Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

FSK405K

Apr 21, 2008
Thank you Yahtzee for removing those horrible ads and other crap at the end no one ever watched. Could we get some more Intro Sequence Theater?

Archetype

Oct 1, 2008
FSK405K post=6.72937.779462 said:
Thank you Yahtzee for removing those horrible ads and other crap at the end no one ever watched. Could we get some more Intro Sequence Theater?
I don't think he put those there.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
I found Mercenaries 2 to be very Funny and Destructive in most cases, but to be honest I don't know why people would complain about it having a Story to it because games like this don't have a Story. Plus you left out the Devestator "AKA the pink bike".

Also if you were implying that Saints Row sucked for most reasons then I dont blame you, but if your smart like me you would know that they were setting you up to have doub't for Saints Row 2, yet when it comes out on the 16 you will find it to be the best game you ever played.

BTW, open world games are the future and we should be looking foward to them.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Nothing as instantly memorable as "hammer of wank" was (or maybe that's just me), but good nontheless.

ZP is actually one of the more consistent video series on the Internet. Which isn't saying much, but it is a genuine compliment.

ShyHulud

Jul 9, 2008
Excellent, as always - I'm curious about 3:42 too - is your flatmate doing something untoward in the background?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I think Yahtzee delivers his best reviews depending on the material he has in hand. This is a clear example of it.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
For the first time in about a month I haven't been sat with my laptop waiting for the video to get uploaded (I went to see Dylan Moran live tonight! Awesome) And from people freaking out that the video was 15 minutes late, it's maybe for the best.

Great review, awesome humour (as always) and an even better call losing the 6 minute advert at the end of it all.

Not that I ever watched more than 1 of them, but looking at the time line and seeing how much ZP I'm going to actually get seems a lot more honest.

Now all that's left is getting rid of the new theme music and going back to the wonderful weekly choices :p

Take it easy.

TheZaius

May 7, 2008
Niiice, no ads. Additionally, this review is the funniest yet. I guess it's because the game is sorta like some of the older games that have been reviewed, I don't know. Reminds me of Army of Two.

CriMs0nC0bra

Feb 22, 2008
The past few reviews were a bit dry on humor and I thought maybe you had hired someone new to write your jokes.. but this was a great one and has me fully interested again.

ALSO.. Am I the only one who wants the old intros back, where yahtzee put in his own music? The new intro is okay but, meh.. I liked the old ones.
Shouldn't have said that.. Now they'll never come back.

Anyway, good to have you back in prime Yahtzee. Looking forward to next week.

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
Gotta love how every new video is a "return to form".

A *little* disappointed more time wasn't spent pondering the peculiar design decision to hire 200 voice actors to all say just 5 lines, meaning you hear the same crap repeatedly, but in several different voices.

Can't wait for the inevitable Force Unleashed vid.
I assume Yahtzee is phyching himself up for it. Or was that what all the George Lucas hating in recent times was for?

Aw hell, Lucas is the new Ben Affleck, you don't even NEED a reaso to hate him anymore, just the fact he still exists is enough.

El Mexicutioner

Jun 11, 2008
The best part of the whole review, was the fact that there no Ad's at the end of it! :eek:

...and it was still pretty awesome review as always.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Ah, a return to 'Old Yahtzee' it would seem

I am very happy, this was awesome.

steveo_justice

Apr 4, 2008
Spot bloody on, mate!

He's right, if you want to get past the surface shittiness of the game, it's pretty great. I think a lot of the games are actually a lot better than he reveiws them,jsut Yahtzee figured out after about his second interveiw that saying nice things = bad ratings.

After all, everybody loves a good train wreck (which is both the premise of the reveiws and Merc2's gameplay mechanic).

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha. Heheh. ... Ha. ... ... ... Hoo, that was a barrel of laughs and chuckles about a game I've never heard of. Nice.