Zero Punctuation: Metroid Other M

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
So the best way to enjoy a game that's trying not to be an FPS is to play an FPS? Huh.

When was Samus established as having a "bold, independent spirit"? I don't remember that being mentioned at all in any of the games other than the fact that you, the player, are controlling her and she's completely alone. She blindly followed our orders even if it meant smacking into a wall repeatedly when our phones rang or falling into an acid pit when we mis-judged a jump she probably could have handled were she in control of her own body.

This sounds so much like so many other arguments against Other M I'm wondering if Yahtzee either got bored with the ZP enterprise now that his novel's out or has just been too busy to form salient points that he's cribbed notes from other sources. Not that I myself would ever do such a thing [http://gameoverthinker.blogspot.com/2010/09/episode-40-heavens-to-metroid.html].

Funny? Yes. Accurate? No idea. I'm too poor to own a Wii. But I find myself kinda confused by all of the hatred. Maybe it's just me.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
Damn, I was looking forward to getting this game eventually. Oh well, I just got Civilization V working this morning so I should be fine on games for the next 2 years.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
awesomem review yahtzee, i had a feeling this would be rather crap.

it appears most of the other reviewers are being extra special nice to it for some reason..

carlito2003

Oct 27, 2009
Extra Zero Punctuation video will be him telling all his fans this will be his last review. For some reason, I have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that might be true... Though it wouldn't surprise me =/

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
Can't say I agree with the review (that scene where the character sacrifices themselves was awesome!) but also the traitor subplot is supposed to be figured out, not resolved. The traitor is logically deducible, and is more fun that way too.

But besides the story which I agree was poorly handled I thought the gameplay was pretty awesome, certainly faster paced and more engaging than Prime, but also still resolutely retro. If a sequel was announced tomorrow I'd get excited (and considering it's metroid a sequel probably will get announced tomorrow).

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
I knew this game would be absolutely terrible when I heard who was making it. Making her dependent of male characters is probably the WORST direction the game could have turned to. Samus isn't supposed to be a feminine stereotype, but apparently Nintendo is okay with letting her be portrayed as one.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Didn't like this one all that much.

Watched through it all without a giggle, nor a laugh.

se7ensenses

Jun 10, 2009
Nintendo- making the same game over & over & over since 1985. The broken record of the gaming industry.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Quite a nice review, not the best of it, but certainly had me laughing.

I was expecting more fanservice from team Ninja, but what was really dissapointing, it's how short is the game.

griffinith

Nov 12, 2008
The amount of raised eyebrow I had when I first saw clips for this game were on par with metroid pinball. It seems like some offshoot that should have never happened... But! Metroid Pinball was actually a good game. So I don't really know how this one will work out until I play it myself. Seeing as how Yahtzee and I haven't seen eye to eye ever since I started watching ZP, this is my only real choice.

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
se7ensenses said:
Nintendo- making the same game over & over & over since 1985. The broken record of the gaming industry.
And it still sells lol. I don't own a wii but theres 2 in my house ¬¬.