Zero Punctuation: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

ex275w

Mar 27, 2012
Enlong said:
Anyway, this was a pretty fun review. I figured he'd have some nice things to say about it, since his review of Luigi and Luigi: Luigi's Inside Story told us pretty well his opinion on the second of the two Mario Brothers.
Maybe Nintendo saw those reviews and made 2013 the year of Luigi so they can sway Yahtzee over to his side, Nintendo will gain Yahtzee's trust and then... one night, while Yahtzee is asleep, Nintendo will knife him. After that they'll release New Super Mario Bros. 3,4,5,6,7,8 and make Link to the Past 3,4,5,6,7.

So what I'm saying is I hope Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will be an enjoyable game and I hope Yahtzee enjoys it.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
Damn you Yahtzee. Now I really want a Yorkie bar.
Still not sold on the 3ds though.

Anyone in the UK want to mail me a Yorkie?
Arrangements could be made *puts on a top hat and mustache* how much of your soul are you willing to sell me?

I had a feeling this one would fly by Yahtzee's critical spectrum wearing a 'I survived' T-Shirt.
Not many people I've spoken to dislike it. And especially those who didn't even place the first one. They're surprised this is a sequel.

Edit: hit the wrong quote button that first time.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
TheKasp said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Also, I wished Yahtzee would review Fire Emblem: Awakening, but its a little late for that, would have been interesting to see what he thought of it.
Is it? It released only last week in EU, do you know when the australian release date was?

Edit: Just checked: 20th April. It could be in one of the upcoming episodes.
I honestly hope he does review it. I've already bought the game on release, beaten it a few times, and messed around with some DLC, but I would like to see his take on it since he normally hates JRPG's.

The game isn't perfect though, I know he would point out the dick move of an enemy spawning and moving the same turn.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
ex275w said:
Enlong said:
Anyway, this was a pretty fun review. I figured he'd have some nice things to say about it, since his review of Luigi and Luigi: Luigi's Inside Story told us pretty well his opinion on the second of the two Mario Brothers.
Maybe Nintendo saw those reviews and made 2013 the year of Luigi so they can sway Yahtzee over to his side, Nintendo will gain Yahtzee's trust and then... one night, while Yahtzee is asleep, Nintendo will knife him. After that they'll release New Super Mario Bros. 3,4,5,6,7,8 and make Link to the Past 3,4,5,6,7.

So what I'm saying is I hope Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will be an enjoyable game and I hope Yahtzee enjoys it.
They'd make Link To The Past 3 before making Link To The Past 2? Impressive.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I think I'm too tired because I seem to have missed all those erotic jokes in this video that everyone keeps talking about.

OT:
I was a bit skeptic before buying a 3ds but it has quite a lot of games now that I want to play and I'm pretty happy with it (though my hand really does hurt sometimes when using it for a while).

Smogger

Nov 8, 2010
Now that he's reviewing Nintendo games, why not Fire Emblem or (better yet) Soul Hackers?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
McMarbles said:
*looks out window, sees pigs flying*

Hmm, Yahtzee must've been given something from Nintendo for a good review.
Yes. They gave him a GOOD game to review.
It happens more than people say. Get a net set up for next time, and you can have pork wings.;)

Sqrt(-1)

Jul 12, 2012
I remember playing the first Luigi's Mansion when I was 7 and being too afraid to finish it. I finally played through it 2 years ago and loved it. This is now on my buy list.

Also, Yahtzee isn't the only one to make homoerotic jokes.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/04/03

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Enlong said:
ex275w said:
Enlong said:

They'd make Link To The Past 3 before making Link To The Past 2? Impressive.
They're already making LTTP 2.

OT: Anyone else notice that the offshoot Mario games are the best ones? Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario(barring Sticker Star). All superior to the main series.

Also, was that a compliment towards Nintendo consoles in order to make a dig at the others for their social network components? Yahtzee, you sly devil.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Smogger said:
Now that he's reviewing Nintendo games, why not Fire Emblem or (better yet) Soul Hackers?
Call it a hunch, but I imagine he would hate Awakening.
A lot.

Awakening has the meat of a good game, but where it fails, it fails hard.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Wait a minute... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER IN A NINTENDO GAME? One that isn't necessarily competitive? (see: Mario Kart and Smash Bros)

*SIGH* If only the 3DS wasn't so allegedly difficult to hold and demeaning to play on in a public setting as a 20-something-year-old, I would buy it for this game and Super Mario 3D Land (or Super Mario Bros. 3 in 3D, more like). Heck, I'd even sort-of want to get its Lego City, DKC Returns, Sonic Racing, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Fire Emblem games!

pottyaboutpotter1

Mar 3, 2013
Gosh. How homoerotic. Luigi isn't exactly an orthodox choice of a man crush in Video Games but I can see the appeal. Dat mustache.