Zero Punctuation: Mirror's Edge

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
100 dollars in Australia...Jeez, I feel bad for you guys =/

I can only assume its a good review of the game seeing as I haven't played the game yet. I'm getting it for x-mas though, so I'll be able to take part in this "experiment" as well! Woot!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I thought he'd actually like this game...cause, you know...it's original.
Oh well, at least his misery is our hilarious 5 minutes.

Well played, good sir. Well played.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Musimo said:
JimbobDa3rd said:
so i was on the AOL home page the other day
Campin said:
wewt love this game
Vampiric Puppet said:
very funny
brazuca said:
Uhm... So it comes around 15:00 hours here in brazil. I'll see this review. Please make the next one Farcry2 or Left 4 Dead.
Vicare said:
That was HILARIOUS
Hamster at Dawn said:
I'd been wondering if this game was any good. Thanks for the review.
flaming_squirrel said:
Thought the demo was a bit 'meh'
Do you people really need to post before you even watch the freaking video?
Oh, be fair. Let them bask in their illusionary feeling of accomplishment before they get smacked across their idiotic faces with a ban stick.

Mrmandude

Aug 29, 2008
Totaly Agree my friend got this game is "borrowed it" finished it told him it sucked gave it back to him i won the argument

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Haha, very good review this week. I like it when he just flat out hates a game. The reviews are much funnier that way.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I laughed like hell during this review, especially in the way you pronounced "dreams" and while this review tries to crucify mirror's edge I'm still nervously awaiting it.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I never hugely like the look of this, all my friends gushed about how the gameplay and graphics looked amazing, but I didn't hugely believe that the gameplay would be any better then Assassins Creed in 1st Person, and I didn't realize there was any combat in it for about 4 weeks. I'm not clever...

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I wonder why everyone seemes to have such problems with the game. I fell to death maybe five times during the whole game... And I usually suck at almost every game. I really love this game.
But still a great review. The "ate his own shoe" part made me spill my beer.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Musimo said:
JimbobDa3rd said:
Campin said:
wewt love this game
Vampiric Puppet said:
very funny
brazuca said:
Uhm... So it comes around 15:00 hours here in brazil. I'll see this review. Please make the next one Farcry2 or Left 4 Dead.
Vicare said:
That was HILARIOUS
Hamster at Dawn said:
I'd been wondering if this game was any good. Thanks for the review.
flaming_squirrel said:
Thought the demo was a bit 'meh'
Oh, be fair. Let them bask in their illusionary feeling of accomplishment before they get smacked across their idiotic faces with a ban stick.
They've already been banned. Blimey, that was quick!

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Musimo said:
Someone's jealous!

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
They pay *you* to shove their wires up there? I'm sure I paid for that... er... I've heard people pay for that... Allegedly.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Musimo said:
Someone's jealous!
Sure, I'd love to be that stupid! Let me just find a power drill and do a little at-home cranial intrusion. It'll be *drills* arrgh larsh off furgle.

Proto Cloud

Jun 25, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Musimo said:
Someone's jealous!
how would you be jealous to be the first to comment? Especially if you're going to make an absolutely useless comment.

EDIT: Dammit, ^^ this kid beat me to it!

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
For some reason this game never appealed to me. Never liked the idea of 1st person platforming as it could be very disorienting (not to mention vomit inducing). But I really can't say anything about this game, I havn't played it, and I don't think I will anytime soon (got other games to catch up to).

qubit

Sep 26, 2008
I guess with every good experiment there's a hundred failed ones. I agree with Yahtzee on this point; it's definitely nice to see EA of all developers taking chances. Even if they tank like Mirror's Edge did, it's nice to see that someone is trying something different.

I haven't played Mirror's Edge yet, but I might rent it for the hell of it. I'd rather play a broken original game than a broken dumbed-down sequel anyway.

ShogunGino

Oct 27, 2008
Well, to be honest, I disagree with Yahtzee's decision. But I suppose I would be put in a downtrodden attitude about a short game if I had to pay AU$100 for a game that I know other Westerners pay only half as much.

But still, I don't mind short games if I have fun playing them, and I think Mirror's Edge is very fun. It feels like a first person Prince of Persia(Sands of Time trilogy, obviously), with guns.

Once again, I disagree with you Yahtzee, and, consequently, other people who don't like the game, but hey, I'm sorry you didn't have fun, because I certainly did.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Proto Cloud said:
how would you be jealous to be the first to comment? Especially if you're going to make an absolutely useless comment.
Indeed. I mean, look at this:

JimbobDa3rd:
Shoddy word construction, plot goes nowhere, dull action and concept. Very poor, see me.

Proto Cloud

Jun 25, 2008
laikenf said:
For some reason this game never appealed to me. Never liked the idea of 1st person platforming as it could be very disorienting (not to mention vomit inducing). But I really can't say anything about this game, I havn't played it, and I don't think I will anytime soon (got other games to catch up to).
Give the demo a go. Since, you know, that's what it's for...

I didn't really find it disorienting, but maybe it might affect you if you have 3D motion sickness.