Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Surprised he didn't noticed the jiggle physics on the fat gay gym owner, which I took as a way of him making fun of said jiggle physics. Although Suda51's idea of "making fun of something" is pretty much trolling. I mean, Suda brought back the WORST minigame from the first game. If you're gonna bring something back, you don't bring back the Scrappy Mechanic [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScrappyMechanic]!

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
srsly yatzee is now talking too damn fast it is impossible for the human brian to process one clause before hes moving on to the second or third its not a competishun to see who can talk the fastest mr yatzee i get that its your thing that define's who you are but srsly its just getting silly now keep it within reason ok.

(Poor spelling and punctuation used intentionally. Do you see what I did there? If not, what I did there was this: satirise Yahtzee.)

It's fairly easy to talk really fast when you have written down what you're going to say beforehand and can edit out pauses afterwards. It's much harder to do that whilst keeping a sense of good structure and intelligibility. Yahtzee seems to have forgotten the latter in the pursuit of seeing how far he can push the former. I'd like to see him rediscover the sweet spot between the two.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Haha. Take that Rebbecca. And your.... songs... that suck...and stuff.

You may have guessed I dislike her.

Anyhoo's. Nice review. As always, some might say. But I shall not. For I am not some. For example I am writing this with my eyes closed.
FOR IT ALL.
Seriously, I'm that good, I'm not actually gouing back to change things either.

Anyway. Enough about me.
How are you?

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
Why is there a link to "buy this game" underneath the video? I mean, really, who would want to buy something after Ben Croshaw's had his way with it?

I also had a problem with Travis's change of character. The first time around, he was a geek doing geek stuff, using the UAA as a form of violent escapism (JUST LIKE THE PLAYER, GET IT?), but now he's just pissed about stuff, and it comes across in his dialogue and mannerisms. He used to be lighthearted and charming, but now he's way too dark.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
XD
Paused it at the scene where he's holding Haruhi whilst slicing fodder in half. Happy, just happy bliss. XD

Ossum

Apr 19, 2009
Ithos said:
Wow... we've actually come to the point of in-house references
A Gunnerkrigg Court avatar. You win.

Also, NMH1 I never finished... It was too into itself, I suppose. It made me feel like I was slogging through someone else's pretentious opinion of gaming. The bossfights were awesome though.

havoc_91

Jun 17, 2010
nice review, now can we see him review a DS visual novel after super mario galaxy 2?

Taern

Dec 22, 2008
I wonder why everyone seems to hate this game here.

Just because Yahtzee bashed it?

I rarely hear entirely negative comments about it elsewhere, and I like it myself.

Greylynx

Nov 19, 2009
Remember Kimmy did it for the Lulz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRNxhVcgEvw

and REAPER REAPER THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE CALL ME!

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I hate those Wii standard controllers! "Oh look, some people don't like our motion controls. So... to keep them as customers let's put out a controller that workson half of the games. Now... lets make it bulky and not at all form-fitting to a pair of hands so it's like they're using a big NES contoller with rounded corners."

Even the SNES controller had the spot where the your palms could rest at the bottom of the controller. Yes, the pro looks a bit better, but it's still got that weird oval shape. In fact, the only changes I see are some wings and the analog sticks are spaced out a bit more.

Btw, my favorite controller still has bo be the Gamecube controller. Take that as you will...

CaseySmith

Mar 5, 2010
I couldn't imagine any sandbox game working at all for the Wii anyway. It doesn't have the hardware to do it properly.

CyricZ said:
Lordbishop said:
Ooo.. think someone might have watched Rebecca's vid/song
Yeah, he watched it when it came out. They even had a little twitter back and forth, but now I think they're both content to snipe at each other from their respective perches, professionally of course. (Not that I claim to understand the British mind)
Well I do, and us British people like to take the mickey/piss out of each other. Most times this is not ment as aggressive, it's usually ment as a form of indirect bonding; a way to have fun with one another verbally.

I really do see how this gets lost in translation with our American cousins, as when the same is applied to an American, they tend to FREAK THE F*CK OUT AND RAGE. Well, at least from my personal experience. =p

Ahh, reminds me of the early days of the internet, where an American would get in between two British friends taking the piss out of each other; accussing one or the other for being horrible and they're gonna report them and what-not... And we all know what happens in those situations!

(Both of them to the interceptor): "Piss off!"

One thing I'm now very curious about is: do the Australians have this trait?

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
With regards to maturity, didn't you think that the 2nd rank boss fight showed a stupid amount of maturity? Like the entire evolution of Travis's character?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
CaptainCrunch said:
LadyRhian said:
Grrr... is anyone as tired of that stupid Slim Jim ad as i am? Thankfully, Yahtzee's review more than made up for having to watch it yet one more (expletive deleted) time. I can't say I was interested in this game, and am less so now, but I still got tons of amusement watching Yahtzee eviscerate it.
snowman6251 said:
Can we stop the Slimjim ads please? Slimjims are nasty. Watching the same stupid ad before every video I want to watch does not make me want to eat that crap.

At least make the annoying ads relevant to the site, which is to say anything related to gaming would at least be tolerable.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe
Pub Club members see videos ad-free, and with higher quality encoding. 20 bux gets you this ability, and several other snazzy benefits.
i see now. this is escapist idea of torture..and it's working.
i wonder if Yahtzee actually reads these comments. i enjoyed the rebecca mayes comment, but was it really a shot at here? he just said i don't want her to stab me.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
CaseySmith said:
I couldn't imagine any sandbox game working at all for the Wii anyway. It doesn't have the hardware to do it properly.

CyricZ said:
Lordbishop said:
Ooo.. think someone might have watched Rebecca's vid/song
Yeah, he watched it when it came out. They even had a little twitter back and forth, but now I think they're both content to snipe at each other from their respective perches, professionally of course. (Not that I claim to understand the British mind)
Well I do, and us British people like to take the mickey/piss out of each other. Most times this is not ment as aggressive, it's usually ment as a form of indirect bonding; a way to have fun with one another verbally.

I really do see how this gets lost in translation with our American cousins, as when the same is applied to an American, they tend to FREAK THE F*CK OUT AND RAGE. Well, at least from my personal experience. =p

Ahh, reminds me of the early days of the internet, where an American would get in between two British friends taking the piss out of each other; accussing one or the other for being horrible and they're gonna report them and what-not... And we all know what happens in those situations!

(Both of them to the interceptor): "Piss off!"

One thing I'm now very curious about is: do the Australians have this trait?
Thank you very much for being someone who acknowledges a Brit's needs to take the piss out of other brits, you grumpy bastard.

Quite right about Rebecca and Yahtzee. It's all fun and games between them. I doubt Yahtzee REALLY expects Rebecca to stab him, and probably either acknowledges a slightly misogynistic nature or sees it as a joke.

Similarly, Rebecca will take this in her stride. She'll probably laugh about it more than us.

I know Americans personally. They get deeply offended about any witty banter that other people just shrug off. A real pain when they're attractive.

Australians aren't anything like us. They all just say "G'Day, mate" and drink Lager (NOT BEER) and hate black people. We Brits hate everyone. Including ourselves, our friends and our families.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Ironically this inspired me to get back into NMH2 again. I got it when it came out originally but a bunch of other good games came out around the same time, mainly Mass Effect 2, so it's been collecting dust for a while. Now I've got back into it and was reminded what I loved so much about the game (AND what I hated.) Thanks for reminding me Yahtzee!

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
snowman6251 said:
Can we stop the Slimjim ads please? Slimjims are nasty. Watching the same stupid ad before every video I want to watch does not make me want to eat that crap.

At least make the annoying ads relevant to the site, which is to say anything related to gaming would at least be tolerable.
The only ads I ever see here are for the paid bonus membership and D&D Online