Zero Punctuation: MadWorld

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Enlong said:
Eternal Vigil said:
Hmm...Madworld was my hope for a mature audience on the Wii, along with HOTD and the Conduit later this year.

There's so few games on it that I'd want to play on it, I think I have to agree with Yahtzee and hope developers give up on the system and focus on the other two for the mature audiences.
Oh yes, that's the right idea. There are developers who have been pumping out a lot of mediocre games for the Wii, so the right idea is for developers of good games to just stop trying, and let the mediocre developers run the place while they retreat to the 360 and PS3. Yeah. That makes total sense.
That's pretty much the logic of Nintendo hatedom. They take it as a personal affront whenever the Wii gets a good game.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
DMPhantom said:
You have to admit he's right, having a ultra-violent game on the WII is like trying to show Ultimate Fighting on Nick for Kids, it's just not going to fly.
It seemed to work for No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4...Maybe not as violent as MW but still major earners of their M ratings.

Poptart Fairy

Jan 31, 2008
Sylocat said:
persecuted by a mythical endless army of Nintendo fanboys, who are apparently much worse than every other type of fanboy for some arbitrary reason.
Ironically enough, this 'mythical' army has popped up in the thread spearheaded by yourself. lols.

FelixofMars

Oct 31, 2007
Madworld was one of my next games to play on the Wii and I even had a pre-order. Fortunately I saw a YouTube clip of someone playing it showing their frenzied waggling and how detached from the game it was and thought I would pass and cancelled my pre-order. My Wii still lies in unplugged pieces next to all my other consoles.

elmaxx

Oct 2, 2008
The balloon analogy, trully brilliant. And note to self, never ever drink something while watching yahtzee's reviews. It's bad for the monitor.

Eternal Vigil

Apr 1, 2009
Enlong said:
Eternal Vigil said:
Hmm...Madworld was my hope for a mature audience on the Wii, along with HOTD and the Conduit later this year.

There's so few games on it that I'd want to play on it, I think I have to agree with Yahtzee and hope developers give up on the system and focus on the other two for the mature audiences.
Oh yes, that's the right idea. There are developers who have been pumping out a lot of mediocre games for the Wii, so the right idea is for developers of good games to just stop trying, and let the mediocre developers run the place while they retreat to the 360 and PS3. Yeah. That makes total sense.
I love the use of sarcasm there.

To me the Wii is dead. There a few games that still give me very faint hope for the system, but I feel it was a waste of my money, as I barely use it.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Poptart Fairy said:
Sylocat said:
persecuted by a mythical endless army of Nintendo fanboys, who are apparently much worse than every other type of fanboy for some arbitrary reason.
Ironically enough, this 'mythical' army has popped up in the thread spearheaded by yourself. lols.
Me and what army? :p

In all seriousness, I'm just tired of the majority pretending to be a persecuted minority.

lumpenprole

Apr 15, 2009
You know what's good? Pedigree Chums with Branston Pickle. Mmmmmm....

(Disclaimer: I have not had either of these products)

Barrelroller

Apr 15, 2009
I thought the whole point of Mad World was that it was supposed to be a game inducing regression in the minds of teens. To that end, it seems to work pretty well. The onomatopoeia is fucking awesome though.

But the way he went "fuck you" at the presupposed sarcastic rebuttals frightened me. That's some unbridled, passionate hate right there.

Last but not least I'd love to see him alternate the hatred with some good lovins' and as modern gaming Jesus bestow upon us what is righteous to play and what is not. But seriously, I'm genuinely curious as to what this man thinks a good game make.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Ha!
"...the fuckers repeat themselves more than an amnesiac in a ear hospital"
is absolutely hilarious.

"Where am I?"
"What"

xD

Jepix

Mar 26, 2009
I'd recomend everyone to read the escapist review on MadWorld, as it explains exactly why it's at it's best on the wii.

Also, it's tiresome to see the fans masturbate to every new ZP opinion. He's not going to bone you.

Phanto

Apr 15, 2009
Ugh, I can't hold it anymore.

I really believe Yahtzee is a smart man, but come on... making games on wii just because nintendo gives money ? Nintendo giving money ? Are you kidding ?

MadWorld certainly isn't the best game to use wiimote - I still find it more entertaining than a button masher though, but maybe that's just me. But why do you want it on another console ? What's the problem with creating a new visual style because of the console's limitations, isn't *this* supposed to be creativity, rather than generic UE3/dirt brown/HD cel-shading ?

The reason I still like the wii is because it's limitations force developers to imagine ways to cleverly use their possibilities. No more heroes did it and I believe MadWorld also does it. There sure is a lot of crap on this console, but it's the only one where I can expect rare games like these... and unlike platinum's upcoming Devil May Cry clone, with angels instead of demons and Sarah Palin replacing Dante/Nero.

So please, developers, continue to support it... I know nintendo is ruled by morons and that gamers will love you more for making games for more powerful machines, but that doesn't means these games will be any better. Dare experimenting, christ !

:mad:

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
xqxm said:
Haha, nice. I dislike the departure from funny slaughter of a game to serious reviewing you seem to have taken though.
So I'm not the only one that's noticed.
Sometimes lately I can't even tell if he likes it or not. I much prefer when he tore apart every game in a funny manner not to mention that when he does like a game, it's always some steaming pile of crap like No More Heroes.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
My Wii's controls are just fine. I think Yatzee just needs to change his batteries or reposition his sensor bar...

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I have to admit, my suspicions about this game were raised when I saw dozens of brand new copies in Gamestation at a big discount less than a month after release.

*shrug*