Zero Punctuation: Nintendo 3DS

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
That absolutely made my day. No I'm not going to comment on Portal, I read the disclaimer at the end, oh wait, didn't I just comment on Portal. Seriously Yahtzee, that was incredible, I totally agree and I don't care if you gloat at me as I'm too busy pissing myself laughing.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
"The 3DS has been rushed out faster than a dog making retching noises at a brand new carpet"
Hahahahaha YES! Where the hell do you come up with these metaphors...pure magic.

I'm not all that keen on 3DS which keeps your head stuck in one position, and any implementation of motion controls to go along with that would be just...tedious, to say the least. One of those who is just waiting for the whole 3D fad to die, and quickly, hopefully. Even though I have enjoyed the odd 3D film at the cinemas.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
A grown man being happy about being with little kids?...
"If there isn't a law against this, CIVILIZATION HAS FAILED."

That. Nothing else needs to be said.

By the way, will we ever be graced by the presence of Senor Koquonfaes again?

rickicker

Oct 26, 2010
Aww, you're just lonely aren't you, Yahtzee? Don't worry, I'll be sure to befriend Senor Koquonfaes as soon as I got my very own 3DS.

Nope, not a Nintendo drone, I'm not. I'm just someone who's at that age where nostalgia reigns and wanted to play the new "Kid Icarus" one more time before I die. And if something good comes along the way, waheey, yippie ka-ya muthafucka! And if not, well, there's always the exchange counter at the game shops. X3

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I admit: The prospect of naming someone "Senor Koquonface" and giving him genetalia where his face should be and making him go into other people's games made my day.
Well played, Yahtzee. I can wait for the Portal 2 review, which is probably because I haven't played it yet, shame on me for being hopelessly addicted to Mortal Kombat (I WILL REACH YOU CHALLENGE 300, EVEN THOUGH YOUR REWARDS ARE PATHETIC)

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
EBHughsThe1st said:
NGP- A Sony DS that someone sat on and decided to sell.
So long as it doesn't have region locking it'll be my next handheld of choice I think, I don't care what company makes something all I care about is the greedy bastards who won't let me import games from Japan/America :p

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Nooooo! How dare you make me wait for Portal 2, Yahtzee? You are as evil as Gabe Newel.

. . .

Okay, I'm actually not bothered at all, but I felt like saying it just to mock people who get up in arms about what and how Yahtzee chooses to review. Does that make me a troll?

lady man lady

Apr 1, 2011
please don't do portal 2 yet! just give it like 2 more weeks! i really like watching your videos, but i want to beat the game and form my own opinions before seeing yours. this is probably just making you want to review it more, but please wait! portal 1 was perfect for me and i would like to play the second with that same mentality.

Zouriz

Apr 28, 2011
What really annoys me is the fact that the internet browser and online shop aren't out yet. How could they launch without either of those!? Ah well, it won't be very long until they are out(Like a month), and Nintendo is going to giving out Excitebike 3D for free! Pretty awesome.

Howling Din

Mar 10, 2011
Nintendo has it pretty good...
They make ludicrous amounts of money off marketing mindless gimmicks to Joe Dumb-face, and still have enough pull on Yahtzee that all they have to do to upset him is stay on their cozy, profitable, effortless course. Munching snacks on their golden throne within the ivory palace of Idiotland as Yahtzee rants about the shit-piles they leave outside.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I wonder if Microsoft decided to give (sell) Rare back to Nintendo, and if that would cause some creative explosion that propelled Nintendo to do something other than rehash with one hand while tantalizing the crowd with some "twist" using the other. The games sound like such a throw-back to the N64 that they're basically saying "Look, that was the best it ever got, so deal with it."

*sigh* sorry, the Gamecube has left me bitter. :p

If I look back on those good ol' N64 days, as nice as it seems, I know that taking the same games now would feel rather empty because it still isn't new. Same old Ocarina of Time, which was great, but again? Really? Okay, maybe with more squinting this time, but really?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Since I read that putting out content takes two weeks, it's no surprise Portal2 would come out two weeks after its release.

so I guess the guy actually has critiques for Portal 2 enough to make full content..

I personally think it's great.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
I've been on that planet with you since the beginning, Mr. Crosshaw. Can I hog the armrest or something?

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
I knew Yahtzee lived in Australia,but I didn't realize he lived in my hometown of Brisbane.This makes Bris-Vegas 99% more cool now.If I'd known,I'd have begged him to join up with me for the 'Professor Portal' achievement.
So,Yahtzee,when ARE we going to get a Portal 2 review?

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I wonder if Microsoft decided to give (sell) Rare back to Nintendo, and if that would cause some creative explosion that propelled Nintendo to do something other than rehash with one hand while tantalizing the crowd with some "twist" using the other. The games sound like such a throw-back to the N64 that they're basically saying "Look, that was the best it ever got, so deal with it."
You do know that Rare's most recent game is Kinect Sports, right?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
After seeing this review I can say that I won't be buying a 3DS now or anytime soon.

Now,waiting one more week for Portal 2 review(maybe?).

Or is it bait like with Halo Reach :p