Zero Punctuation: Mass Effect

GustavB

Nov 28, 2007
Wookiee, two e's.

Great review! I was thinking you'd have to review Mass Effect sooner or later!

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
It took a while but it delivered the crush I was hoping for. I've never been convinced by this game, maybe that's just me being a JRPG loving fag though.

Mashakosha

Sep 7, 2007
I quite like Mass Effect and I wasn't really bothered by any of the things you mentioned.
Strangely enough, I absolutely hated KotOR.

Hellgiver

Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, don't worry Yahtzee, you didn't miss much on the side quests. They keep reusing the same battle areas over and over again. There are a couple of unique ones, but it is pretty rare. Anyways, I loved the game just because it reminded me so much of KOTOR. Since I know how much you wanted to be evil in Fable, were you renegade? There are some actually funny scenes with some of the renegade responses. And you were lucky if you didn't come across the vast number of glitches in the game. That was what annoyed me more than anything else.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Fantastic review. Xmas will probably get in your way next week. Another reason to hate that bloody holyday .. I thought I had most of them down by now.

Kamigaro

Dec 19, 2007
I'm a great fan of BioWare and as I don't own a 360 I've been hoping for a PC port of Mass Effect since day one, yet even with my RPG fanaticism strongly intact, your dislike of B^Uckley has driven me madly in love with you.

Alphazero

Nov 28, 2007
Sounds like I'll like it then. Not only am I a sucker (clarification: not gay) for the virtual boobies, but any game where there's incremental improvements in the characters abilities through repetitive action really floats my boat. This is probably why I'm a programmer.

cattypat

Oct 31, 2007
If there's one game to cause the red ring of death on your 360, its mass effect obsession.
I get the feeling he enjoyed this game too much so had to bring out the thesaurus to find the right words. As usual though great metaphores and some very nitty picking.
I'm sure he prefered it over halo 3!

Lim-Dul

Sep 13, 2007
I don't know if I'm just in a good mood or if this was really one of the funniest ZPs to date. :-D

YeOldeMunger

Nov 28, 2007
Great review, and excellent hate of CtrlAltDel, that guy really needs help with the removal of his head from his arse.