Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Oh my god the part with hostage and the air support NPCs was preety hilarious. The best so far. And yeah, we would sincerely miss him.

Splitter

Jul 10, 2008
Definitely the best in a while.
Doesn't beat Alone in the Dark though, that was too funny!

Cyberionius

Oct 1, 2008
Well DOne! Another masterful review. I had the same thing happen to me with the helipad, and i called in 5 more just to see it happen again.

BTW, ur right, i would miss u if you were gone.

juraigamer

Sep 3, 2008
Yes, fix those damn airstrikes and slap a patch over those bugs "BEFORE" release and you have a good game... instead its what he said

airsoftmanic

Aug 6, 2008
i had to sell mercs 2 for the simple fact that mercs 1 was better and when the precursor is better than the current one that shows something about the game devs.
and the fact that the world in flames mode (or cheat mode to people who dont know) is not availible on 360 or PS3 was the final nail in the coffin. they had made it, included it in the PS2 version but couldnt be bothered putting it into the versions that actually matter and wanted more money so made it DLC and will obviously want money for it.
mercs 2 = epic fail.....but it was fun at points :)

Lupie

May 14, 2008
Mmm, delicious. Thank you! I have to say, I'm not a stranger to the "Yippee, tanks" factor. I ...may have done that a lot on GTA, but who didn't? Fuckin' tanks!

Praelanthor

Jun 2, 2008
"I LIEK YOU, YOU LIEK ME? I LIKE SEX IT"S NIACE"

sublime as always you charismatic stallion and yes i find quick time events just insulting now.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Ah, greatness. I've seen one previous review for Mercs 2 before this one and it shares the same problem as Army of Two did - which is that once I actually saw the game in action, all interest I had in it went straight out the window.

Based on this review I kind of want to rent Mercenaries 2 for the laughs, but I don't need yet another 360 game where I've unlocked 20 achievement points and then watched the bloody title sink down my games playlist in the fashboard until it's nestled in on top of Chromehounds and the arcade game that came preinstalled on my hard drive.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
I thought that Mercenaries 2 was good, it better than the original anyway. The part with the Hostage remebering you and walking off the building was priceless in the review.

I can't wait for next weeks review, your videos are the big highlight of my week Yahtzee.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
I think something went wrong. There are about 8 duplicates of this thread.

Mercenaries 2 has a fun concept. Lots of blowing stuff up, freedom, tons of vehicles.. but it is realized so poorly......

He's completely right. The "support operative" is a whiny constantly nagging Australian accented chick that reminds you every 2 minutes to come to the PMC if you're lost and need suggestions. And I used either an overpowered Fuel Air RPG to blow up tanks.. or I'd just run up to it, do some button mashing and presto; another tank in my hands.

Repetition, poor controls and implementation, bad voice acting and complete frustration on the last levels (yes you're still on your own.. Oh surely I can handle 50 Strykers with miniguns humping on my leg?) AND horrible glitches, bugs and missing features turn this into .. a rather shit game.