Zero Punctuation: Max Payne 3

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Max Payne 3

The game went down with practiced bravado. Yellow backgrounds crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding.

Watch Video

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
If max's icon were fatter, if could pass for me!

Cause I'm self shaved with a beard...

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Totally agree with the lack of a likeable character in Max, I honestly didn't understand his appeal in the previous games. He's such an emo wanker.

Anyway, that was partly the reason I didn't buy the game, as the interesting setting had also gone, leaving nothing new.

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Hmm. I'll still take a look at it. Should have some fun playing with my brother, because considering my luck I'm virtually guaranteed to screw up the slow-motion bits quite spectacularly.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
The story was a bit weak considering how much time they had to work on it. And what the fuck was up with all the twitchy triple image shit that took place every 5 fucking seconds?

Other than that the game isn't half bad.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Is rather odd that they decided to turn him into the dark and edgy thing he is now since he a bit of an odd ball when he first started out.

Yahtzee is pretty much Max Payne now, both are grumpy, cynical and can fly at people in super slow mo while filling them full of bullets.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
So to summerise, he likes the actual game, but thinks the shit surrounding it is a bit meh.

That's a recomendation to me.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Clearly, some villains did not get the memo we've been circulating for quite some time [http://legendspbem.angelfire.com/eviloverlordlist.html]...

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
You mean you don't moan and complain about how you fuck everything up by getting a split while bowling?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FUCKS UP THE SHOTDODGE!

He's such a dark drunk they should call him Max Stout.
Pretty sure that everyone does. The main issue is that I see people trying to shootdodge with shotguns and AKs.

It works best with SMGs, not quite as bad with handguns, but god help you if you try to shootdodge with a two handed weapon. GOD HELP YOU.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This game really could've been so good if it wasn't so bad, obnoxious, and broken.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
I actually thought that the story started to become really colurfull till the end . When Max shaves his head its an instant IM awesome moment who came pretty fast .And every line he says is pure gold atleast to me . The soft voice of max is a relief from the grumpy military commando yeling "Comon" or "Move , Move , MOve " .

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ah, so it's another one of those stories where the main antagonist hires the main protagonist to stop all the bad stuff he's trying to carry out from some whacked out bizarro reason.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
JokerboyJordan said:
Totally agree with the lack of a likeable character in Max, I honestly didn't understand his appeal in the previous games. He's such an emo wanker.

Anyway, that was partly the reason I didn't buy the game, as the interesting setting had also gone, leaving nothing new.
Welcome to the genre of Film Noir

Nico4

Dec 24, 2008
I thought the game was amazing, but I can't blame him for not liking Max. His depressed ramblings perfectly represents a broken and depressed guy, who feels like he has nothing going for him, other than his job.

I will say though, there was a reason why Max were meant to be the fall guy. I don't know the spoiler tag, so until then, I won't say a lot. Seems like someone didn't find most of the clues, or thought much about some of the characters.