Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

Slingback78

Apr 16, 2008
Nice to see the ads have been cut back to a few relevant seconds at the end...where they can be safely ignored.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Ha, very good review this week.
Yahtzee avoids trying to intentionally piss off some group of gamers, and win insues.
Nice to have old Yahtzee back.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Man, I loved today's episode! Especially the platoon/hostage parts.

Good work Mr. Croshaw!

justdan

Jan 28, 2008
Great timing. Fucking hilarious. In fact, this is my favorite so far. Never before have I laughed so much. Perhaps it has something to do, however, with the 5 or 10 (I can't remember) whiskey+coke's I've had tonight in a vain attempt to forget about my pathetic existence. Well, whatever; laughed constantly, great job, and it is true: I would miss you if you were gone.

dave.k

Mar 7, 2008
Anti-helicopter scones, FTW!! Now that would be a great weapon to add to an FPS.

Excellent review as always. I shall never again see in the same way, a wooden box of rockets lying by the road.

Toss away the generic theme song, bring back the theme songs with the witty association! They make the reviews much more special.

TheTemby

May 29, 2008
TheHecatomb post=6.72937.778047 said:
And this game does suck balls.
Yeah but its sounds fun tho, who doesnt like blowing stuff up!
Gta 4 was a peice o shit and we all had fun torturing dimitri over it so s'all good

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
QUNT - now that's special spelling.

one wonders if the real mercenaries (the American people) realise they're to be called up to shoot their own comrades, on the streets of USA in the name of martial law [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2008/10/mexamericanada.html]? Remember, the instantaneous pressure differential of those spectacular airstrikes dissolve your innards to mushy wushy if you stand too close - they don't tell you that in this entertaining urban-warfare recruitment package either.

redivivus

Oct 2, 2008
I would miss you if you went away, you amuse me greatly and the animations are delightful. And that does seem to be the definition of terrorism these days, 'tis a pity.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
Woohoo! I got what I wanted!

Mercs 2 is like 300 to my mind. Even I can see how horribly flawed it is, but that doesn't stop it being mindless fun. The day I grow tired of sticking C4 onto a motorbike, jumping it off a cliff, leaping off said bike and detonating it as it slams into the side of a Hummer is the day I have become and old and boring bastard... or possibly the day I've unlocked the MOAB.

Georgie2x4

Oct 1, 2008
Pretty funny review, I thought Merc2 was ok, it didn't really do anything to "wow" me. Im always surprised when Yahtzee can so easily fit phrases like "dick pavlova" into a review.

Keep up the good work!

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Russian Redneck post=6.72937.780349 said:
yourkie1921 post=6.72937.779624 said:
Please, no more MMO's.
Fuck, man! Since when has it mattered what kind of game Yahtzee reviews? Honest to Pete.
I tend not to like his MMO reviews as much as I like the other ones and for every MMO yahtzee reviews 10% of the escapist leaves.

Bootang

Oct 2, 2008
Haha great review as per usual. Oh by the way, love that you let Octale and Hordak use your NOOOOO attack, awesom dude!

anti_strunt

Aug 26, 2008
Wait, where the hell are my ads? I specifically come here for the ads. How else am I suppose to know what to buy? Now I feel cheated.

And confused.

And afraid...

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
lol, FFXI does that whole "Stockpile" thing. Every job-class in the game has its own special ability that you get at level 1. This ability is known as a "two-hour" ability because of its ridiculously long cooldown timer of 2:00:00. Of course, it's not often people use these because it's stockpiled, and in the cases it's really necessary, no one seems to use them anyway, because you just don't remember they exist.