Zero Punctuation: MadWorld

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
sethzard said:
another brutal ripping of the wii, well done, it deserves all the shit it gets
Heard that. I wish they would make all games available for Gamecube controllers also, or at least something else than the Wii Remote. I'd even go with a N64 controller, despite it's unpractical, uncool, stupid shape (although I guess they needed a way to fit all the buttons there)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Spectacle Fighter? Hm, sounds like a good name for that genre.

Plus, if I want to kill things with spectacle, I'll go play Team Fortress 2 and use explosives to reduce people to giblets.

That said, well done, Yahtzee, you have again de-bleakened another Wednesday.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
The Wii deserves more than minigame compilations. Doesn't have to be a bloodfest, but it does deserve more.

the_bruce

Apr 15, 2009
I thought this game looked rather damp-pants the first time I saw it on a shelf. It being on the Wii only exacerbates it's God-awful pooeyness.
The cell shading thing doesn't help.

I enjoyed the review though, it kept me giggling for a few minutes (which is just about as happy as I'm going to get until I can go home and have a wank).

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Why isn't this showing up for me? Tried on Firefox, tried on Chrome, doesn't work at all.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Nice, and I agree with you, the only thing that makes the game popurlar is that it is a violent game on the Wii.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Mmmmm! Pedigree Chum :3...
...What were we talking about? Well anyways, nice review, I probably will keep laughing for an hour or so :p

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I expected this one. And I agree with you. No lets bring out the games which are really funny to review. An embarrisingly bad game, or a suprisingly funny good game, not these strange "Okay" games.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Sounds like I have no need to complain about the lack of a release here (nonetheless, FUCK YOU SEGA) or the botched PAL conversion the rest of the territory gets (how the hell do you manage to make a game in 2009 that slows down for 50Hz mode and does not support 60Hz at all?) but then again I knew I wouldn't have to ever since I played No More Heroes and figured out that stylish, gore-driven beat 'em ups are no fun to me anyway and NMH didn't even have waggle on the regular attacks. Then again I should probably have figured that out by the time I played God of War on the PS2 and noticed that it applies to ALL beat 'em ups.

I don't really get why he complains about the game being on the Wii though, the system would hardly be a "casual gaming system" if it had more good core games so saying it shouldn't get them kinda makes that a self-fulfilling prophecy, no?

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Holy crap, 15 minutes and we're already on the second page.

Good review as always. I doubt this game would have gotten near as much attention if it was released on the PS3/360/PC.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Aye the Wii is a console that will try to boast about a violent game more than a animal rights activist would try to save the last tiger in the world.

Syntax Man

Apr 8, 2008
Funny as always, but I must say that Yahtzee seems to always pick on the Wii itself a lot. Especially considering the massive exaggeration present with his complaints about the motion sensor. Come on, it works pretty well and the delay between 'input' and game registry is only a fraction of a second.

Although I do agree that it does tend to get more boring towards the end of the game.