Zero Punctuation: Papers, Please and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

emmyisnotcool

Jul 21, 2013
Reeve said:
A pre-op transexual: In other words someone who hasn't had a sex change.

Are people really saying in this thread that it wouldn't be homosexual behaviour for a guy to suck off another guy - just because he's going to have a sex change at some point in the future?
They are not guys though. They are transsexual women, regardless of the status of their genitalia. Do research before you go off spouting uneducated opinions.

Waddles

Mar 16, 2010
Christ the forums on this site have gone to the dogs. Look at yourselves!

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
Easy to say, untill your trans son or daughter kills themself because jokes like this create an environment where ridiculing and rejecting trans people is okay.

emmyisnotcool

Jul 21, 2013
Melion said:
This is so amusing, you people are "offended" because of his tranny joke but not his other borderline racist jokes? Dear lord.

Yeah. Tranny is a slur. You know that right? It's as bad as calling a gay man a "fag." I assume you didn't know this, unless of course you throw off the word fag all the time as well.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Warachia said:
Then let's try to end this, he's attracted to a person for their physical body and their mindset while they're in that gender, he's not attracted to the same person when they are a different gender, so if he only cares about the mentally men, but doesn't care for the same people when they are physically men, now, the majority of the world only cares about the physical attraction, meaning he's straight, but what would you call it? And if you call it gay, then why wouldn't he be attracted to the same person if they were the same gender as him?
Alright, I'll say that the defining characteristic of a person's gender is their gender identity, which in the case of transgender people is as clearly defined as that of their desired gender as non-trans people's is of their physical gender, and that you cannot call a man who only sleeps with transwomen gay because of it.

Well, it's good we got this out of the way quickly.

CoronaryThrombosis

Apr 15, 2009
emmyisnotcool said:
They are not guys though. They are transsexual women, regardless of the status of their genitalia. Do research before you go off spouting uneducated opinions.
Genetics be damned according to you. At what point does a Y chromosome factor in to your purportedly "educated" analysis? Subjective analysis = making shit up. STANDARDS - they're important. If "status of their genitalia" and Y chromosomes don't factor in at all, then there isn't a determining factor for gender. If that's the case, I'm going to claim I'm a black woman and take advantage of affirmative action right now. If anyone points out my light skin and penis, I'm going to chastise them for spouting off uneducated opinions.

And just to clear some things up:

I will NEVER commit suicide on another person. Also, I won't take responsibility for the actions of others. If transsexual people want to kill themselves that's their business. I will do nothing to stand in the way of people's rights of self-determination; whether that be their right to determine for themselves what gender/sexuality they will exhibit or whether or not they should be alive.

capcha: wild goose chase -- we're getting there

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
Easy to say, untill your trans son or daughter kills themself because jokes like this create an environment where ridiculing and rejecting trans people is okay.
It'd be their fault for taking everything so fucking seriously. Me and my friends constantly shit on each other all the time and have a good laugh about it. It's only a hostile environment if you make it one.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
It'd be their fault for taking everything so fucking seriously. Me and my friends constantly shit on each other all the time and have a good laugh about it. It's only a hostile environment if you make it one.
Except you and your friends are friends. You understand it's all in good fun. A parent throwing their child out of their home at age 16 is not all in good fun. It's neglect. And it happens regularly because as long as people make jokes that deny what trans people are and treat them as freaks, it will continue to happen.

Melion

Apr 16, 2009
emmyisnotcool said:
Yeah. Tranny is a slur. You know that right? It's as bad as calling a gay man a "fag." I assume you didn't know this, unless of course you throw off the word fag all the time as well.
I'm well aware that it is a slur but so what? What I find so amusing is just how sensitive people are over harmless joke made by a guy over the internet when it isn't aimed at anyone. At all.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
Melion said:
emmyisnotcool said:
I'm well aware that it is a slur but so what? What I find so amusing is just how sensitive people are over harmless joke made by a guy over the internet when it isn't aimed at anyone. At all.
Except that it isn't harmless. It's demonstrably harmful.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
And where did Yahtzee say it was okay in the video? Oh wait, he didn't, and he was not saying that with the sign "no trannies", because that's a thing that happens in the game he was reviewing, and that game was also not saying it's okay.

Zombie Badger said:
Warachia said:
Then let's try to end this, he's attracted to a person for their physical body and their mindset while they're in that gender, he's not attracted to the same person when they are a different gender, so if he only cares about the mentally men, but doesn't care for the same people when they are physically men, now, the majority of the world only cares about the physical attraction, meaning he's straight, but what would you call it? And if you call it gay, then why wouldn't he be attracted to the same person if they were the same gender as him?
Alright, I'll say that the defining characteristic of a person's gender is their gender identity, which in the case of transgender people is as clearly defined as that of their desired gender as non-trans people's is of their physical gender, and that you cannot call a man who only sleeps with transwomen gay because of it.

Well, it's good we got this out of the way quickly.
In that case we'd need new names describing these sexualities because transsexual is a little too vague given all it can cover, at least in that I think we can both agree on.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
Warachia said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
And where did Yahtzee say it was okay in the video? Oh wait, he didn't, and he was not saying that with the sign "no trannies", because that's a thing that happens in the game he was reviewing, and that game was also not saying it's okay.
Not that part. The part where he inferred that pre op trans girls are guys, (by the fact that a man would be gay for sleeping with one)

Melion

Apr 16, 2009
ErinBeee said:
How? No seriously, how in what way at all is it harmful to anyone? Is he aiming it at a certain person? Is he seeking to ridicule someone for their sexual/gender identity? Is Yahtzee having a "soapbox" moment on how it is "wrong" to be transsexual?

No, he made a harmless joke on the internet and people are throwing a hissyfit over it for no reason.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
Melion said:
ErinBeee said:
How? No seriously, how in what way at all is it harmful to anyone? Is he aiming it at a certain person? Is he seeking to ridicule someone for their sexual/gender identity? Is Yahtzee having a "soapbox" moment on how it is "wrong" to be transsexual?

No, he made a harmless joke on the internet and people are throwing a hissyfit over it for no reason.
Things don't need to target a specific person for them to be harmful. Jokes like this create a social attitude that trans people are freaks to be ridiculed. Which leads to rejection of trans people, which leads to homelessness and suicide.

tifa77

Jun 24, 2009
Look up his black opps 2 review for white male/America bashing. We live in such a special snowflake society nowadays that the western world is rapidly turning into a joke. Instead of secret police we have white knights publicly shaming people for having different view than their own or for hurting their feelings.

Your rights end where my feelings begin.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
tifa77 said:
Look up his black opps 2 review for white male/America bashing. We live in such a special snowflake society nowadays that the western world is rapidly turning into a joke. Instead of secret police we have white knights publicly shaming people for having different view than their own or for hurting their feelings.

Your rights end where my feelings begin.
Yep, because bashing the most priviliged group in society is going to lead to increased suicide rates? Bashing the most discriminated against group? probably.

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
ErinBeee said:
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
Except you and your friends are friends. You understand it's all in good fun. A parent throwing their child out of their home at age 16 is not all in good fun. It's neglect. And it happens regularly because as long as people make jokes that deny what trans people are and treat them as freaks, it will continue to happen.
Are you serious? What kind of fucked up logic is that? People joke about trans therefore they think it's okay to toss them out of the house. We joke about murder a lot. Does that make it okay to murder people? We have jokes about other countries, does that make anyone from a different country a lesser person?

No, jokes are jokes. You treat them as such. If you treat them as anything otherwise and kill yourself because of it, that's your own fault.

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
ErinBeee said:
Melion said:
ErinBeee said:

Things don't need to target a specific person for them to be harmful. Jokes like this create a social attitude that trans people are freaks to be ridiculed. Which leads to rejection of trans people, which leads to homelessness and suicide.
Really? Give me a link to a story where someone heard a trans joke and then decided to hate trans people because of it.

You're shouting out these things as if they're fact, when you have nothing backing it.

(edit: apologies for double post)

BrendanFinn

Apr 16, 2012
What I don't get is why is everybody treating it as a joke.

What was it that sucking off a pre-op trannie was gay right?
Well it is. That tranny may feel like a girl all he wants but if he's preop he still has cock & balls which means male.
And how much gayer then sucking a cock can you get?
And guess what even when he chops his cocks & balls off he'll still be a man because genetically he'll still be a man.
His own feelings and wishes have nothing to do with it, it's pure and simple biology.