Zero Punctuation: Nintendo Switch & Breath of the Wild

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Nintendo Switch & Breath of the Wild

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews the Nintendo Switch and the latest Legend of Zelda.

Watch Video

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
5:05

Isn't that a water molecule? I ask because you explicitly said air molecule, which more than likely refers to oxygen molecule, i.e. 02.

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
I think Yahtzee is the first critic to say buy it on the Wii U. Everyone is saying to buy it on the Switch.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Samael Barghest said:
I think Yahtzee is the first critic to say buy it on the Wii U. Everyone is saying to buy it on the Switch.
To be fair, he's not saying it plays better on the Wii U. Only that the Wii U has other games to play. One could argue that makes it the smarter purchase overall.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
My bingo is ready, let's see:
A versus episode with that new Nier game - denied
Mention Dark Souls - nope
Says that Wind Waker is good - yup
Ubisoft - yes
Nintendo Hardware hurting Yahtzee in any way - Kind of a given
Politics - Check
Shot of the original game - I'm on fire
Link's appearence/name - no

Well, that was interesting, Yahtzee's inhability to dodge predictions is making me even more eager for the review of the FFVII remake.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Igor-Rowan said:
My bingo is ready, let's see:
A versus episode with that new Nier game - denied
Mention Dark Souls - nope
Says that Wind Waker is good - yup
Ubisoft - yes
Nintendo Hardware hurting Yahtzee in any way - Kind of a given
Politics - Check
Shot of the original game - I'm on fire
Link's appearence/name - no

Well, that was interesting, Yahtzee's inhability to dodge predictions is making me even more eager for the review of the FFVII remake.
You forgot mentioning Silent Hill 2 as the best story based game of all time.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Silentpony said:
I WAS gonna put that in here, but recently with games like Dark Souls, Undertale and Doom, I think Yahtzee had a falling out with SH2, not to say he doesn't like it now, but a recent Extra Punctuation article said he considered re-thinking his approach to video game storytelling.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I'm surprised this review is up so quickly, considering the Switch and BOTW both came out last Friday.

I got the Wii U version, because I've made it a point to never buy any console on launch, and only buy one after some good games come out for it and they've worked out the inevitable hardware issues. Hell, I didn't get my Wii U until 2014, mainly thanks to the promise of a new Smash Bros, and I'm quite happy with the console and the games I bought for it.

Anyway, I'm guessing either Nier or Horizon Zero Dawn is next week.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
LordTerminal said:
One could also argue that the Switch actually has more games coming soon and that people should stop being so damn impatient. It's not like the WiiU which had us wait an entire year for more stuff after it's launch or the 3DS which made us wait until October for Mario. Honestly you people these days keep demanding Nintendo consoles have launches that cure cancer but you'll buy into mediocre launches like PS4's And XBone's.
Except that's not exactly how it works. Because a system is now a generation behind, it has its entire life span of a back catalogue of games to go for, where a new system like the Switch has to spend the next 3-5 years to get the same result. Nobody here is saying the Switch has to have a launch lineup that cures cancer, so I dunno what you're getting so worked up about

May 14, 2013
Bedinsis said:
5:05

Isn't that a water molecule? I ask because you explicitly said air molecule, which more than likely refers to oxygen molecule, i.e. 02.
I'm not sure, better go take some pictures of it and get back to us.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Funniest scene of the video for me: the giant pig lying on its back while Link winds up for the big kick to the beanbag.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well fuck, even Yahtzee likes Breath of the Wild. When Yahtzee likes a Zelda game, it's doing something good, he only tends to be impressed by the really effing good ones (Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.) I'm so getting a Switch when the library fattens up and my tax returns come in.

Also, getting a member of each of the four races to come and hold Ganon down? Isn't that basically the Four Giants from Majora's Mask all over again?

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
LordTerminal said:
Saltyk said:
Samael Barghest said:
To be fair, he's not saying it plays better on the Wii U. Only that the Wii U has other games to play. One could argue that makes it the smarter purchase overall.
One could also argue that the Switch actually has more games coming soon and that people should stop being so damn impatient. It's not like the WiiU which had us wait an entire year for more stuff after it's launch or the 3DS which made us wait until October for Mario. Honestly you people these days keep demanding Nintendo consoles have launches that cure cancer but you'll buy into mediocre launches like PS4's And XBone's.

Also Yahtzee, why are you stating nobody asked for the Switch's portability? Didn't you say most people DON'T know what they want until it's presented to them?
I spotted the fanboy everyone.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
erttheking said:
Well fuck, even Yahtzee likes Breath of the Wild. When Yahtzee likes a Zelda game, it's doing something good, he only tends to be impressed by the really effing good ones (Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.) I'm so getting a Switch when the library fattens up and my tax returns come in.

Also, getting a member of each of the four races to come and hold Ganon down? Isn't that basically the Four Giants from Majora's Mask all over again?
He didn't try to mess with the name mechanic again, did he? In previous Zelda games, he named his character "Fagballs", "I say", and "Fuckme".

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
erttheking said:

He didn't try to mess with the name mechanic again, did he? In previous Zelda games, he named his character "Fagballs", "I say", and "Fuckme".
There's no naming this time, because the voiceacting, that you will hear roughly every time the planets align, has to have a way to say your name. So you're just named "link" this time, without any way to change it.