to you.

Captcha is "goody gumdrop." The name of my ridiculous zombie-killing game will now be "Gumdrop Weed-Whacker."

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Heh, googling this game doesn't even seem to bring up a wiki entry...sad.

Ok, it does, if you stick wiki in the search terms.

ZP reviewing it came in at number 4.