Zero Punctuation: Metroid Other M

CynicalMarcus

Jul 27, 2010
Lordofthesuplex said:
CynicalMarcus said:
luckey said:
sorry yahtzee, bob's argument makes more sense to me in this case then your does, so it looks like i'm gonna get this one
http://screwattack.com/videos/TGO-Episode-40-Heavens-to-Metroid
Oh, you mean the argument that attempts to validate a bullshit fan theory of Samus having post traumatic stress disorder? So I guess you'd prefer excusing away bad writing than holding the shit writer accountable for it?

Thanks for not having a spine, kiddo.
And thank you for reminding me why I constantly ***** about Yahtzee to begin with: Because he spawns more soulless douchebags like you.
I'm soulless for calling shit writing out as shit writing? I never even MENTIONED Croshaw, and this is the first time I've posted in the ZP area. Feel free to take that baseless assumption and cram it, kiddo.

Fact of the matter is that Bob Chipman is a biased individual. A glorified console fanboy. He took an otherwise excellent show in The Game Overthinker, and the minute he went to Screwattack turned it into a show about pandering to the obsessive retro gamers. The entire episode of Heavens to Metroid is essentially the diatribe of a man who is staunchly defending a game that he knows has a crappy story because he enjoys the gameplay, and feels the need to defend Nintendo.

News flash: Nintendo doesn't need defending. They've made dozens of classic games that we've all enjoyed, but they need to be held accountable for their mistakes. Right and wrong do exist, and there are no sacred cows. You need to grow a spine too.

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
epsilon246 said:
He was on a planet WHEN IT BLEW UP! He was deader than dead by this point, he was only still alive through federation cloning.
Which differs from all the other times he's been dead only in a trifling matter of degrees. In most Metroid games he explodes, in Prime 3 he is actually completely disintegrated, and he still comes back for Super Metroid.
When phazon is invloved nothing makes sense, and a planet blowing up is more than a few degrees! Have you played super metroid? The explosion was gigantic. Samus says in the begining Ridley was gone without trace and that she believed it was over. In the article in which a veteren suffers from ptsd watched the scene he said that barbeques cause him to have attacks now but he still has them every so often. Samus has ptsd; this is cannon she can fight it if she's ready, like that veteran, she can fight it and battle. But she wasn't ready to fight ridley and that is why she panict (why can't i spell that right now?).

FuQ Halo

Aug 11, 2010
As usual, thanks for the good laughs. I couldn't believe that they were even making yet another one of these games. If I might request in one of the upcoming reviews you pick a game that "has to potential to not suck." Or should I spend my time searching for Narnia?

ctf1990

Jan 26, 2009
Yea I preemptively took Yahtzee's advice and just played Metroid Prime again instead. Except without the hooker banging my head with a car door part :/

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
epsilon246 said:
When phazon is invloved nothing makes sense, and a planet blowing up is more than a few degrees! Have you played super metroid? The explosion was gigantic. Samus says in the begining Ridley was gone without trace and that she believed it was over. In the article in which a veteren suffers from ptsd watched the scene he said that barbeques cause him to have attacks now but he still has them every so often. Samus has ptsd; this is cannon she can fight it if she's ready, like that veteran, she can fight it and battle. But she wasn't ready to fight ridley and that is why she panict (why can't i spell that right now?).
But why does she have PTSD now? Why did she show no trace of it the other times she fough Ridley? As someone else said it would make sense if Ridley got PTSD but Samus has killed Ridley so many times now it should be virtually routine for her. I mean how would people react if Batman suddenly started whimpering and crying when he see the Joker?

I thin the main reason people are angry is that Samus has always historically been used in debates to show that Videogames aren't misogynistic, but after Other M that arguement doesn't hold up.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Lordofthesuplex said:
Nomanslander said:
Moviebob would like it because it's not an FPS and it's an exclusive Wii title, asking him what he thinks is like asking this guy what he would think:

If MovieBob is a Nintendo Fanboy, then what the FUCK is Yahtzee? And if you say creditable then that just proves you're a hypocrite, an elitist, a ZP fanboy who dreams of sucking Yahtzee's cock and above all a hack just like that bitter drunken Aussie piece of dogshit. As I've said in the discussion regarding IGN's little flame-war magnet "Killing Samus", MovieBob is ten times the gaming expert Yahtzee ever will become! And this review proves it!

This was nothing but Yahtzee regurgitating not only his biased anti-Nintendo smear campaign like always but the same stupid ass complaints about non-existent control problems, sexism, and character derailment that X-Play started up in the first place. So yeah, Yahtzee's pretty much lowered himself to the same level as the lowest form of video game journalism and I hope he fucking proud of himself for doing it. It just only cost him any chance at ever being labeled a human again.
You people keep trying so hard instead of just taking what Nintendo feeds you and keeping quiet. "Bob's not a Nintendo fanboy, you stupid ZP fanboy! Yahtzee is a... um... a fanboy of something I would gather! Take that, you fanboy fanboy!" My God. Only people like you would go on such a tear just to defend Samus's raging Electra complex.

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
carlito2003 said:
Extra Zero Punctuation video will be him telling all his fans this will be his last review. For some reason, I have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that might be true... Though it wouldn't surprise me =/
Even if it is his last, no need to worry. Last I can recall, he was working with two other gamers from AustralianGamer to make a television series called "Game Damage". You can google their website if you're interested.

On Topic:

Yeah, I've heard from alot of people that this game was a piece of shit compared to the usual formula of Metroid games.(Which I happen to enjoy. M:p was a prime example of a Metroid game.) Luckily for me, I made sure it was so before considering to buy it.

Thanks for reaffirming my suspisions, Yahtzee. This is one game I can steer clear of. Maybe to get something actually good. Like Civilization V.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Lordofthesuplex said:
Yes because you have to let some drunken son of a ***** tell you what to play. How about you go out and rent the game and try it for yourself before you decide Yahtzee's always right. All this is doing is reinforcing my point of why Yahtzee's fanbase can blow me.
Wow. Did I just insult your mother or something? Calm yourself, Iago.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Wow. Molten Rivers of Flame Galore!

I never would've thought it.

As always, Yahtzee's review was delightful, insightful, and positively spiteful... of course, that's what I'm looking for- entertainment- since I absolutely would not ever take his advice on whether or not a game is worth purchasing. He has way to many biases.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I wasn't expecting this, but man am I happy Metroid got ripped for killing Samus as a character.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Zeithri said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Metroid Other M

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Metroid Other M.

Watch Video
I find this review to be, while funny, a bit meh.

[a href=http://screwattack.com/videos/TGO-Episode-40-Heavens-to-Metroid]TGP Episode 40 "Heavens to Metroid"[/a]
Much better.
Sorry Yahtzee but I'm betraying you on this one ;<
*slurp slurp slurp*
You're all linking to the same review. This is getting disturbing. Did Bobby-boy tell his fanny-wannys to spread the gospel?

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
LadyMint said:
Lordofthesuplex said:
Yes because you have to let some drunken son of a ***** tell you what to play. How about you go out and rent the game and try it for yourself before you decide Yahtzee's always right. All this is doing is reinforcing my point of why Yahtzee's fanbase can blow me.
Wow. Did I just insult your mother or something? Calm yourself, Iago.
Ignore him. He's the typical Paragon of Independent Thinking (TM) who's angry that people agree with Yahtzee that, quite simply, "Bad game is bad". Just look at this kid throwing his impotent temper tantrum in every post. The stink of the Nintendo fanboy is all over every cliche in his post.