Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Teaguy

Jan 6, 2011
I've never thought I'd get angry over him not hating a game.
Seriously, Minecraft's alpha is an overrated POS.

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Alright, I never played that game and to this day I still don't know what the fuck it is about. But when even extra credits and now (to some extend) yahtzee say it is a good game, I guess I need to finally give it a try.

LordSphinx

Apr 14, 2009
Even people who are convinced that they will hate Minecraft become addicted. My girlfriend was vehemently against the idea of playing it, saying she doesn't like it when the game is obscure about its features, not liking open sand boxes and preferent having directions, and being completely grossed out by the graphics. yet, she tried it because I insisted. 10 minutes later, she bought the damn game, and now she is insisting that we play more minecraft instead of eating or sleeping.

Usually, I comply. I need an unhealthy dose of minecrack.

Brandchan

Oct 6, 2010
I love Minecraft because I love building crap but I also get distracted by my compulsion to punch sheep whenever I see them. I was getting better but then the sheep starting to come in more colors and it only got worse, way worse. Must...punch...sheep...

Feb 18, 2010
Most non critical Yahtzee review ever! Have to agree Minecraft is great, makes a nice change from all the identikit big budget blandfests out there.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Because the last thing we needed was for the ZP cult to merge with the Minecraft cult.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
unacomn said:
The skull bit gave me an idea. I usually just try to build stuff that's undercover. I once made a mansion underwater, that required the displacing of every cube of water in the area, on by one, since I don't know a better method. It turned out great. The downside was I couldn't find it if I went to far away. So I built a tall tower with a lava lamp on top of it.

They they added sea creatures and I did it all over again.
I once made a waterfall with a hidden tunnel, inside of the tunnel there was an enormous staircase with lava and water on the sides, by the end of it there was a huge room with a skull that had the eyes on fire and another tunnel in its mouth that led to the actual house.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Is it just me, or can Minecraft be classified as "survival horror"?

I mean, you spend the first few minutes desperately chopping down a whole forest and getting a base ready before the night, and then you spend every dark night cowering in there with a sword made of WOOD, terrified that something will sniff you out.

And even when you go deep into the earth, you always have to make sure there are enough torches so that no mobs will spawn. Believe me, there is nothing more scary than going into your mine, only to be ambushed by a ton of skeletons that spawned while you were searching for clay on the surface.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Oh no! I hope he doesn't get in to it... that would probably result in no ZP next week!
That game does literally gobble up time like it's a fat kid at an open buffet.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
Oh my gosh I know you all will think "Yeah right", but I actually predicted he'd do a Minecraft review! When--I didn't know, but I knew it'd get so popular he'd have to do it. Great review as always--Love how you referred to Creepers as bushes/shrubs. They ruin everyone's work, Yahtzee. Hopefully in time they'll realize that they die from exploding. Then they will bow down to you.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Monsters can easily be disabled by changing the difficulty to peaceful. I really hate nighttime though.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
It's rather shocking how similar this is to my first experience of Minecraft.

Which I love.