Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
New favorite Yahtzee quote:

"A hack-n-slack game aimed specifically at gamers but exclusive to the Wii is like a Matisse masterpiece being exclusive to the Etch-A-Sketch."

Well done sir.

riffraff11235

Mar 26, 2009
Just to prove how much like Travis I am (which is to say how much of a nerd I am), that manga/anime/light novel that Travis is holding when Yahtzee introduces him as a "massive nerd" is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
Pretty much my thoughts, though I didn't miss the sandbox and I totally disagree with using the classic controller. The novelty of physically doing the killing blows is probably the most fun part of the game for me.

I love No More Heroes though, and this one is certainly welcome alongside the original.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Lol Yahtzee finally acknowledges the Rebecca Mayes thing. I still think her calling Yahtzee a misogynist was ridiculous, and I'm a second year possibly lesbian art student taking gender studies classes.

daavisb

Jun 14, 2009
hey guys. dont understand whats happenned, could anyone bring lead me to the latest status?

Giandroid

Jun 15, 2010
And I love the Alex Kidd in Miracle World reference. I thought I was the only one on Earth who played that game. And owned a Sega Master System (still do).

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Gar. What about the crappy wrestling? Sure, wrestling moves are way more effective in Desperate Struggle, but they all look the same. Crappy. In the first one, you could wrestle every man, woman, and child (Except there are only men) and still have it be fun...and I liked the retro mini-games...

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Picked this game up for $18 AUD at a sale, despite the shortcomings I knew it had before I bought it, it's still really fun. In a really childish sort of way.

Strave

Gallant Gentleman
Feb 5, 2009
Ah hahahahaha!
Wow, I just was thinking "Well, I guess I'll get back on my Wii and keep playing No More Heroes 2; oh wait! A new Zero Punctuation today! I'll procrastinate playing a game by watching that instead!" And then looky here! Fortune smiles kindly upon me.

Now that Yahtzee has so expertly illustrated all the things that are driving me nuts about this game, I feel much less need to continue playing it. Hooray! Goodbye, $6 to Blockbuster; you shall be missed. And if I ever see you again, remind me to never listen to whatever "friend" of mine recommended I play this series of games.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Nice to see the nod to Rebecca Mayes there. No More Heroes never really grabbed me, so needless to say this review is likely to do nothing to sway that. Good job though.

moosek

Nov 5, 2009
I enjoyed NMH2, though the ending/final boss was a bit of a let-down compare to the twist in the first game.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
I don't know why but I find I sympathise with characters a lot less after they lose their virginity.
I... I thought I was the only one!

Seriously, I've thought for years I'm a socially backward bell-end for not being socially liberal enough to like characters after they've done the deed.

Thank you Yahtzee, now I don't feel so alone!

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Yes!
This is the second time (I think) Yahtzee has mentioned, or referenced, Swindon which is my hometown...and yes, it is a shite hole :)

Thank you, Yahtzee, for giving our awful town some more fame :)