Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

dakorok

Dec 8, 2010
So I could tell that he actually kinda enjoyed Minecraft, since there was a bit less "this game sucks ass" and more "FUCKING CREEPERS" in the review.

ovset

May 23, 2008
Yahtzee lost of his credibility with this review. Minecraft is just another boring grindfest hidden behind the fact that you can build stuff with blocks. In other words, garbage.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Wow. I never thought he would actually review it. Not only that, but it was a rather positive review... Not only THAT but he plays it for fun?

Is this opposite day or something?

Oh well, I need to go back to making my giant dome to keep the nasties away.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
ZodiacBraves said:
CopperBoom said:
Since I have not ever played the game, do Creepers really look like big green pricks or is that a "knob" joke?
Indeed they do, my roommate and I refer to them as the exploding penis monsters.
Oh okay.
Thanks for reporting, the video was kind of "cock heavy" so I was not sure if that was just more of the motif.

Toksyuryel

Mar 20, 2009
Yahtzee, as long as you are reviewing games that aren't finished yet, how about Dwarf Fortress sometime?

Lt.Reck

Mar 18, 2010
I realize the United states isn't perfect but for the love of god can you stop with side bashing for at least one episode. I like your reviews but i don't care for hearing how the U.S. is the worst country in your opinion every Wednesday.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
That was surprising. I never expected him to review Minecraft and even less to like it. But it was a great review of a great game. When I first saw the game, I really didn't know why it's so popular but after watching some youtube videos and getting the hang of the game, I can't stop playing it.
At the moment I'm building my first really big castle and now I might change my plans a bit and make it a skull fortress.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
ovset said:
Yahtzee lost of his credibility with this review. Minecraft is just another boring grindfest hidden behind the fact that you can build stuff with blocks. In other words, garbage.
And at least most other grindfests actually REWARD you at a stable and predictable rate for doing said grinding. Minecraft just says "dig randomly in one direction and MAYBE you'll find something worthwhile."

TheZaius

May 7, 2008
"Oh goody! That means I can go back inside and keep playing ~Minecraft!~"

Heh, the way he said "Minecraft" was so funny.

Anyway, seems like Yahtzee really likes his open-world freedom-filled games.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Fronzel said:
Wow, no rage at all.
Well, except for the lack of instruction thing.

But its hard to rage on a game that really has no point beyond "HEY, BUILD SOMETHING BEFORE DARK DAMNIT!"

OT: I dont know, I kinda thought it would, but when gaming was a trickle, or when you had to pay full price for it. still, glad he liked it. It seemed like his kinda game. Bout the only way it could be better for him (and me and a few popel I know) is if you can go and take apart stuff people have built while they're trying to build. XD my friend has a castle thats impenitrable, so I want to go pick a hole in it that will let in the creepers since he wont expect it and watch him get killed inside. XD

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
I like the fact he got the point of minecraft, you don't have any goals or points, you just build crap and survive the freaking creepers.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
I think he liked it... Not sure tho, since the amount of sarcasm in ZP's videos could makes me to clean my ears out of brown goo every Wednesday night.. But yeah that that basically what minecraft is and why I like it. Also eternal Beta status allows free content that any AAA-title would classify as an updat... Sorry I mean: DLC that we will pay 10-20 euros for...

Flamehero1

Jun 6, 2010
darmey said:
"Glesgae"?

Just a warning to anybody who might be thinking of visiting Scotland, perhaps to trace non-existent family roots: going into Glasgow and calling it "Glesgae" is a sure fire way to have your eyes gouged out with broken bottles - and that's just from the grannies.
But at least we'll tell them where the hospital is afterwards :) we're such a friendly city.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Before seeing the video: "Oh, look, Zero Punctuation is on Minecraft, this should be interesting."

After seeing video, however, it became clear that Minecraft really lacked adequate material for Yahtzee to work with. It's a heavily-accessible sandbox, it does what it does well, what more was there to be said?

Look forward to the Extra Punctuation article on it, though, perhaps that'll fill in the gaps somewhat.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Lol that was great sounds like he really likes it.
This vid made me want to play MC more than anything else on it I've seen.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Huh he hasn't made a "Like my dad" Insult in a awhile I wonder if his dad is really as he mentions.