Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Maybe the minecraft multiplayer would appeal. Sure, you CAN build marvelous structures with the help of friends, but why do that when you can travel the land with a torch as the herald of fiery destruction, or build a lava canal under your friend's house, then dig him a trap door.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
YES! I have been waiting for this one! Too bad it had to happen because Australia had a flood and Yahtzee couldn't get any other games, but it was good nonetheless. Why do I have a strange feeling he won't touch any server with a ten foot pole?

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Fuck my overenthusiasm. Got so exited I posted before the 5 min banhammer was gone. But it's nice to know even Yahtzee is not immune to minecraft's infinite piles of joy.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Every time I hear people talk about Minecraft, I oddly hate it more. Now I know how others fell when everyone talks about CoD.

Amusing episode overall.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I was wondering if we'd ever see a review of this. I figured it was impossible because there is very little "game" in Minecraft, and it's still only in beta anyway.

Anyway, it was quite funny, and I certainly know the feeling of having been struck by inspiration, only to look up 9 hours later from the top of a Doom Fortress.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Yes, Minecraft. The lego of the gaming world. The creepers are just like your little brother, ready to surprise you and destroy your giant tower which you spent hours looking for specific parts to build.

Great fun! I've seriously wanted to buy this game ever since my friend showed me his worlds.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
oh noes shrubberies

that is all you need to know

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Oh God, the gold... I found gold once. And then I fell in lava.

FFFFF!!!

Man, This last week I've spent more time playing Minecraft in school than doing schoolwork. It's exam week, and I don't study, but the teachers think I do. Only one left to go, and I'm doing fine.

Until then, I'm going to make a small villa in the deserts, for me and only me... unless someone can direct me to a multiplayer server, because I am a sad lonely soul.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rainboq said:
I think EVERYONE has tried to build a skull fortress, hence why they are epic...

Now I just need a mod for sharks with laserbeams on their heads.
Notch has implied that sharks will be on their way. Are lasers really a fantastic idea...?

And about the tutorial: Notch has also implied adding one of those.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Awesome as usual.
Was thinking of trying minecraft, best book a free weekend for myself.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I recently got addicted to Minecraft, myself (and I don't normally get addicted to games).
I quite enjoyed this review's use of cawk jokes.

tictactoe

Nov 30, 2010
I'm pretty sure there's a special place in hell just for the suicide shrubs. Not that Hell could keep creepers from exploding and setting their remaining brethren free. I've only ever played the old free version but I've watched friends with paid accounts play and it's tempting to buy it.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Yet another review goes without mentioning the "Peaceful" difficulty option in which the only danger is sitting in lava for more than a second. It leaves out the monsters, though, so you can't make fertilizer nor TNT.