Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
I chuckled a lot more about this one than many of the recent ZPs. Less out-and-out guffawing. Can we get the chuckle-to-guffaw ratio worked out properly, Yahtzee?

The RMM comment was the only thing that made me actually laugh.

Hrm. Overall, a quality submission. Have to watch it a few more times I think. And I suppose that *is* really your nefarious purpose...

Mr. Win

Jan 23, 2010
It was a funny review, and I laughed a fair bit, but I disagree with a lot of the complaints. I found all of the NES style minigames to be very fun, and the exclusion of the sandbox was only a good thing, really.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
No joke about the developer's "desperate struggle" to make this game work or something? I did like the reference back to Rebeca Mayes' song.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
Great review as always, I dont own a wii, but if No more heroes were for the 360 I might think getting it.

b1u3too

Jul 14, 2009
D'aww...you should have told me not to bring my titties. Can I still get in a containment tube anyways?

....I need a holiday. ._.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
There were a couple places where it was obvious that he spliced two voice clips together. Moreso than I remember ever seeing before. I realize he has to do that sometimes, but I'd have thought he'd just do another take if he couldn't get it to mesh the first time.

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
Lordbishop said:
Ooo.. think someone might have watched Rebecca's vid/song
Yeah, he watched it when it came out. They even had a little twitter back and forth, but now I think they're both content to snipe at each other from their respective perches, professionally of course. (Not that I claim to understand the British mind)

Anyhoo, I was a bit underwhelmed with the ranking fights in this one. My favorite was the astronaut, and even he was a little simplistic in the end.

Then of course there was the second part of the last boss fight which is SO NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE that whoever came up with the idea of the tornado punch should be sectioned. The final part was so much easier.

Grr grr.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
As usual, release dates get screwed over =/

Hilarious vid as usual XD I agree with the point about the 50 ranks thing though, I was so disappointed with that.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
When I logged on, there were no comments. In the time it took me to watch the video, there are now twenty. Yahtzee certainly is popular these days.
For some reason, I just didn't find this one that funny, except for that joke about Rebbecca Mayes.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I love how he wears the beret on top of his trilby.

And there aren't many titties in my containment tube either.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Grrr... is anyone as tired of that stupid Slim Jim ad as i am? Thankfully, Yahtzee's review more than made up for having to watch it yet one more (expletive deleted) time. I can't say I was interested in this game, and am less so now, but I still got tons of amusement watching Yahtzee eviscerate it.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Can we stop the Slimjim ads please? Slimjims are nasty. Watching the same stupid ad before every video I want to watch does not make me want to eat that crap.

At least make the annoying ads relevant to the site, which is to say anything related to gaming would at least be tolerable.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
About time someone finally let him play this game. It sounded like he really enjoyed the firs game, and I feel badly that this one let him down.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I really need a Wii. People talk about No More Heros 1 with glowing praise. I'm also in need of some clearification; tubes, numbers, and tournament referances leave me pretty well clueless. :(

Still though, Yahtzee's acknowledgment of Rebecca made me revisit that whole confusing thing. Whatever came of that anyway (I said, knowing it's really none of my business).