Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

Xyzgon

Jul 2, 2008
Wow that was fantastic. That was actually the first ZP in a while that truly made me laugh out loud. To think I was actually hoping you wouldn't review this. Well done.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Meh. I'll probably still buy this game just out of respect of that awesome song from the commercials.

Brilliant review by the way.

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
Great review as always, must admit this game dissapointed me, from the actual design of the display case to the broken gameplay, the original is much better which is a shame as it was such a promising start.

burnside65

Apr 29, 2008
Holy shit, that was the funniest review in months, AND there were no ads! What more could you ask for?

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
It's funny how varied people's opinions of Mercs2 are. I personally like it, in that I think it's fun. Sure, it's fucked up, repetetive missions, dumbass AI, and of course it has to be the glitchiest game I've ever heard of. But it still manages to be fun, especially playing coop with a friend. You've got to try coop.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
It's because they are too busy advertising their film festival (fingers crossed FTW)

But I think this is truly back to form for Mr Croshaw... Good job

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
lol, he called airstrikes useless, I guess it's safe to say "You're doing it wrong!"

Anyway, this one was funny, and since the game is pretty much broken it doesn't really matter what is said about it.

Unreal Freak354

Oct 1, 2008
yea this game was good... for this first day then it just got repetitive really quick for some reason, i had hopes for this game but i was sadly disapointed.

probly going to beat it get most of the achievements and trade it in to get get Far Cry 2 and Fable 2.

and that's another thing the achievements im missing like 7 achievements that i should have already gotten like tattooed millionaire (have 1 million dollars) i have 10 million and still don't have it. WTF!?

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
yay! your funny again! I like you actually review games now, instead of spewing mindless bullshit.

Archetype

Oct 1, 2008
Haha! I'm glad to see you comment on the AI like that. You made some concrete statements there.

darkeasterbunny

Jul 11, 2008
Bit sad he didn't go into the bugs a bit more, cause it's buggy like hell

You hijack a boat (ok), then you decide you don't want it (still ok) you push the button to exit the vehicle... and suddenly your standin in the cabin. It was amusin for 2 seconds since it's the only way to ever be able to walk around in the cabin.....just sad you can't get out..EVER!
A helicopter lands on your head (huh) suddenly you stand in it and can't get out

But i liked it, better then part one... more to blow up, and who cares the mission are repetetive, i had loads of fun annihalatin one outpost after another...

if they got rid of the bugs, slightly more different missions and did somethin bout that aim, improved the sound part.. it would have been great

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
I actually love the game with its pointless destruction, funny bugs, sticking C4 on moving buses and badly placed one liners like falling 200feet and your character will say "Just a scratch."